Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
multipagine
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 16, 2010 04:23PM

multipagine is based on speedy kmeleon http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,88344,88364 same layout, design etc but with the abiliy to edit the pages and autocreates thumbnails through an autoit script without the user having to fiddle with html editing or creating thumbnails.

multipagine does not rely on any external servers and all files are stored locally, the thumbnails are also created locally through sitechecker and does not rely on any thumbnail service.

access menu: edit> configuration>mulitpagine setup

quick tutorial:

the first time you install multipagine, you will get a prompt to set as startuppage.. this prompt will only happen once when you first install the extension

whether you select no or yes, the multipagine setup will open, you can click cancel and configure later from edit>configuration>multipagine setup

initially, all sites are preconfigured to kmeleon homepage and without thumbnails.

enter the urls for the pages you want in your multipagine and click set pagine button..the setup will create your multipage with all your entered links and proceed to create thumbnails through siteshocker

once it finishes it will exit and refresh your multipagine page so you can view your new thumbnails...

and in case you have surfed away from multipagine, the setup will reopen the pagine

http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/sourceforge/k/project/km/kmext/multipagine.7z

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: multipagine
Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 16, 2010 09:41PM

Seems to have problems setting the pages properly. Tested on 153 & 154RC. I set it up like this:

Then after it goes through the process of generating thumbnails which seems to take an unusually long 5min or so, I get the following when I pull it up again:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 09:42PM by jsnj.

Attachments: multipage1.png (10.8 KB)   multipage2.png (10.6 KB)  
Date: February 16, 2010 10:55PM

you can not leave empty urls..all 12 must be filled, there's no way around, well..there is but it's an eye candy extension

the thing is, i decided to take the easy way out..nstead of properly writing the whole line which could have given the option of empty urls without problems i decided to simply fillout the url entries after src=
the difference is about 300 lines less code

so i don't know, is it worth rewriting ..a big chunk will have to be written or better if the user can just fill the 12 urls

anyway, the only way now to fix that error you're getting is reinstalling the extension mainly replacing the multipagine html file because it's probably too mess now

Date: February 17, 2010 12:13AM

i fixed it tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: February 17, 2010 12:16AM

Or perhaps about:blank...? :cool:

Then again... one could put various important KM links there, like a link to skins in the wiki, a link to FAQ, a link to macros, a link to kmext, a link to geckozone, a link to wiki welcome, a link to...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 12:20AM by siria.

Posted by: Hatschi
Date: March 14, 2010 12:31AM

Nice Plugin. Unfortunatly the picture preview doesnt work. The picture field stays blank.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: March 14, 2010 05:46PM

thumbnails are created with nirsoft siteshot. niceshot uses IE(TRIDENT) OLE To create the snapshots for the websites. creating the thumbnails will fail if ie/trident engine was uninstalled or missing/unregistered components or restricted access by a firewall.

Date: March 14, 2010 10:39PM

Ok, and how do i fix this?

Date: March 15, 2010 05:43AM

I think i got it. Reason might be my worse connection. I tried the Siteshot utility as standalone and it didnt work too.
OK, no other solution than editing the previews myself i think.
tx

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: March 15, 2010 06:06AM

i was going to suggest that to rule out unregistered components but test again with simple page like google

if it creates a snapshot then probably a site or empty url messed the multipagine html file..reinstalling the extension should fix that problem

if siteshot still doesn't create a snap with google then it's mostly likely ie problem..nornally it shouldn't be connection problem. if ie opens a website normally then siteshot should be able to make a thumbnail

if you have previously uninstalled ie with a tool like ie eradicator..a minimal ie install will fix it(even with old ie version like ie 5)

if ie was never uninstalled then it could be unregistered components..to fix that go to startmenu>run and register these components one at a time

enter this command and click ok and repeat with other components like this:
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

(you can also register them from a dos/command prompt)

if all fails and you are behind a firewall, check the firewall settings and make sure siteshot is allowed

if still doesn't work, then you will have to create the thumbnail manually..either take a snapshot of the site and edit, save as site01.jpg, site02.jpg etc. you can also use online services to obtain a thumbnail
http://kwout.com/
http://www.thumboo.com/

Posted by: byeshu
Date: March 17, 2010 07:40PM

how to edit the pages or change the web add
of existing thumbnail

byeshu

Posted by: senna
Date: April 01, 2010 12:51PM

great job!

Date: April 01, 2010 07:58PM

thank you senna.
byeshoe, unfortunately there isn't a way to change the url for one thumbnail or several individually.. so if you need to change one thumbnail or one url, all the rest will be 'refreshed' with new thumbnails. it's not a very good extension and has many features missing and some bugs..hopefully in the near future i can make it better.

