Bookmark Bar
Posted by: Tom Bales
Date: February 24, 2014 06:14PM

Brand new to K-M so if this is old stuff, my apologies.

Using K-Meleon 1.6.0, and I can't find a way to get the Bookmarks Toolbar to display as an actual bar. Part of the problem of course is 10 years of using Firefox and having to unlearn some things before I can learn new things but I've been all through the preferences and can't find anything that causes the the bookmarks to be displayed as a bar.

Also, I'd like to import my Firefox bookmarks and can find no provision for that eother. Does this mean that these two functions aren't available in K-M or that I'm just not looking hard enough?
Thanks.

Re: Bookmark Bar
Posted by: siria
Date: February 24, 2014 07:33PM

Hi Tom, it's really a bit a jungle, but have you looked here?
F2 / K-Meleon Plugins / Netscape Bookmarks and then there are 4 tabs.
Or use the bookmarks menu, click on Options, that lands on the same page.

All Toolbars can be switched on-off in View/Toolbars.
Highly recommand to switch on the privacy bar, one of my personal top highlights of KM, but sadly hidden and switched off by default :-( At least new users should have a look to know it exists.

Perhaps the FAQ could help you a bit, but some parts are quite outdated and could use updates since years:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/faq#bookmarks

BTW, if you have still the old beta version from the download page, better first update it to a newer one. Rodocop has links to the main versions in his sig line, not official versions, but JamesD version is the closest to the original KM. The difference is mainly a slightly newer gecko engine and several bug fixes.

PS: there are also beta versions with newer engines, KM1.7beta with same gecko version as FF3.6 (anyone - isn't there anywhere a complete package with the newer engine??), and brandnew KM74/KM1.8 with engines gecko24 or 25. They do have quite some bugs yet, especially the latter ones, but can be used as second browser on sites that don't work right with the older engines. The links are somewhere in the forum...
(old and new version can run parallel at same time, info howto is in FAQ)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 07:52PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.