Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.7 for 75b3
Posted by: arngrim99
Date: August 21, 2015 08:52PM

thanks a lot

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Slickone
Date: September 05, 2015 09:46PM

I'm a bit confused by this thread. Where is the newest version I should use with KM 75.1? There doesn't seem to be any links in the first post, and the last links posted in the thread (to mega.co.nz) don't do anything.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 07, 2015 08:26AM

The only ABP ready for KM 75.1 (beta) is one built in K-Meleon 75 Pro.

Separate package will be available later for 75.1RC or 75.1 final. Sorry for no time to update frequently.

Date: September 07, 2015 05:52PM

OK thanks. They should mention that here:
https://adblockplus.org/kmeleon

Date: September 07, 2015 10:21PM

They shouldn't.

This is very unofficial assembly of ABP. But maybe Wladimir Palant would recall his intention to produce new official ABP for KM when our browser will reach stable release phase.

We did it. His turn now.

ABP 2.6.10 for KM75.1
Date: September 23, 2015 04:27PM

ABP 2.6.10 for KM75.1 (all versions including Pro)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 12:36AM by rodocop.

Date: September 25, 2015 01:22PM

Wonderful!

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: September 28, 2015 01:02AM

Adblock Plus fails when change the language to Chinese and never get right even back to English until deleting the zh- local files.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 28, 2015 10:09AM
Date: September 28, 2015 02:20PM

When I installed this, it wanted to overwrite omni.ja with a version that was half the size. Should I?

Also does anyone have the link handy for the easylist+easyprivacy sub? For some reason I can't find it anymore. Also I think ABP comes by default with it now.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 28, 2015 06:12PM

Slickone
When I installed this, it wanted to overwrite omni.ja with a version that was half the size. Should I?

No... not if it means overwrite and lose the old one completely :cool:
I'd be extremely careful with such important core-parts of the browser.
But it's easy, just make a BACKUP copy of the original first, afterwards you can experiment freely without any worries.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Date: September 28, 2015 06:22PM

this omni.ja is just repacked for new size. Look inside with zip-archiver and you'll see.

This is the only way to add AdBlock Plus full functionality to KM for now.
Or we should not to use omni.ja - like in KM76a.

Easylist subscriptions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 06:24PM by rodocop.

Date: September 29, 2015 02:04PM

So then I should overwrite omni.ja? ABP seems to be working fine with KM's original file. What would not work?

I know where the subscriptions are, but don't see one for "Easylist+Easyprivacy", as one subscription. I've installed it before manually, and I'm pretty sure it now comes with ABP that way by default.

Date: September 29, 2015 04:42PM

New omni.ja contains advanced functionality for ABP like listing page elements for creating new filters and switching ABP off only for current site.

Also this omni.ja contains PageInfo module and some additions for Preferences panel.

No risk of harm as all the official stuff is still there and only new one added.

Date: September 29, 2015 06:07PM

KM gets developed so fast recently (YAY!), with new versions every few weeks - do really all those versions contain an identic omni.ja..?

What I'd do is to rename the modified one in the extension-7z into "omni_ja" and add a little readme-file, telling people to rename their original as backup, then activate the new one by renaming it with a dot again. Also explaining the bonus features of course.
That way people would be aware what they are doing and don't risk to accidentally break something without any possibility to restore it. Renaming two files shouldn't be such an impossible feat especially for KM-users :cool:

Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016

Date: September 29, 2015 09:52PM

There is nothing sacred in omni.ja ;-)

This is just a container form for chrome part of browser instead JARs, XPIs and plain folder structure.

And my stuff is always faced towards the unexperienced users, newcomers to KM as I think about my way in KM-world being the way of evangelist, who attracts more and more users to our family.

These users want to get things free and easy without much of mind ;-)

And power users always can ask and receive my answer here.

But you're right, siria - I should add readme-file with all the bonus descriptions.

Date: September 29, 2015 10:55PM

Of course I understand about keeping things as "easy" as possible. Am always trying the same smiling smiley

But omni.ja contains over 400 important core files. And at least between KM75.1RC and KM75.1RC_upd1 Dorian fixed something inside, or he wouldn't have it included in the incremental update.

The prob is that you can't prevent that clueless people will some day install ABP into a KM version that doesn't match exactly the same version. So there will be accidents and then the fixing will be 100x more troublesome for them as if they had a backup. Provided they even realize that it's an extension that caused some bug in their browser.

I wouldn't go down the way that Firefox did, in the name of protecting the most clueless newbies creating higher and higher barriers and traps for normal users. But serving one side doesn't mean having to automatically exclude the other, they could easily both be served. There should be some balance.
I mean, if reading a little readme and renaming two files manually for important reasons, if that's already too hard for users, then they won't become happy with a special browser like KM anyway ;-)

And even advanced people who care about their computers and are not 100% clueless, but being forced to first join a forum to ask basic questions about a tool, just because it comes with none or hardly any description, THAT barrier is way too high in most cases. Personally I almost never do, instead I just give up and try to find more user-friendly tools.
Oh well, guess we're just ticking a bit differently there ;-)

Date: September 29, 2015 11:39PM

Well,
when trying to make the package for this ABP I got deep into omni.ja and now I can responsively say that I do know the contetns of this file just as well as Dorian.

And not me but the KM-architecture itself doesn't give us another way to add current adaptation of ABP (made by naruman in 74+1) except some omni.ja 'hacking'.

