Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
web2pdf converter
Posted by: Matt
Date: April 05, 2010 07:26PM

Convert webpages into PDF documents. This extension uses web2pdfconvert.com service.

menu entry: page context menu > Extra Services > web2pdf converter & link context menu > Web Document > web2pdf converter

There is also a toolbar button you can display/hide anytime via menu View > Toolbars > web2pdf.

Attachments: web2pdfconverter.7z (2.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: web2pdf converter
Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 06, 2010 07:09PM

nice one matt, added to bookmark/archiving and extra menu file>save as pdf

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 11, 2010 03:54PM

Matt,

To my mind there are two schools of thought on this kind of conversion. One is to use the web as in your example:

<<Convert webpages into PDF documents. This extension uses web2pdfconvert.com service.>>

The other way to go is to get a print driver that grabs the screen in some fashion, either a window or a scroll of whatever content is being displayed on the website.

I use two: one I paid for (SnagIt) and the other is free, CutePDF Writer which also requires you to download and install the free GPL Ghostscript 8.15 postscript and pdf file format interpreter to make it work.

There are other standalone apps like CutePDF that do similar stuff, as are there other websites that do the conversions for you while you're online.

P.S. Yesterday, for example, I needed to convert a PDF file to a Word DOC file that I could type info into and I used an online converter that emailed me the finished product. Absolutely what I needed, when I needed it. Nice.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 12:28PM by ndebord.

Posted by: Matt
Date: July 21, 2010 08:28PM

pdfmyurl.com catches the whole website and converts it quickly to pdf.

menu entry: page context>extra services>url to pdf converter & link context>web document>url to pdf converter +toolbar button

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 08:30PM by Matt.

Attachments: pdfmyurl.7z (2.1 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.