Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Free Download Manager (FDM)
Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 07, 2014 04:07PM

Hi! I just wan't to ask a question about Free Download Manager. Is there a way to make a extension for it to work with km? The reason why i ask is that it has the similary button function for download tubevideos.

Look at the picture up in the left corner of the movie. I think it's a nice function and i kinda like it and want it.

Yours: Rapido

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 04:10PM by Rapido.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Download Manager (FDM)
Posted by: George Hall
Date: February 08, 2014 12:25AM

There are three methods for the Free Download Manager to work with K-Meleon 74.

The methods are:

1. Create folder plugins in browser folder and copy npfdm.dll into browser\plugns
2 Copy npfdm.dll into your profiles plugins folder.
3. Set plugins.load_appdir_plugins to true in Browser Configuration which allows us to manually create a plugins folder with Windows Exploer in the K-Meleon 74 Program Folder so we can copy npfdm.dll in the plugins folder.

When plugins.load_appdir_plugins is enabled in Firefox. Firefox automatically creates the plugins folder in the Mozillla Firefox Porgram Folder.

The plugins folder is not enabled by default in Firefox or K-Meleon 74 in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Date: February 08, 2014 12:35AM

For versions of K-Meleon before K-Meleon 74 just copy npfdm.dll into the plugins folder or set Browser Monitoring for Netscape and choose the K-Meleon Folder as the location of where Netscape Plugins Folder is located.

Set Browser Monitoring for Netscape would only work with K-Meleon 74 if plugins.load_appdir_plugins if enabled in the Browser Configuration.

Date: February 08, 2014 04:31AM

To download a flash video with Free Download Manager from youtube with K-Meleon 1.5.x and K-Meleon 1.6.x without an extension if you use adblock plus with open blockable items, right click on link conains the youtube video, and select "copy items address"

That wotks with clipboard monitoring enabled in Free Download Manager.

When clipboard monitoring does not work, you can right on Free Download Manager icon on the taskbar and select "create new download"

"Add New Download" also works when you click the + icon from from the Main Window in Free Download Manager.

If the link does not appear automatically with "Create New Download" or "Add New Download", you can right click on URL address on the Free Download Manager popup and select paste which copies the link address from the clipboard.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 09, 2014 05:29PM

As I could remember oGet extension works with FDM.

Also there is special FDM extension.

Isn't they what you need?

Date: February 09, 2014 05:42PM

But the best way to download YouTube video is to use PwnYouTube bookmarklet
or
install YouTube Services 2.0.2 extension for KM that adds all the same functionality of that bookmarklet to the browser on the permanent basis.

Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 14, 2014 12:32PM

Yes FDM works with oget but there is just one problem and it is that a macro is needed to make FDM fully functional withg oget and kmeleon. As it is now it does not work correctly. The button is not visible as showed in the image and it does not download all filetypes in FDM options. So the extension has to be uppdated.

Yours: Rapido

P.S: I've tested and i'm not satisfied.
D.S.

Date: February 14, 2014 02:46PM

Have you tried other suggested options?

What do you think about using this?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.