Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Performancing
Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 22, 2009 06:30PM

Performancing sounds like exactly what I need. I am brand new to blogging and my wife is less proficient than I. She has a domain name now (GoDaddy) and a wordpress website that we have yet to use.

Need to see a faq for this one to see how to set it up properly.

Any help much appreciated.

Tks.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Performancing
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 22, 2009 08:47PM

you'll just need wizard files to get going..those are added inside embed and locale jars, the extension already includes those wizard files and a redme on how to include them in kmeleon( kmeleon must be closed while adding the wizard files)

you can also download jars with wizards included(en-US) from this link
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/chromes
just download them and save them in k-meleon\chrome folder to replace the existing jars and you're ready to go

more about performancing at this link
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,93512,93512
(and a blogging account to test with)

there's also a program called blogdesk.org which is very good.
test both performancing and blogdesk..if you prefer blogdesk; it can be easily added in kmeleon with a macro

Date: September 22, 2009 11:51PM

disrupted
you'll just need wizard files to get going..those are added inside embed and locale jars, the extension already includes those wizard files and a redme on how to include them in kmeleon( kmeleon must be closed while adding the wizard files)

you can also download jars with wizards included(en-US) from this link
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/chromes
just download them and save them in k-meleon\chrome folder to replace the existing jars and you're ready to go

more about performancing at this link
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,93512,93512
(and a blogging account to test with)

there's also a program called blogdesk.org which is very good.
test both performancing and blogdesk..if you prefer blogdesk; it can be easily added in kmeleon with a macro

disrupted,

Very strange behavior... blogdesk, when clicked on (after install), keeps on asking for Microsoft Office 2000's Small Business install routine. Not cool at all. Why?

I think I would rather use Performancing with WordPress, if that is possible. (Just set up my first category there, but am worse than a newbie).

P.S. OK then... I uninstalled Blogdesk... something screwy there with my computer and MS Office Small Biz Disc... Blogdesk's install routine makes MS think it wants that Small Biz Disc and that just won't do.

GOOD NEWS! I figured out how to login to WordPress with Performancing using my wife's domain name. Now to get her to put up some content. This is really, really great! Very much appreciated! (Of course, I have to figure out how to use performancing to do that for her!) <weak grin.

P.P.S. disrupted,

Am getting this error message when I start performancing:

Could not load nsIperformancingservice: TypeError:
Components.classes['@performancing.com/performancing/performancingService;1"]has no properties

followed by this error:

Start Up Error: TypeError: this._performancingService has no properties

N

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 04:52AM by ndebord.

Date: September 23, 2009 06:57PM

terribly sorry.. i forgot to add performancing services in the package, i uploaded new with the components
kmext.sf.net/files/kmperformancing.7z

make sure to delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat to register the components or just use keih or keith

it's a shame about blogdesk.. it installed smoothly on my pc and i don't have office 200 or any windows office thingies.. i think they made some sort of an update...maybe to use ms files like dictionaries or something. unfortunately i don't have the setup for my version.. i deleted it which was a mistake but i compressed my blogdesk folder(no install) and uploaded it (2.2mb)
http://kmext.sf.net/files/BlogDesk.7z

just extract anywhere you like but it relies on some ocx's(activex components) you'll have to register them to the system.. or you can install your blogdesk version normally and then extract my package on top of the blogdesk installed files to replace them and have the older version

if you want to register the ocx's manually..do this
open folder options>file types and search for file type ocx

add new command "register"
and the action for new command:
regsvr32.exe "%1"

if ocx is not a registered extension, then add new extension in folder options, enter ocx and repeat previous steps

now go to the blogdesk folder you've extracted, right click on every ocx file and select register
there are 4 of them:
bdhec.ocx
bdu.ocx
GraphicsMill20Controls.ocx
SftTree_IX86_A_45.ocx

now run blogdesk and it should work fine.. i;ll also try to contact the dev and understand why the office requirements in the new version, he's a very nice fellow and helped me change the ui colours which have no options and looked terrible with my system font colours(could hardly see anything), he also promised to add a ui appearance dialog in next version but seems he messed up other things grinning smiley

Date: September 23, 2009 08:16PM

disrupted,

Much thanks. That did the trick.

