Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.7 for 75b3
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 04, 2015 05:44PM

Here in thread are given only fully working packages of AdBlock.

The only trick is to use them with that KM-version what is mentioned.
For example, last ABP build works with any 75.1 build (betas, RC, final or Pro)

Just unpack the archive into working KM folder (overriding existing files) - and you'll get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 04, 2015 05:47PM

And KM76 has inbuilt basic AdBlock described here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 05:48PM by rodocop.

Posted by: bjakja
Date: November 04, 2015 07:11PM

Thanks for reply. For now I will try inbuild adblock with some of my locale sites. I have question about unwanted images with ads, it also is blocked or not? CSS adblock block them, but block also some images that I don't want to be blocked.

EDIT: After a few days of testing inbuild adblock (after add my locale) working good, blocking most of unwanted images and almost all popup windows. The best result on K-meleon I got.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 10:06AM by bjakja.

Posted by: Slickone
Date: November 30, 2015 01:45AM

Will you be updating ABP to work with KM76? I installed KM76.1b and it found the plugin, is enabled, but it's not blocking.

BTW, what's the best way to check the ABP version since there's no addons page? Mine is 2.6.10 but I only know because I still have the 7z file.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 30, 2015 01:03PM

Slickone
Will you be updating ABP to work with KM76? I installed KM76.1b and it found the plugin, is enabled, but it's not blocking.

I do not have any information on Adblock Plus. I know that the KM76 both beta 1 and beta 2 have a native adblock plugin. It is not the same thing. It is not an addon. I have created a macro to control the basic adblock. It can be found in the last post of this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,135175

Date: November 30, 2015 06:30PM

Sorry, but existing 'hack' (made by naruman and used in my ABP-packages) doesn't work for KM76.

To get fully working ABP we need wait for:
a) naruman coming back
or
b) Wladimir Palant's agreement to create new 'official' ABP-package for KM76

I've wrote the PM to Wladimir today, but I'm not sure he'll answer 'yes'...

Date: December 05, 2015 05:50PM

What all files should I remove if uninstalling the ABP plugin?

Date: December 07, 2015 12:34AM

Look inside the corresponding package and remove all files placed there.

Then place back browser\omni.ja from corresponding official distro.

Date: December 07, 2015 12:49AM

Yeah I just figured maybe you already had this info as a list that you could copy and paste, saving me from dozens of clicks through all the mutli nested folders of the addon to figure out what to delete. Most devs put this info in the readme file.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 04:38AM by Slickone.

Date: December 07, 2015 01:06AM

Just kill [
b]omni.ja[/b] in browser folder,
ABP7 in macros
and
adblockplus folder under your profile.

Then open about:addons page, switch AdBlockPlus extension off and close KM. Go to browser\extensions and kill {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi

NB! As you have updated your browser to 76 - you don't need to replace omni.ja. There is no browser\omni.ja in 76...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 01:08AM by rodocop.

Date: December 07, 2015 04:42AM

There's more to it than that. Why not delete it all? Many users like to delete anything not used.

Date: December 07, 2015 10:58AM

Well - do it! ;-)

All the rest is the ru-locale, that you can delete at all, and ABP-button in shared skins - it could be used later for other adblocking stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 12:24PM by rodocop.

Date: March 06, 2016 11:18PM

Updates:

AdBlock Plus 2.6.11 for KM 75.1 (Last release supporting Gecko 31)

AdBlock Plus 2.7.3 for KM 76 (no GUI to block page items, sorry)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 07:54PM by rodocop.

Date: March 16, 2016 11:14AM

Extension packages in the post above have got an important usability update:

now AdBlock autoadds its default light subscription even to profiles created prior to AdBlock installation.
Earlier you had to copy 'adblockplus' folder from defaults to existing profiles.

Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2016 11:16AM by rodocop.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 17, 2016 01:18AM

rodocop
Extension packages in the post above have got an important usability update:

now AdBlock autoadds its default light subscription even to profiles created prior to AdBlock installation.
Earlier you had to copy 'adblockplus' folder from defaults to existing profiles.

Enjoy!

thanks! after copy and paste new ones,need to delete the old adp kmm file if the names are not the same.

Date: March 17, 2016 05:12AM

Thank you!
I should think about autodeletion option for old kmm. It seems not to be too difficult now ;-)

Posted by: siria
Date: March 17, 2016 08:30AM

Please rather rename the .kmm ending instead of delete whole file, that disables it too.
There are users who may modify kmm files, more or less, and if only scribble notes inside. I did that long before I had a clue of macrolanguage, just little things like changing a hardcoded path or something.

