Extensions :  K-Meleon Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.7 for 75b3
Posted by: panzer
Date: October 25, 2016 08:07AM

If you have a version ABP2.6.11_km75.1 of Adblock installed, then you have to delete a AdBlockPlus7.kmm file first, as it doesn't have the same name as AdBlockPlus76.kmm from this version. Then unzip the file.

Otherwise, the file wont get overwritten and Adblock wont work anymore (tolbar icon is gone).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 08:08AM by panzer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 25, 2016 04:44PM

thank you, panzer, for this remark.

Yes, I decide to rename kmm-file to differ it from the kmm for v.75

Latest Release KM75.1 Latest dev KM76RC ||| Visit The K-Meleon Place and join me there!
Old good stuff: KM-1.6db+NS © dugbugoffice // KM-16-S2014 © Fred // KM-1.6beta2.6 © JamesD // KM Twin+ © rodocop // KM 1.8.24.22 © adodupan

RECOMMENDED! K-Meleon 76 Pro ==» Download portable: 7zip or EXE =//= Discuss on forum
K-Meleon 75.1 Pro: Download =//= Discuss || Portable Flash plugin (x86/x64 DLLs)

Date: October 31, 2017 03:56PM

Just publishing a little update (made some time ago)

ABP 2.8.2 for KM 76 (already preinstalled in KM 76 Pro)

Latest Release KM75.1 Latest dev KM76RC ||| Visit The K-Meleon Place and join me there!
Old good stuff: KM-1.6db+NS © dugbugoffice // KM-16-S2014 © Fred // KM-1.6beta2.6 © JamesD // KM Twin+ © rodocop // KM 1.8.24.22 © adodupan

RECOMMENDED! K-Meleon 76 Pro ==» Download portable: 7zip or EXE =//= Discuss on forum
K-Meleon 75.1 Pro: Download =//= Discuss || Portable Flash plugin (x86/x64 DLLs)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 03:57PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Niceeight
Date: December 09, 2017 02:47PM

rodocop

Hello. I use KM76 Pro and when I click on filter preferences with right click on adblock icon I receive this error:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 25, Column 1:

<dialog
^

I tried use ABP2.6.7. but there is similar error. Do you know something about it?
Thanks in advance.

Date: December 09, 2017 10:54PM

What is language used?

P.S. This error usually occurs when locale files do not correspond with content (XUL) files.

But I have no glue how could you fall into such a conflict using packaged xpi-extension...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 11:58PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Niceeight
Date: December 10, 2017 03:58PM

Yes, true. I try change the language and work it.
I try translate K-Meleon in italian ( I think this is the problem for adblock) but I will open a new post because I need the help. If you can pass by ...
See you.

Posted by: callahan
Date: December 29, 2017 09:59AM

rodocop - I have a question ... or two, probably more with your post from 31 Oct.

Date: October 31, 2017 10:56PM

-------------------------------

I downloaded your version to add to the KM 76 version by roytam1. Everything seems to have installed OK. However, I don't think or know if ABP is really working. First of all, when is it turned on? In the top toolbar I see the little ABP icon or tab ... which is gray (no color) but turns red when I put the cursor on it or press on the ABP button.

It stays red ... ABP should now be active or working, am I correct? If so, I do not notice any changes when I go to various web pages ... with the ABP on or off.

I found some test pages in Google but nothing changes either way.

Am I missing another step or something? Thanks for your help. This is the 'light version' that you made for your KM76 Pro version, if I understand this correctly?

It should work OK in the version by roytam1 ???

ABP test pages:

https://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=how+to+test+adblock&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 10:03AM by callahan.

Date: December 29, 2017 11:43AM

After doing the same I definitely SEE the difference with ABP and without it.

But remember that default 'light sub' cannot block all the ads.

Posted by: callahan
Date: December 29, 2017 02:29PM

Well I still see no difference anywhere. What version are you using ... your own KM76 Pro or the newer roytami version?

I have nothing showing up in 'about:addons'.

Is Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.50.5 necessary for this to work? I can't get it to fully activate ... is says 'Ask to Activate' ... 'Always Activate' is greyed out.

Give me a good working link to one of the test pages that you said do work with ASP. I tried many test pages and nothing looks different.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 02:33PM by callahan.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 29, 2017 02:50PM

callahan
I have nothing showing up in 'about:addons'

If an XPI-ADDON doesn't show up there, then it is NOT installed.

My guess: you've only installed the additional KM-macro, which creates a menu and button?
But the function itself must be executed by the addon.
(didn't check: does the macro contain a check if the extension is enabled? Does KM automatically delete extension prefs if they are not found anymore, but the "true" pref was contained in prefs.js??)

Date: January 05, 2018 11:39PM

callahan
Well I still see no difference anywhere. What version are you using ... your own KM76 Pro or the newer roytami version?

I have nothing showing up in 'about:addons'.

Is Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.50.5 necessary for this to work? I can't get it to fully activate ... is says 'Ask to Activate' ... 'Always Activate' is greyed out.

Give me a good working link to one of the test pages that you said do work with ASP. I tried many test pages and nothing looks different.

1) How did you manage with adding ABP? I've unpacked the archive given here in thread in brand new KM-Goanna - and got working ABP on all your test pages and my ones!
Surely, it should be present in about:addons after adding and KM restart.

2) set the pref extensions.blocklist.enabled to false to get your plugins working in 'Always activate' mode

Posted by: Raymeleon
Date: May 05, 2018 10:44PM

foliator
@rodocop:

I have Adblock Plus 2.6.7 running successfully in the release version of KM 75. There is one thing I'm not clear about, however: I have "Count filter hits" enabled. In the past I've used ABP in Firefox, and the hit numbers appeared on the toolbar beneath the ABP button. This is not the case in KM, perhaps not even possible, so where can one see these counts?

By the way, I stopped using ABP in Firefox because it made the browser very slow to launch. In KM this doesn't happen at all; the launch time is just as fast.
I'm testing this macro with Adblock Latitude on KM Goanna and I'm wondering the same thing.

Would it be possible to view the "Count filter hits" feature from ABP? This is quite handy when writing custom filter lists.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.