Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Paste & Go
Posted by: Hadron
Date: October 09, 2014 01:56AM

Is there an extension to give K-Meleon Paste & Go?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paste & Go
Posted by: siria
Date: October 09, 2014 02:33AM

No extension needed. Just right-click on the Go-Button (green arrow, but depending on skin).

Tips: Or if you highlight some text on a page and then click on the button it takes it as an adress too.
General important for KM: right-click everywhere, there may (or not) appear something ;-)
Every button can possibly have a menu on right-click, which is not intuitive since other programs mark those buttons with little arrows beside. But it safes a lot of free space.
And every user can easily add menus of his own choice on most buttons, by editing toolbars.cfg and typing the menu name just after a | right of the command name. Any existing menu or submenu or macro menu. Ah yes, and since KM74 menus can just as easily be put on left click :-) Before it was possible too, but only via a plugin that has a checkmarks bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 02:35AM by siria.

Date: October 09, 2014 04:02AM

Hi siria.

I am just using the Default AuraAlpha (Compact) skin. Do different skins work differently? And yes, your suggestion works.

Thank you.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 09, 2014 06:44AM

Hadron
Hi siria.

Do different skins work differently?

The skins are often individualized in the way siria desribed. They are adapted to what people use.

Example. AuraAlpha (small and large) the toothed wheel icon. It has the compact menu on right click and the preferences on left click. And it is the single button of a bar that was switched on when no menus were visible. The reason, most people used visible menus at that time and the creator of the skin and a minority of users did not. That skin also introduced some new menu bar items that older skins do not have. Guess why? grinning smiley

When Dorian started 74 development he changed this skin to his liking. Or better modernized it. Since currently most people and other browsers used no visible menus anymore. So it became a visible button in the main bar...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 06:52AM by guenter.

Date: October 09, 2014 06:52AM

Thanks for the info, guenter.
I'll check out the other skins.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 09, 2014 09:06AM

Just to point out clearly again, to reduce non-intuitive misunderstandings: Which buttons exist, or are hidden, or don't exist at all, what they do at left-click, what they do at right-click, which toolbar names are there: Except for a few macro-created buttons this mostly all depends on the toolbars.cfg in the current skin folder, and on the look and size of the images in it.

BUT that doesn't mean you couldn't use a special skin if it's missing a special button or toolbar that's important to you. A user can always just copy over some button-creating text lines from one toolbars.cfg into another, make sure the needed images exist in either this skin folder or in the folder skins/default (create it yourself), and thus create the button himself. Or create completely new ones.
And what I personally love most: the back.bmp (toolbar background) image can be replaced by every image or photo a user likes better smiling smiley

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 09, 2014 02:00PM

guenter

The skins are often individualized in the way siria desribed. They are adapted to what people use.

@Hadron
A visual example to what Guenther said:

That's how my privacy bar looks like. It is the privacy bar of the Klassic skin which I modified to my like and usage.
Button to turn on/off cookies, animated images, JavaScript and the UserAgent button.
The rest of items are commented out in toolbars.cfg and the size of the buttons is changed to 16x16.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.