Date: March 17, 2016 12:37PM

There are no any deletion inside the kmm-file - I just added some new macros to handle existing profiles.

All the old stuff is still there.

Posted by: anontemp123
Date: April 16, 2016 10:40PM

First, thanks for the simple installation package. I have installed it under both a regular installation and the PortableApps.com release.

Does ABP significantly increase the memory footprint? I have been comparing the memory usage under Task Manager for Firefox and KM for a couple days. It seems since I installed ABP, KM is now the same as Firefox. (Although I understand the mem usage under Task Manager is not the whole story.)

Date: April 16, 2016 11:20PM

It depends on the subscription used.

Default so called 'light sub' doesn't lead to RAM usage increase. Moreover - it's supposed to decrease RAM usage as it blocks relatively much ads with minimal set of filters.

But when you install regular ABP Easylist subs - RAM may go up rapidly.

Date: April 17, 2016 12:10AM

Is it safe to "uninstall" by just renaming the ".kmm" extension? Or should I restore all the files that were overwritten?

Date: April 17, 2016 12:31AM

It's safe. You are not forced to but you can restore.

If you really want to uninstall ABP finally and irrevocably - I recommend delete the macro and uninstall the addon through Addons manager (about:addons page).
Than delete the adblockplus folder from your profile.
Also you may restore browser\omni.ja from official package but I see no real reason to do this.

If you want just temporary switch ABP off - do it from about:addons (just like in FF). And don't bother with macro renaming - just uncheck 'adblockplus' in the list under Preferences -> K-Meleon Plugins -> Macro Extensions

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 12:32AM by rodocop.

Date: April 17, 2016 05:18PM

anontemp123
Is it safe to "uninstall" by just renaming the ".kmm" extension? Or should I restore all the files that were overwritten?

Just to make this very clear, because it's important:
FF-addons (*.xpi in extensions folder, doing the real action) and KM-macros (*.kmm in macros folder, creating menulines, buttons, shortcuts) are not aware of each other. Usually they are completely independant, so both should be disabled separately.

Yes renaming can also be used to disable a kmm file, but have noticed long ago that they must NOT have a dot anymore before the "kmm", or are still active! Not quite sure about newer KM-versions, but don't expect this to be changed.

Date: April 17, 2016 09:21PM

Thanks. Actually hadn't considered that the size of the list filter list could make such a difference. I looked at my Firefox and only have EasyList enabled there, so I enabled only EasyList under KM and now have better performance.

Date: April 17, 2016 10:13PM

Being precise, the most RAM-hungry part of ABP filter list are css-rules of element hiding.

So one 'lightweight strategy' is to delete all of element hiding rules. But it's not easy with ready subs as they are updated again and again.

As I can see, the new Dorian's inbuilt adblock kplugin is lightweight exactly due to the absense of support for css element hiding...

Date: April 18, 2016 05:00PM

rodocop
As I can see, the new Dorian's inbuilt adblock kplugin is lightweight exactly due to the absense of support for css element hiding...

Is this also true for KM 76's built-in adblock plugin?

Date: April 18, 2016 08:06PM

anontemp123

Yes, sure.

Posted by: foliator
Date: August 23, 2016 04:06PM

@rodocop:

I have Adblock Plus 2.6.7 running successfully in the release version of KM 75. There is one thing I'm not clear about, however: I have "Count filter hits" enabled. In the past I've used ABP in Firefox, and the hit numbers appeared on the toolbar beneath the ABP button. This is not the case in KM, perhaps not even possible, so where can one see these counts?

By the way, I stopped using ABP in Firefox because it made the browser very slow to launch. In KM this doesn't happen at all; the launch time is just as fast.

---
Gerry

Date: August 23, 2016 09:18PM

rodocop
anontemp123
rodocop
Yes, sure.

Have overlooked that, but better late then never ;-)
My impression was always that the new "simple adblock plugin" is working additionally to the traditional css-adblocking. The user profiles still contain the file "adblock.css" in chrome folder. It used to be switchable in Tools>Privacy>Block Advertising or in F2>Content Filters.
Perhaps it would even interfere if 2 different tools would use css-adblocking at the same time, but just a thought smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 09:19PM by siria.

Date: October 22, 2016 12:30AM

AdBlock Plus for KM 76 updated to latest v.2.7.3

Better default patterns (antiadblock sub added to previous 'light' sub).

NB!
If you want to update previous version of ABP for KM76 - remove file
macros\AdBlockPlus7.kmm manually first!

(thanks to panzer and his note)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 04:48PM by rodocop.

Attachments: ABP2.7.3_km76.7z (464.3 KB)  
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.