Moreover, it were also mine additions to kmprefs what was accepted by Dorian and added to latter 75.1 assemblies ;-) So I do know what is really happening in omni.ja. Just trust me like newbies do

And surely, all the latest ABP packages were directly associated with certain versions of KM when published here in thread. Just to prevent any misuse.

But the readme-file is really missed thing here.

Date: September 30, 2015 09:31AM

Yes a readme helps a lot smiling smiley

I certainly do trust you, and especially your best intentions and knowing a LOT more than myself about non-macro stuff. And sure, in special cases changing core files may be necessary, but mistakes happen to all of us. Even to Dorian, and just last week 2x in a row to myself, too embarassing... And with installations there are also other factors and people involved (e.g. imagine a user installs a 2nd extension that silently exchanges omni.ja, this would break ABP, then he may uninstall #2 again, but ABP still broken -> user=lost, no idea what happened). So in my opinion a little control and backups can never harm - if it is possible. In general, blind trust is often necessary yes, but if it becomes a #1 requirement and a bit caution considered as distrust, it starts getting a bit too religious for me ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 10:07AM by siria.

Date: September 30, 2015 03:00PM

Somehow something so simple as renaming the file and reinstalling ABP caused many issues. At one point somehow I had two copies of omni.ja in the main KM folder (not the one in /browser) because 7-zip couldn't delete it because I forgot to run it as an admin. I didn't even think you could have two files with the same name. Both had exact same size and date. I manually deleted one.

I ended up reinstalling KM but still had problems:

First, I couldn't go to any website.

Then the next time I would get an error in German(?) about a file in my Temp folder. (...AppData\Local\Temp\JuJ_nKWC.htm.part konnte nicht gespeichert werden, weil die QUelldatei nicht gelesen werden konnte.
Versuchen Sie es spater erneut oder kontaktieren Sie den Server-Adminstrator.)

Then next KM would crash when I go to options.

Finally after multiple reinstalls of KM and then ABP, KM is working again, but ABP is no longer visible on the toolbar. And I have Addblock Plus listed twice under Tools.

Also, what if I want to uninstall ABP? Would you consider creating an uninstaller or at least some directions on which files in your readme?

Date: September 30, 2015 06:23PM

All your problems are grown from your certain config-related issues and maybe some glitches during the file operations.

I always recommend to use KM as portable browser where any problems with file layout are solvable as easy as delete and replace files from the original archived assembly.

What about ABP - this couldn't be handled even by the KM Extensions Manager as it cannot handle overwritten files while uninstalling extension.

But I should look into some old extensions that were able to create automatic copy of original files replaced during installation. May be it would be useful (not for me and power users as we always can look into extension package to see what files were added by the extension - and also take replaced ones from original KM-distro).

Date: September 30, 2015 08:40PM

To get ABP working now, should I delete all ABP files and reinstall?

I can look at the extension package too to see what files were installed, but it's tedious and time consuming trying to do so inside of 7-zips GUI, considering there are several subfolders. Also I then have to remember which files I made copies of, to rename back to originals. A readme would tell me this.
I can also run a marathon, but don't want to. smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2015 09:30PM

Slickone,
I do not know your current file layout in KM installation, so I cannot say exactly.

Doubled ABP in menu could be only if you have ABP macro both in rootfolder\macros and in profile\macros - I think so. Or it should be some glitch unknown for me.

So the only thing I can advice here: try new fresh portable install, unpack ABP into it and create new profile. Should definitely work.

The only crucial files during installation are
- macros\AdBlockPlus7.kmm - is added
- browser\extensions\{d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi - is added
- browser\omni.ja - overrides default one

Also there is folder with default light ABP-subscription browser\defaults\profile\adblockplus\*.*

All except omni.ja should be deleted for uninstall. Omni.ja should be taken back from official package. That's all your marathon for deinstallation. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 09:30PM by rodocop.

Posted by: slur
Date: October 02, 2015 02:39AM

Newbie macro question here

How can I set a hotkey for 'filter preferences'?

I tried adding
setaccel("CTRL SHIFT F","macros(ABP7_Filters)");
in _ABP7_BuildMenu but was unsuccessful

Date: October 02, 2015 10:52AM

Looks good to me.
Perhaps other macros interfere?
By setting the same shortcut, or by adding the same modulname?
Perhaps even anything native, perhaps via an extension?
Does Tools>Errorconsole say anything? when enabling "ALL" errors?
Does it work when choosing another shortcut?
Does it work when manually copying the URL that this command calls into the urlbar?
Does a test alert show up if you insert it into this module, near its beginning? alert("","test abp");

Date: October 02, 2015 04:47PM

Hmmm...
works for me...

What about to add in accel.cfg
CTRL SHIFT F = macros(ABP7_Filters)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 04:50PM by rodocop.

Posted by: slur
Date: October 03, 2015 05:09AM

Geez

working fine now

it was just being overridden by AutoHotkey¬_¬

Thanks for your advice guyz

Date: October 03, 2015 03:39PM

Just to follow up on my issue from Oct 1st, I simply had a duplicate of the kmm file, which was autorenamed to AdBlockPlus7_1.kmm.

FYI I wasn't saying that uninistalling ABP was a marathon. It was just a bad analogy.

Also, the sub. for EasyPrivacy+EasyList is at:
https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions
It's only listed under the EasyPrivacy section.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2015 03:43PM by Slickone.

Posted by: bjakja
Date: November 04, 2015 05:22PM

Is there adblock working with K-meleon 76 Beta? By working I mean not only toggled button but showing properties and blocking unwanted windows. For me every adblock I tested not work at all. Can anyone write some instruction for newbie how make it work on v 76 beta or even 75b3.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.