Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
maxthon extension?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 29, 2009 03:01PM

Is there a Maxthon extension that I can use instead of the IE one with KM?

Tks.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: maxthon extension?
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 29, 2009 06:53PM

which ie extension? we don't have any ie extensions.. i think

you mean ietab? ietab is just using the system embedded trident engine just like maxthon..but it isn't using the ie executable or ie plugins in any way. i don't like maxthon or ie2..i was testing something and i think both browsers do something in the registry that cripples autoit's mht saving function thorough ie calls .. i think those 2 browsers should be avoided like the plague

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: December 29, 2009 09:44PM

I'm ok with what you say, disrupted ...

Fortunately, there is no way to make these shits to work under Linux:drool:

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: panzer
Date: December 29, 2009 09:48PM

Maxton guys are OK. But Avant fanboys ... they're surpased only by FF fanboys. But just by a little ... grinning smiley It is funny watching when one is shouting: Get FF! Avant sucks! and the other Forget Firefox, Maxthon, Netscape, Mozilla and all other wannabes...this browser is top of the line. Features, security, functionality, compatibility, and of course "The Fastest Browser on Earth" or On a scale of 1-5, I give it a 10 or Why can't Billy Gates come up with something like this, at a fraction of IE's size, feature packed and FAST. The best thing since sliced bread!!!

Just hilarious ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 09:54PM by panzer.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 29, 2009 10:23PM

ndebord

Tks.

Here's a lazy way to code it. I just copied the IE macro module and replaced it with maxthon grinning smiley Better way would be to give the user the choice of which IE based browser to use, but I don't feel like doin that at the moment tongue sticking out smiley This should work though. Just extract to your macros folder.

Attachments: maxthon.zip (932 bytes)  
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 29, 2009 11:12PM

jsnj
ndebord

Tks.

Here's a lazy way to code it. I just copied the IE macro module and replaced it with maxthon grinning smiley Better way would be to give the user the choice of which IE based browser to use, but I don't feel like doin that at the moment tongue sticking out smiley This should work though. Just extract to your macros folder.

jsnj,

Works perfect with my version of Maxthon (v1.6.5). Much thanks.

N

Posted by: deadline
Date: December 30, 2009 12:02AM

jsnj, just a line to let you know that your whipped-together Maxthon extension works perfectly. I'm happy to report that (on that rare occasion when k-Meleon chokes in a particular page) I can now summon any of the other browsers on my system from within KM.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.