Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
CookieKeeper Latest Version for K-Meleon 74/75
Posted by: George_Hall
Date: January 06, 2015 07:47PM

The latest unsigned version of CookieKeeper 1.8.5 https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/481410/cookiekeeper-1.8.5-sm+tb+fx.xpi creates a file called cookiekeeper.json which keeps a list of protected Cookies.

Even if file the cookies.sqlite is deleted or K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Mleeon 75.0 Beta 1 deletes cookies at startup and shutsown.

CookieKeeper 1.8.5 https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/481410/cookiekeeper-1.8.5-sm+tb+fx.xpi should renamed to cookiekeeper@cookiekeeper.mozdev.org.xpi and copied to the exeensions folder.

The CookieKeeper Macro http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=950,filename=cookiekeeper.kmm from The CookieKeeper 1.7.4 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131168 by guenter should be copied to the macros folder.

Re: List with Links to Firefox Addons that work for 74/75
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131158,131275#msg-131275

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 07:54AM by George_Hall.

Attachments: CookieKeeper.zip (192.9 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CookieKeeper Latest Version for K-Meleon 74/75
Posted by: George_Hall
Date: May 30, 2015 07:56AM

George_Hall
The latest unsigned version of CookieKeeper 1.8.5 https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/481410/cookiekeeper-1.8.5-sm+tb+fx.xpi creates a file called cookiekeeper.json which keeps a list of protected Cookies.

Even if file the cookies.sqlite is deleted or K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Mleeon 75.0 Beta 1 deletes cookies at startup and shutsown.

CookieKeeper 1.8.5 https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/481410/cookiekeeper-1.8.5-sm+tb+fx.xpi should renamed to cookiekeeper@cookiekeeper.mozdev.org.xpi and copied to the exeensions folder.

The CookieKeeper Macro http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=950,filename=cookiekeeper.kmm from The CookieKeeper 1.7.4 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131168 by guenter should be copied to the macros folder.

Re: List with Links to Firefox Addons that work for 74/75
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131158,131275#msg-131275

The CookieKeeper 1.8.5 Firefox Extension was just updated to a signed version.

CookieKeeper 1.8.5.1 signed https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/421478/click_to_play_manager-1.3.1-fx+an+fn+sm.xpi

Attachments: CookieKeeper.zip (205.7 KB)  
Re: CookieKeeper Latest Version for K-Meleon 74/75
Posted by: CookieKeeper
Date: April 07, 2016 01:50PM

Hi,

I have done a minimal effort to support K-Meleon with CookieKeeper 1.9.0.

Sadly, for some reason, restart-less add-ons are not fully supported, the shutdown() methods are not called.

A simple macro is needed in order to execute the CookieKeeper shutdown code when K-Meleon exit. See "About this add-on" on https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/

The current way to execute the shut-down code is ... clumsy.
If you have a better way to do it, I will gladly take your advice.

Actually, when CookieKeeper is started, and detect it runs on K-Meleon, a new boolean preference is created:"cookiekeeper.kmeleon.exit", set to "false".
A listener is created to know when this value is changed.

K-Meleon macros can know when K-Meleon exit, and change a preference. This macro simply set the value of "cookiekeeper.kmeleon.exit" to true. The shut-down code of CookieKeeper is then called, thanks to the listener.

Macro content:
runShutdown {
  togglepref(BOOL, "cookiekeeper.kmeleon.exit", true);
}

$OnQuit=$OnQuit."runShutdown;";

This macro is available inside the CookieKeeper xpi file.

Most, if not all, CookieKeeper functionalities should work. Please notify me via the support e-mail or by creating a launchpad bug if you see a bug.

Thank you.
Yvon - CookieKeeper add-on developper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 01:56PM by CookieKeeper.

Re: CookieKeeper addon for K-Meleon 74/75
Posted by: siria
Date: April 07, 2016 07:30PM

Hi - am absolutely DELIGHTED to see for the first time a FF-addon developer support KM!! grinning smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
(Yeah there may have been a little support in the far past too, but was many many years ago)
Thank you!

Now must admit I haven't checked the addon itself (my online machine is win98se), but as far as supporting little kmm-macros for menu or pref-toggling would be glad to help.

For example no idea if you're aware that macros can inject JS? Or if it helps anything, just as syntax example:

cookiekeeper_xy{
$_code="(function(){var ....;})();";
injectJS($_code);
}

What's strongly recommanded is using individual module names, starting with the addon name, to avoid accidental mixups. E.g. "cookiekeeper_runShutdown". But lots of KM macros ignore that rule too.

Brandnew: in the latest KM-version 76beta3 it seems now possible to have a kmm directly inside an xpi. Dorian included one in the out-of-box RSS addon, which can serve as example.
Must admit personally don't know anything about it yet, being on one hand on win98 and on the other love to have my kmm's editable and separate in the macros folder, so not much interested. But normal users will sure prefer addons as a single, solid xpi block.

