Hey guys / guls,

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/savefromnet-helper/

maybe anyone did conversion already?

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: savefromnet-helper
Posted by: Kleon
Date: November 03, 2012 04:28PM

E-hem. Yet another YouTube downloader? Why bother?

¬_¬

——————————————————————————
Windows XP Pro SP3 | K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2
Trying out various subspecies of the lizard smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 04:29PM by Kleon.

Posted by: km2
Date: November 04, 2012 10:25AM

is there alternative downloader, that work (without java), and without installing in the system anything?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 04, 2012 12:00PM
Date: November 04, 2012 12:01PM

or another one? (see attachment) KMext has some tools already for you!:drool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 12:07PM by rodocop.

Attachments: flashvideodownloader.7z (1.6 KB)  
Date: December 06, 2012 02:15PM

I've tried to convert this addon but found that it's rather difficult for me.

I think there is respectively easy way to rewrite it for K-Meleon - but easy for someone who is more familiar with scripting and coding.

May be Merlin or JamesD could help.

Why one more videosaver?
Well, first of all, this is very interesting one, especially for russian-speaking users (it supports vk.com - popular russian analogue of facebook).
The next point is education.
If someone would adapt this extension to K-Meleon everyone could get an opportunity to see how can this be made.

So, I've attached the xpi-file here.
As I see there are 'chrome' part responsible for interface of extension, which is overlaying FF interface adding toolbar button, statusbar panel and so on.
This could be ignored in K-meleon as it doesn't support XUL-interface (but supports standalone XUL-windows like in AdBlock!)

We can replace that stuff with a macro, which would define its own functions for all active modules of extension - and then create KM-style toolbar from the scratch, using this macro and icons from original extension.

So It seems to me, that main part of the savefromnet-helper hides in main.js from the chrome\content folder and jsm-files from modules folder.

I need expertise from coding gurus - am I right and how can be made all previously described. Is it InjectJS function what could call js- and jsm-files and how it would be right to implement this.

I need your help, folks. If someone will master an macro-creation then I promise to make toolbar-button for this extension...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2012 02:16PM by rodocop.

Attachments: savefromnet-1.50-fx.xpi (77.6 KB)  
Posted by: Merlin
Date: December 07, 2012 10:01AM

I have tried to run it under the firefox 3.6 environment ( near to k-memelon ),but I couldn't see the download button in youtube, or download icon.

Only show The status bar icon which sent the page to the addon site .

Maybe it's firefox sitting , or just youtube has changed it's codes (last news in the site 14.10.2011 ) .

==================================

Anyway I took a look inside the content folder, and found the following:

1-the chrome overlay the browser.xul [firefox] with the panel.xul , which call the main js & create the statusbar\toolbar icon + popup menu & get string files .

2- The Other options.xul file called from main.optionMenu & it handle the pref values gui .

3- The main js , add eventListener load pags to run it's "run functions" ,which use preferences-service in the gecko XPCOM components to chack the addon state in pref then it call the start function.

4-the start function import javascript Modules utils.jsm &json.jsm using the Components.utils.import("resource://savefrom/**.jsm"),

[The js Modules (jsm) is simpl JavaScript code used to global & share the code between scopes. and use the array "EXPORTED_SYMBOLS" to return the function present in it.]

, then the start function call the setPanelView which create the buttons&it's commands .

4-the other important is the function moduleParams , which defined the meodual that need to import & the function runModule\ loadModule import it .

5-the other functions do some other unessential job.

6-The Module files extract video files from dailymotion,vimeo,youtube,vkontakte & it's embed + download + decode base64 .

If the sites changed it's codes , these files only modifed.

And as i said earlier , it didn't work under my version of firefox.

========================================================

rodocop

Well, first of all, this is very interesting one, especially for russian-speaking users (it supports vk.com - popular russian analogue of facebook).
The next point is education.

You can use internet download manger (idm) addon + oGet extension ,to download flash\video.

1-Extract the components folder (this folder only) from idm-folder\idmmzcc.xpi , put it in components folder & Install oGet .

2.Delete [ compreg.dat & xpti.dat ] in components folder (it will regenerate again , it's like components database ).

Use the macro in this post Only the macro the other files is useless .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 02:48PM by Merlin.

Date: December 08, 2012 04:12AM

I Test it again with the last firfox release and still can't see the download button , or download icon.

The Russian Site Say:

У нас возникли технические проблемы, работаем над их устранением.16.11.2012

>>

We are experiencing technical problems, working on their elimination .16.11.2012

I think that make it clear , the extension is out of date .

Date: December 08, 2012 08:13AM

Download button appears at the Addon toolbar.
But, yes - other functionality is mostly broken. For sometimes.

Today the service refuses to download any file saying Error: No link but less than a week ago I have downloaded file from video.yandex.ru through this site.

I think there is some unstability in their work.

Anyway I've found the bookmarklet there, so I'll add it to the KM Twin 2.0.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 08:16AM by rodocop.

Date: December 08, 2012 12:09PM

rodocop

It suppose to inject Download Button in video sites .

[This]

rodocop

Today the service refuses to download any file saying Error: No link but less than a week ago I have downloaded file from video.yandex.ru through this site.

If you Reload The page OR click on Dwonlaod Button it will recognize the link.

Date: December 08, 2012 01:05PM

Reload page works for me. Pressing Download button - not.

And yes, I've seen that injecting button or 'download icon' into pages is broken too.

Thank you for your advice!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 01:07PM by rodocop.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.