Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Screen Capture
Posted by: Matt
Date: January 03, 2010 02:05PM

This aviary.com service allows you to capture the currently viewed webpage, edit it online and save.

menu entry: page context > Extra Services > Screen Capture

Attachments: screencapture.7z (763 bytes)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Screen Capture
Posted by: duffy2009
Date: January 09, 2010 11:06AM

Matt

I downloaded Screen Capture and installed it into the K-Meleon folder. However, I don't see anything relating to Screen Capture in the KM Tools folder. I am not sure how I go about using Screen Capture with K-Meleon. I see this "path" in your original post:

menu entry: page context > Extra Services > Screen Capture

Not sure where to find that "menu entry".

thanks

** Downloaded several of your other programs. Only have tried the YouTube Downloader so far ... works great ... installed and tried it today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 02:03PM by duffy2009.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 09, 2010 01:48PM

There is nothing in tools yet, in this first version.
The current menu entry he posted in his last line:
"Page context" means if you right-click somewhere on a page.
Then the address is sent to aviary.com which is an external service.

Posted by: duffy2009
Date: January 09, 2010 02:00PM

siria ...

I just did an edit to my earlier post when your post showed up. OK, I have some idea of what to do. Just a quick question ... not sure I understand about aviary.com ... are you saying that I decide to save a web page and then go to aviary.com to find it and then download it to a folder on my computer. I already have PrintKey on my computer which I have been using to save a screen picture. Would Screen Capture work better or are they equal, already having a software program installed ? ... don't save all that many web screen pictures but every so often something comes along. ... thanks

Posted by: siria
Date: January 09, 2010 03:45PM

Well, personally I don't think there's a "better or worse" in this case, they are just different solutions with different pros and cons. Just try it and look which one you like better smiling smiley
All I know is that printkey is a local program on your computer, while aviary probably (?) wouldn't work if e.g. their server were down, but people who used it can tell you more. I haven't tried it yet so can't tell much, but simply open yourself the macro file and read how it works exactly: Edit > Configuration > Macros > Double-click on macro name (=simple text file) smiling smiley

Date: January 10, 2010 05:08PM

duffy, aviary is an external service hence it takes more time to generate a screen shot than with a software you have on your harddrive. Screen Capture is useful when you i.e. don't have such a software or you don't want/can't install it.
Screen Capture with up to date menu entry is available on http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext2.htm (on the bottom).

siria
(...) aviary probably (?) wouldn't work if e.g. their server were down, but people who used it can tell you more.

Yeap. And rarely it's necessary to reload aviary website when an error occurs (cracked egg).

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 10, 2010 06:45PM

There are many ways to do a screen capture. Everybody has their own favorite. The one I use, which allows printing or saving to file, is described here. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,88686,88687#msg-88687

Date: January 10, 2010 08:37PM

James, my favorite is Print Screen key and Paint grinning smiley although Screeny (portable, 420Kcool smiley placed in K-Meleon tools folder + a simple macro is nifty too :cool:.

Date: July 24, 2010 08:40AM

Make a website screenshot with superscreenshot.com

menu entry: Edit > Super Screenshot & page context > Extra Services > Super Screenshot

If you need some advanced features independent of an online service, grab capture plus instead.

Attachments: superscreenshot.7z (837 bytes)  
Date: July 20, 2011 10:44AM

superscreenshot.com R.I.P.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.