Important: to install (and run??) xpi-addons the users must add this pref manually (unless changed in latest versions?):
kmeleon.install_firefox_extension = TRUE
Have read this is tricky, because to run pure KM-xpi-addons this pref must be FALSE again?? Don't understand this really, others know better...

And wondering, did you see the already existing macro in the posts above...? Haven't tested, but from the text inside it seems to call a xul page, creates the menu and a button etc. Am a bit confused there are now two macros, which probably should be combined, but anyway. Renamed yours to avoid collisions, added a menuline, and my usual info-lines (just suggestion, no macro laws in KM). See attachment to this post. Just can't resist playing ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 07:34PM by siria.

Attachments: cookiekeeperY.kmm (1.4 KB)  
Date: April 07, 2016 09:26PM

siria
For example no idea if you're aware that macros can inject JS? Or if it helps anything, just as syntax example:

cookiekeeper_xy{
$_code="(function(){var ....;})();";
injectJS($_code);
}
Yes, I have seen that, but I have absolute no idea how to do it inside an addon script.

siria
What's strongly recommanded is using individual module names, starting with the addon name, to avoid accidental mixups. E.g. "cookiekeeper_runShutdown". But lots of KM macros ignore that rule too.
Ha yes, just after publishing the add-on, I have seen this. I will change that in a future release.

siria
Brandnew: in the latest KM-version 76beta3 it seems now possible to have a kmm directly inside an xpi. Dorian included one in the out-of-box RSS addon, which can serve as example.
Glad to know. But for me, the better way would to simple have K-Meleon call the shutdown() method of restart-less addon.

siria
Must admit personally don't know anything about it yet, being on one hand on win98 and on the other love to have my kmm's editable and separate in the macros folder, so not much interested. But normal users will sure prefer addons as a single, solid xpi block.
Wow, still on Win98 !
can it still run on modern machine? Or can you still browse the web with a Pentium 166 or so ?

siria
Important: to install (and run??) xpi-addons the users must add this pref manually (unless changed in latest versions?):
kmeleon.install_firefox_extension = TRUE
Have read this is tricky, because to run pure KM-xpi-addons this pref must be FALSE again?? Don't understand this really, others know better...
I don't have this option on my installation (K-Meleon 75.1). I don't know. I didn't change anything like that anyway.

siria
And wondering, did you see the already existing macro in the posts above...? Haven't tested, but from the text inside it seems to call a xul page, creates the menu and a button etc. Am a bit confused there are now two macros, which probably should be combined, but anyway. Renamed yours to avoid collisions, added a menuline, and my usual info-lines (just suggestion, no macro laws in KM). See attachment to this post. Just can't resist playing ;-)
Yes I already have checked. In fact a K-Meleon user have ask me for the support. I hasn't aware of the existence of this browser. I mainly use GNU/Linux too. I turn on my Windows 1h / month or so...

Concerning the macros presented for previous CK version, if there is one installed, I recommend to remove it. The menu items are added via Javascript when the addon is started. The only thing needed for now, is to be able to detect when K-Meleon is shutdown.

I didn't spend lots of time for this support, it is actually not as good as The Firefox one for example. But good enough for a daily use.
I future version I will check for a better support. Stay tune ;-)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 07, 2016 09:56PM

Perhaps this old macro could be of some use. It sets up and provides a toggle for the pref about addons.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,128836,129054#msg-129054

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 08, 2016 01:14AM

First of all, thank You for supporting K-Meleon. AFAIR/K Only Your addon, Newsfox, Adblock+ and firefox addons done by K-Meleon users ever supported this project.

Screenshot: Cookiekeeper 1.9.1 started via about:addons with 76 b3 after automatic install via addon page and 1.8.2 hand installed with K-M74, started via bookmark of chrome://cookiekeeper/content/cookiekeeper.xul then its preferences button was used.

CookieKeeper
Wow, still on Win98 !
can it still run on modern machine? Or can you still browse the web with a Pentium 166 or so ?

98 (and ME) can run Athlon 1000, Pentium III 500 etc. (my old gaming machines!).

Hardware that has drivers for it or its driver model (unless the driver vendor excluded 98 by intent) will run enchantingly faster than with Win2000 or XP.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2016 01:38AM by guenter.

Attachments: cookikeeper.gif (114.6 KB)  
Re: windows98
Date: April 10, 2016 11:35PM

(Offtopic)
CookieKeeper
Wow, still on Win98 !