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 01, 2010 10:34PM

disrupted
thank you senna.
byeshoe, unfortunately there isn't a way to change the url for one thumbnail or several individually.. so if you need to change one thumbnail or one url, all the rest will be 'refreshed' with new thumbnails. it's not a very good extension and has many features missing and some bugs..hopefully in the near future i can make it better.

Are you tried to use frames? One frame for each image, you can reload each frame separately.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 01, 2010 11:06PM

nah, that's not the problem..the autoit script is not good, it reads all inputs together and writes them to the html page and triggers siteshoter for all values in one function..so even if one input is updated and the rest are not changed, it will still update everything like they were new inputs. the script was written with convenience in mind(my convenience grinning smiley) and not for proper functions.. but it saved a lot of time and effort

the best way to work with multipagine..is to do it once..set all your homepages and thumbnails the first time and never open it again tongue sticking out smiley so choose carefully which 12 websites you want and don't leave any url empty..you must have 12 pages, no choices

Date: April 04, 2010 10:57AM

update: all previous bugs fixed
- enables leaving empty urls
- preventing the dialog from being closed from the titlebar close button while processing (protects multipagine file from corruption)
- new no preview image
- empty urls converted to about:config-extra bonus(open in tab)
- validates all entered urls first before executing siteshoter- fix siteshoter loop
- limits thumbnail creation time to 80 seconds- sufficient for most websites and slow connections- prevents siteshoter from entering loop
- checks for valid prefix(http, https , ftp, gopher) adds http prefix if missing - fix for siteshoter not creating a thumbnail with a valid site
- adds tooltips on hovering- displays website url
- enables updating/setting websites individually- click corresponding button
- unicode support (nt)

macro update
- bug fix, multipagine opened in a new tab even when it was already open..opens config only if multipage is open. opens config+multipagine if multipagine wasn't loaded
- better 1.1.x support
- easy toggle to set as startup or not (reverts to default readme.html)

download new multipagine:
nt (2k, vista, xp etc) http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/multipagineNT.7z
9x (98, 94) http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/multipagine9x.7z

Date: April 09, 2010 06:29PM

I've been using it in 1.6a and it's been quite handy. One question/request though, how to disable/edit the auto-redirect feature.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:31PM by jsnj.

Date: April 09, 2010 09:41PM

you mean when opening the configuration? this can be easily removed by hashing it out like this in the macro:

multipagine{
#opentab("resource:///tools/multipagine/multipagine");
exec($_tool_path."\\multipagine\\multipagine.exe ");
}

for 1.1.x:

oldkmmultipagine{
#$OpenURL="resource:///tools/multipagine/multipagine"; $ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNew"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
exec($_tool_path."\\multipagine\\multipagine.exe ");
}

if you mean reopening the multipagine page if it's not already open after updating the sites, that's coded inside autoit..you will have to remove the command and recompile with autoit
find all references of
run($refresher)

delete the line or add a semi-colon at the beginning
;run($refresher)

is it very annoying? i thought it can be useful so user see the page after it has been updated sad smiley sob

Date: April 09, 2010 10:06PM

no, the bottom left corner, redirecting in numerical value seconds to BBC UK

*edit: Decided to take a look at the html page source and was able to remove it, but seems strange that it's in there to begin with, particularly for those of us who don't visit BBC UK smiling smiley or don't want to redirect anywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 10:55PM by jsnj.

Date: April 10, 2010 04:38PM

that was remnant from my original startup page, the redirect has been removed
please download from same links

Date: April 22, 2010 12:15AM

almost forgot to comment, hey dude what about use bookmarks.html like parameter to generate the pages? With this and loops you can do something unlimited.

one week after use the multipagine i started to develop something in php but is not a good language to transform into an independent aplication (reason why i dont share).

I want help with this project cause i liked but unfortunatly i am lazy to learn desktop languague, but the image contain the concept, maybe u can use something in multipagine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 06:00AM by senna.

Date: April 22, 2010 10:12PM

i don't have any php knowledge. the idea is very nice but this is impossible to make a config gui for in autoit because the websites can't be calculated prehand..this kind of startup page is best to configure within the page itself..will need js

another problem is also the thumbnails due to nature of bookmarks and they can be numerous links, siteshoter will not be a good way to create the thumbnails..it will take very long and siteshoter may crash. so it needs an online thumbnail service.. i don't like those very much becuase they have limits to thumbnail size, the resolution is not very good and they add a watermark..there's also the possibilty that the online service may go down or change the thumbnail grab url which will cause problems

desga has a macro that opens the bookmark page as html which doesn't have thumbnails so no eyecandy but it's functional and simple

maybe we can adapt for links in bookmarks bar but not for entire subfolders, can you upload php source, i'd like to learn and see how it can be coordinated with autoit config.. i'm currently investigating a 3d multipagine like safari but it will only work on km 1.6/gecko1.9

Date: April 23, 2010 01:47AM

k dude, i will just change some things to make the code more understandable

3d? omg, rly nice!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.