I'm going to break this down into two parts. First off, performancing now works perfectly and I'm going to use it to make the blog for my wife. Much thanks and I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now I'm very happy with it.

As for Blogdesk, thanks again for the upload. But I'm just going to pass on the program, unless you think I need it to do performancing?

One new program at a time is about all I am willing to do. Performancing looks like a good tool for WordPress and I have a lot to learn there to make a good looking blog, as I've never done one before.

P.S. I do use Keih for your 7z installs... between you and Alain, I have a lot of extensions I would never had had before KM 1.5xxx (Tks KKO for the language update).

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 08:42PM by ndebord.

Date: September 24, 2009 12:55AM

no, there's no relation between performancing and blogdesk.. i just thought you might like to try it too, it seems to be a very good program.. i don't blog so don't really know the differences and thought maybe you'd prefer an external program than an integrated extension.

you're probably the first one to use performancing in km since the services were missing .. i hope it goes fine; it was one the most challenging xpi converts and i gave up on it several times but what kept me trying is because it's one of the very popular ff extensions and perhaps the only one dedicated for blogging so there wasn't other xul alternatives.. installing it can be a bit daunting because of the missing wizard files.. remeber if you do unofficiale updates; to backup those 2 chrome files or opt for non-chrome update(embed.jar).. i hope in the future the wizard files are included by default in kmeleon so the user doesn't have to worry about it.

Date: September 24, 2009 03:49AM

disrupted
no, there's no relation between performancing and blogdesk.. i just thought you might like to try it too, it seems to be a very good program.. i don't blog so don't really know the differences and thought maybe you'd prefer an external program than an integrated extension.

you're probably the first one to use performancing in km since the services were missing .. i hope it goes fine; it was one the most challenging xpi converts and i gave up on it several times but what kept me trying is because it's one of the very popular ff extensions and perhaps the only one dedicated for blogging so there wasn't other xul alternatives.. installing it can be a bit daunting because of the missing wizard files.. remeber if you do unofficiale updates; to backup those 2 chrome files or opt for non-chrome update(embed.jar).. i hope in the future the wizard files are included by default in kmeleon so the user doesn't have to worry about it.

disrupted,

Every since Alain started with the executable extensions and you with the 7z extensions, KKO's rewrite of the macro language has borne fruit. We end users get to do more exciting stuff inside the browser and as I've been using KM since 0.6, I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store right now.

I'll back up those two chrome files right now... I'll zip up your performance 7z and the 2 files together and in this fashion I'll remember what it is I need to do in the future when the next bugfix from desga2 comes out.

Now I gotta go and help write a blog!
Much thanks.

N

Date: October 21, 2009 08:45PM

disrupted

disrupted,

First off, very happy with performancing with wordpress. Everything works fine. Couple of questions for you, niggling details, not all that important, but still...

Wordpress allows you to upload images to its Media folder (or whatever they call it there) and then you can plug those images into whatever categories you have set up in Wordpress. Is there a way to do the same with performancing. Not really important, as I can handle the text in performancing... publish it up to my wordpress page and then handle it from wordpress itself.

TKs again. I really like to do such "stuff" from inside KM if at all possible and this one works for me.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2009 08:46PM by ndebord.

Date: November 04, 2009 04:29PM

er.. not sure.. i think i read somewhere that you need some kind of a plugin for performancing to add special features like that for wordpress.. i'll check it out

i'll have to make a wordpress account ..grrr tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 04, 2009 04:34PM

don't know if this works:
http://performancing.com/wordpress-plugins/

i'll try fiddling with it after creating an account..but i know the ported performancing is not the latest version(couldn't make latest one work)..also some things have been modified to work in kmeleon so not sure if it will have any bad effect on how those plugins work

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.