Oops... sorry, was just lazy typing, actually it's win98SE!
MS should have named it win99 :cool: That's halfway between win98-1 and XP, which makes a world of a difference! And this old notebook has 700MHz and 256MB.
But only 98SE can run kernelex (200kb tool to fool programs into thinking they were running on XP, mostly like a fake UA but also adding a bit more functions) And only with kernelex it's possible to run KM1.6 (gecko 1.9.1) and badly buggy 1.7alpha (1.9.2), which is also lightyears ahead of last version for first 98, KM1.5.4 (1.8.x)

KM1.6 used to do "almost" everything I really needed, admitted with lots of little workarounds (eg. toggle CSS off/on) and lots of wasted time. But youtube, amazon, ebay, all still worked fully for a long time, and could read Facebook timelines etc.. Only since the last 1-2years things are going really downhill. E.g. meanwhile youtube videos seem the only ones still running. And on most websites user comments are not accessible anymore (that stupid disqus hype). Facebook lets me now read only the last 5 articles or so, and need mobile view because the full one has gotten too resource hungry. What really bugs me is that lately amazon won't let me download mp3 files anymore, unless anyone knows a trick? Perhaps just some settings thing?? Whenever that orange circle thingee shows up, nothing works. And suspect KM1.6 to have some -luckily still rare- bug with some modern css command on rare pages, that kills page view 'flow' (or whatever) and requires a restart, grrrmpf. Same for some https bug in 1.6, perhaps some certificate missing or whatever, if that bug hits it requires a restart too for viewing at least other https-sites again. And not to mention that SSL3 poodle disaster, the few websites that stopped supporting it completely are just dead now for KM1.6/1.7. Sigh. But only 1-2 years ago things had been really okay.

Date: April 11, 2016 12:11AM

Sorry it took so long, but wanted to first try your addon in KM7X on my offline machine (used for testing my macros, has Vista nightmare system).

Finally got around to copy it over now. As usual by copying the xpi directly into the extensions folder and renaming it to the ID given in install.rdf

Had a look at the options window. Looks fine, except it's cropped right and bottom, as with lots of other programs on this machine. Vista, grmpf....
On the KM-tab am not sure if that "privacy mode" works in KM too...?

The most interesting question: are you sure it creates a menu?? Was really curious, because that would have been the first time of an addon-created menu entry in KM! smiling smiley But no, can't find anything in the Tools menu, not in KM75 nor KM76beta. Confused... Anyone else gets a menu without creation by kmm??

Also curious because you mentioned the addon runs without that infamous special pref (kmeleon.install_firefox_extension). Actually that's true, so you made KM thinking it is a genuine KM addon smiling smiley

There's just a general settings prob with addons in older KM75.x:
at least on my machine (no idea about others??) 75.X can only run 1 sort of addons simultanously, either only pure KM-addons OR pure FF-addons, and which one is determined by that pref at startup.
Meanwhile Dorian seems to have fixed that in KM76beta. It can now run both sorts at the same time - if that pref is set to true. If not, KM76 only runs genuine KM-addons - like yours smiling smiley

But in 75.X users have a prob when running mixed addons.

Unless I got this all wrong?? Am no expert on KM7X at all, just tried this again now. But never quite sure... and occasionally confused when others sound like that pref were not required for "running" addons, only for first installation... and keep forgetting that stuff quickly again too, always juggling with various KM-versions and their specialties, sigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 07:54PM by siria.

Date: April 11, 2016 01:10PM

siria
On the KM-tab am not sure if that "privacy mode" works in KM too...?
I don't really know. This is why the K-Meleon support is "initial" or "incomplete" right now.

siria
The most interesting question: are you sure it creates a menu?? Was really curious, because that would have been the first time of an addon-created menu entry in KM! smiling smiley But no, can't find anything in the Tools menu, not in KM75 nor KM76beta. Confused... Anyone else gets a menu without creation by kmm??
I used the JsbridgePlugin to have the menu.
I maybe forgot to mention this thing... I don't remember if it is activated by default. To be sure, go to Edit->Preferences -> "K-Meleon" plugins, and verify if the Js bridge is checked.
Sadly the jsbridge is very limited atm.

siria
Also curious because you mentioned the addon runs without that infamous special pref (kmeleon.install_firefox_extension). Actually that's true, so you made KM thinking it is a genuine KM addon smiling smiley
Maybe because in the "intall.rdf" file, I have declared the K-Meleon browser:
    <em:targetApplication>
      <!--  K-Meleon -->
      <Description>
        <em:id>{944df56f-c0ec-4d7b-94b6-f625c8cc96ea}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>75.0</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>76.*</em:maxVersion>
      </Description>
    </em:targetApplication>

You can see the changed made for the support here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vono22/cookiekeeper/trunk/revision/349?compare_revid=347

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 01:19PM by CookieKeeper.

Date: April 11, 2016 07:17PM

Oops... of course you're right, the menu is really there! And the jsbridge is enabled out-of-box.
Must have been blind, or somehow confused things too much while messing around with various installations/versions/prefs, oh well (am just a user who likes playing with simple macros, but JS and addons are in general over my head)

Anyway, looks fine now. Thank you for explaining, and especially for supporting KM! smiling smiley

PS: and also realized now that stuff about KM75.x not being able to run both sorts of addons simultaneously was also rubbish! It only depends from the FF target version given in install.rdf: Cookiekeeper wants min FF38, which is the engine in KM76, so that was the true reason why KM75 claims it incompatible. Quite logical and had nothing to do with any changes in KM76

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 07:52PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 13, 2019 10:08PM

Created new package with a pretty button and mass edit of russian locale inside xpi. Enjoy!

Attachments: cookiekeeper.7z (317 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.