Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
IE Tab Addon foe K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1
Posted by: George Hall
Date: November 29, 2014 05:51PM

I checked IE Tab + (FF 8+, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.6, 3.5, SeaMonkey), IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab) IE Tab V2, and IE Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ie-tab/.

IE Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ie-tab/ only works with K-Mwleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1.

The only IE Tab version that works is Version 2.0.20120203 under Version History.

Doiwnload IE Tab https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/1419/ie_tab-2.0.20120203-fx-windows.xpi rename it to {77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}.xpi

Then extract plugins into K-Meleon Root folder.from the above IE Tab Extension.

I extracted macros into K-Meleon Root Folder From IE Tab http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/ietab-km74.7z

IE Tab + Chrome Frame http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/ietab+chromeframe-km74.7z for K-Meleon 74 is another version of IE TAb located at K-Meloen Extensions Central that may or my not work with K-Mleeon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1

I only know that IE Tab http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/ietab-km74.7z for K-Mleoen 74 works in both K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE Tab Addon foe K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1
Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 20, 2015 02:00AM

Have built working IETab for KM 75+.

Just combined all above in 1 package ready for KEM 8.0 or for simple unpacking into KM folder.
Slightly tweaked install.rdf for working init from browser\extensions instead corresponding profile folder.

Added IETab supplement for additional commands and updated it with some more privacy related commands ('Clear smth') as built-in cleaner was for cache anly and even that didn't work at all.

Created russian kml-file so other localizers could take it as template.

So just install this and enjoy!

Attachments: ietab+75.7z (460.9 KB)  
Posted by: siria
Date: September 21, 2015 09:18PM

Just read via google-translate the other thread, that explains something about opening mht-files by first typing "file://" and then navigating to the mht then right-clicking and sendTo?
Hmm, sounds awfully complicated to me, wondered if we couldn't make that at least a bit easier...
Now checked ietab.kmm, and as suspected it's just a matter of passing on the URL = easy smiling smiley

To get a better overview, the two unnecessary lines below "Private" can be deleted, and at the bottom in BuildMenu the Trident macros should simply be added to the same menu as the Webkit macros.
What confuses me too: Where is "$theurl" defined for line-21?
Does that really work, for "Open Page in Trident"??

Also what happens if you drag&drop a mht inside KM? In my old machine WITHOUT this extension a popup appears asking for open or save. The extension probably makes that the mht-URL is shown in the URLbar - or not? Just blind guessing... If yes and it is opened that way and only doesn't show content, wouldn't that be a case to call "Open Page in Trident"? In case this "$theurl" may not work, perhaps the normal $URL would?

Just for making the kmm less confusing also (injecting into every frame is really nonsense here):
current:
IEtab_Pref{
$OpenURL="chrome://ietab/content/ietabSetting.xul"; $ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNewWindow"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
}

easier:
IEtab_Pref{
opennew("chrome://ietab/content/ietabSetting.xul");
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 09:45PM by siria.

Date: September 21, 2015 10:34PM

Thank you, siria!

There are too many versions of ietab.kmm - and I've got lost among them! There was a wrong one in the archive. ($theurl wasn't really defined and sending didn't work. On my local PC I was using - surprize! - other version of kmm. My bad!)

Now I combined 2 old 'ietab.kmm' and added your fix for opennew.

Should work fine!

Attachments: ietab+75.7z (460.9 KB)  
Date: September 21, 2015 11:46PM

And you are right again: drag-n-drop of MHT-file into IE tab works!

Moreover - it works without any dialogs. Directly!

Date: September 22, 2015 05:42AM

Glad it works now! Frankly to my own surprise - even without any dialog for dragdropping mht now?! WOW... a mystery to me how KM now knows to send it automatically to IE, and why changing the kmm fixed it, considering it contains no OnLoad-commands... grinning smiley

But sorry the kmm-code itself is now even messier than before, ouch ouch ouch... (who wrote that?! You not I know, just copied) :cool: For this reason please take my name out of it again (and really have nearly nothing contributed to this complex extension anyway, consisting of far more than just a kmm), and try if at least removing that clipboard-nonsense still works too??

current:
IEtab_OpenPage{
$oldclip=getclipboard(); setclipboard("");
id(ID_SELECT_URL); id(ID_EDIT_COPY); $theurl=getclipboard();
$theurl==""? $theurl=$URL:"";
$URLBAR=$URL;
setclipboard($oldclip);
opentab("chrome://ietab/content/ietab.html?url=".$theurl);
}

new:
IEtab_OpenPage{
opentab("chrome://ietab/content/ietab.html?url=".$URL);
}

If not (?), perhaps the extension somehow monitors the clipboard, no idea, but in that case it's still build way too complicated.

If yes (?), it also itches me strongly to clean up that just as obfuscated "checkava" stuff in ietabsup.kmm and replace 3x3 lines with 3x1...
getpref(BOOL,"xxx") ? &yyy : &zzz;
(attention this checks for "true" => switch around &yyy+zzz)

...and in both kmm the module names which violate all naming rules, using no common prefix... Really sorry for being a PITA, but you see the prob is that everyone is just copying other old macros no matter how convoluted, and so everyone will perpetuate it again and again and again, no one knowing what he's doing (no wonder with such templates), sigh :-/

Ah yes, and I'add a kmm-version to the headers, and a date, and a link to this forum... *run&duck* ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 06:08AM by siria.

