Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Memory manager addon
Posted by: seryda
Date: February 04, 2015 02:36AM

I want to have an addon that can manage memory of browser that I can set a maximum memory RAM usage for K-meleon. In addition, if the memory reach the limit, it automactic restart browser and run the homepage.
I found the addon on firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/memory-restart/
I need your help.
Thank you so much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Memory manager addon
Posted by: despuit
Date: February 04, 2015 03:19AM

hey buddy, was in a similar banana boat as I find memory will rack up quick. http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm CTRL+F restart just keep an eye on it yourself or do it every hour or when you have an off time and it will resume exactky where you left off only at rest memory having it restart for you may be a bit of pain if you're in the middle of something unless it generated dialouge box.

IF that is your thing you could still download that drop her in the folder and create a script to click that x/y portition of the screen and if in windows run dos output tasklist looking for image name and if matches look at memory and if value generate dialouge and if equal yes click xy cordinate in linux you can even assign a custom pid to images which is wicked

Re: Memory manager addon
Posted by: George_Hall
Date: February 04, 2015 04:59AM

NoScipt also can reduced the ammount of memory used by memory used by K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 75 without using the Memmory Manager Addon.

Becuase Global Scripts are not enabled automaticaaly so sessions wll use less memory loading if you enabled global scripts after the sessions are completley loaded. This means that each browser window or tab wll use less memmory.

Bucause the browser windows and tabs does not run any scrips ar flash videos unless are reloaded after enabling global scripts by toggling the NoScript Toogles to blue or "Allow Sscipts Globaly: is selected in NoScript undet teh Tools Menu.

Alao, I would load the sessions after the ther Browser is loaded because Adblock Plus doesn't block some websites are load which contain ads if seession is loaded automaticllay loaded. Some webSites are not blocked in Firefox by Adlock Plsu if the session is loaded automatically also.

I know for a fact that loading sessions automatically eats up alot meemory because my K-Meleon 74 browser crashed when loading sessions automatcally

But K-Meleon 74 did not crash when I loaded a session aftet K-meleon 74 had already loaed becuase AdBlock Plus blocked of the websites which prevented a browser crash in K-Meleon 74.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 05:00AM by George_Hall.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.