Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
youtube downloader(update)
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 25, 2009 11:52AM

this is a js update since the original js code by lexi no longer works after youtube have changed their code

the update adds a top bar with download links in flv and mp4 formats

unfortunately that download bar overlaps the youtube header so you might want to use this stylesheet(usercontent.css or in stylish)
http://userstyles.org/styles/23601
@-moz-document url-prefix(http://www.youtube.com/)

{

*[id^="side-announcement-box"], *[id^="chrome-promo"], *[id^="chrome-link"]{ display: none !important; }

}

@-moz-document url-prefix(http://www.youtube.com/watch)

{

body{ margin-top: 30px !important; }

this nudges the site a bit to give more space to the download bar, additionally it removes google chrome promotions "try youtube with a new browser"

download the update from:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/k/project/km/kmext/youtubedownload.7z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2009 03:28PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: youtube downloader(update)
Posted by: siria
Date: December 25, 2009 11:59AM

Just tried the (now old) version a few days ago, again, and as before it had not worked at all. Will try the new one soon.
Just wondering, why not simply injectss with the macro, is there a problem?

Date: December 25, 2009 02:36PM

the new one should work. injectcss didn't work, i think the command works for global css 1.0 but not for website includes like url-prefix, anyway it's better to be in stylish or usercontent than to make it macro event dependant

Date: December 25, 2009 02:50PM

Hmm... thinking about it, but this macro only works on youtube anyway, and will only be used there? Then the url prefix aren't really needed...
It would really be much handier if it's already included smiling smiley

Date: December 25, 2009 03:27PM

oh ok (dude, you remind me of desga sometimes..always nagging for better uffa grinning smiley)

now the page nudge is in the macro, download from:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/youtubedownload.7z

for users of 1.5.0-1.5.2, please add this in your usercontent.css
@-moz-document url-prefix(http://www.youtube.com/watch)

{

body{ margin-top: 30px !important; }
}

Date: December 25, 2009 05:29PM

:cool: grinning smiley grinning smiley It's the genes, nothing to do about it grinning smiley

But WHOA - lots of "a ha-experiences" (*lightbulb*) here!!

First - it works, even on my old win98! And very nicely grinning smiley After keepvid.com stopped working I can finally download videos again without opening firefox :cool:
That is, one needs to switch on javascript, but on keepvid that was also necessary.

Then this website, it's kinda awesome, and at the same time a bit scary, copyright- and legallywise. At any rate just W-H-O-A...

What's confusing me absolutely: With the macro I get a HQ-offer for a 40MB vid, but when trying each single services they link to from their website, the biggest one is 25MB (for the same video). Now I'm riddling if the 40MB are perhaps an automatic conversion or where in the world it may come from...

And somehow their bookmarklet doesn't work for me from the hotlist, although it does from the macro, but I'm rather sure it's either one of my "shields" (just which), or win98, or just my general cluelessness. Since it's the first bookmarklet I ever tried, no wonder ;-P

And I wasn't aware yet that macros can be constantly "watching" your browsing, and without clicking any additional command execute stuff!! Like they can inject css-styles dependent on each URL! On one hand it's a bit scary, on the other that opens lots of new possibilities...

EDIT:
Figured out so far that the links in the yellow bar come directly from youtube, none of the other 'sniffing' services involved. So it's their own script only that finds those download links. Just why don't they show those links on their webpage, only the other ones? That bookmarklet thing still only redirects me to their page, no yellow bar, like with the macro. Just trying to understand how all that works ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2009 06:48PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 25, 2009 07:14PM
Posted by: slayer
Date: December 26, 2009 10:59PM

It works great, thanks for sharing your Macros and Extensions!

Posted by: Matt
Date: December 27, 2009 06:58PM

Exactly what I wanted since lexi's macro stopped working (bad yt keeps chainging its code :madsmiling smiley; standing ovations, disrupted & the-outstanding-nagging-for-better-dude :cool:

Date: December 28, 2009 12:02PM

there are 2 formats of mp4 on youtube.. hq mp4(high quality ) and hd mp4 (hi defintion- the latter depends on the original uploaded video and may not always be available, hd mp4 are much bigger in size than flv3 due to better quality and less compression

Date: January 02, 2010 05:40PM

update: fix for deturl loading on wrong tab or window when a youtube video is loaded in a background tab. injectjs will only be invoked when the youtube video is loaded in the active tab.

please download from same link

Posted by: slayer
Date: January 03, 2010 12:34AM

Yes! thanks. Actually that happened to me, I was navigating in one tab and suddenly it turned into another one! The js was injected in the wrong site.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.