Date: September 22, 2015 12:24PM

siria,
you now you're a master of macrolanguage while I'm not at all.

Wouldn't it be more productive to let you change the code in both kmms and post files here - and I will repack them into the archive.

I'm really slightly lost in your fixes for ietabsup.kmm for example - scripting isn't my key skill at all ;-)

About drag-n-drop opening - KM opens MHT only if IE tab is ALREADY open and you drop the file into it. Sorry for some misdirection.

Date: September 22, 2015 01:22PM

Am in a hurry at the moment, so just a quick note:
What happens when you drag-drop into a normal KM tab?
The key question is whether it would trigger $OnLoad or not, because then we could use it for an automatic redirect. Otherwise we could still create a menu entry in File>Open MHT file

Date: September 22, 2015 06:16PM

siria
What happens when you drag-drop into a normal KM tab?
Nothing.

siria
The key question is whether it would trigger $OnLoad or not, because then we could use it for an automatic redirect. Otherwise we could still create a menu entry in File>Open MHT file
One more way is to add menu item to IE context menu. As ietabsup does.

I know how to add the item itself and name it 'Open' but I cannot find what should be the windows command to call 'Open file'-dialog...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 06:17PM by rodocop.

Re: IE Tab Addon for K-Meleon 74/75
Date: September 23, 2015 01:00AM

Finally installed it, together with KM75.1 on Vista.

But sigh - still no clue how to get that complicated extension stuff working sad smiley
Although about:addons says it's "enabled", redirecting a simple, local html-file to Trident just shows a BLACK page. Surely just some setting somewhere, manifest or whatever, but no idea how...
And no clue either how to open an IE-tab *before* dropping anything inside...
And since nothing works, still no idea about the correct URL path for mht...

Anyway, won't keep me from playing with macros in the dark anyway :cool:

If you like have a look at the attached test macro, perhaps it works on your machine?? It does 2 things:
1) after EVERY page load it checks if $URL=$URLBAR, if different it checks if file ending is "mht", if yes it redirects to IE-tab (with or without "file:///"??)
The goal is to work with the normal "File > Open" command
2) new menu option: File > "Open in IE-Tab"
This lists ALL files for picking, no need to first switch from "html" to "all". It could be configured to ONLY list *.mht, but see no need to restrict it.

===========
Another observation, not sure if it may be a bug??
File > Open
> HTML-file opens as "file:///c:/..." (OK)
> MHT-file (with IEtab-extension) opens as "c:\ ..."
(and $URL is "about:blank" / after redirect to chrome-ietab the $URL=$URLBAR again, but the page just turns black on my Vista, tested with+without "file:///...")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2015 01:00AM by siria.

Attachments: ietab_test.kmm (2.5 KB)  
Date: September 23, 2015 10:45AM

Fantastic work, siria! As always!

It works! It opens MHT from your new menu item in new IE Tab! Great!

Date: September 23, 2015 10:51AM

The only problem is that current IEtab plugin cannot parse non-latin symbols in URL which is sent to IE tab.

I'll try to get more luck with other IEtabbish addons, mentioned by George Hall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2015 10:52AM by rodocop.

Date: September 23, 2015 01:26PM

Have no luck with other versions of IEtab, so...

the final package with new kmm by siria and new kml by me

Attachments: ietab+75.7z (448.2 KB)  
Posted by: George_Hall
Date: September 23, 2015 02:29PM

IE Tab 4.0.20130422 Firefox Extension for K-Meleon 74/75 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131485

And IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab) Firefox Extension for K-Meleon 74/75 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131486

Use a later versions of IE Tab than the one located at K-Meleon Extensions Central http://kmext.sourceforge.net/

They also have a modified kmm becuase of the way that the URL was passed was changed

IE Tab 4.0.20130422 Firefox Extension for K-Meleon 74/75 definely works with both K-Meleon 74 and 75.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2015 02:31PM by George_Hall.

Date: September 23, 2015 03:38PM

George,

please, pack your working extension into archive and post here like I did.

I tried both addons with all your edits suggested but IEtab2 works with severe glitches and IEtab 4.0 doesn't work at all.

Date: September 23, 2015 04:26PM

Finally,
chrome.manifest edited to solve locale bugs.

Please, update!

Attachments: ietab+75.7z (448 KB)  
Date: September 24, 2015 09:47PM

Thanks!!
YES it FINALLY works now too here, with the new manifest!

After comparing the version, it looks like the problem was just the non-matching locales-lines inside it with the locales-folders: Old version did have a locales/de folder, but no locales-de manifest line...

Ah no, nonsense, after more tests the fix was the move of the plugin from browser/extensions/...xpi/plugins to browser/plugins!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 11:15PM by siria.

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: September 25, 2015 04:27AM

rodocop
George,

please, pack your working extension into archive and post here like I did.

I tried both addons with all your edits suggested but IEtab2 works with severe glitches and IEtab 4.0 doesn't work at all.

I was able to make it work when I changed the macro and put the plugin in thw plugins folder.

I was able to make it work and it was already uploaded to the forum IE Tab 4.0.20130422 Firefox Extension for K-Meleon 74/75 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131485

The files i uploaded below were uploaded.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=985,filename=ie_tab-4.0.2013042.zip

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=1176,filename=ie_tab-4.0.2013042.1-signed.zip

Also it works when "Set Firefox extension i9nstall" and CheckCompatibilty Extension is enabled without editing inslall.rdf

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.