Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
option to copy multiple selected links
Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: August 15, 2015 03:58PM

Often I am in need to copy more than links (URLs) from a page. That is, to select multiple links , right click and copy links, to paste in some test file.
Currently there is no such option in K-Meleon, if I select multiple links and right click > copy link URL, only the first line or the link is get copied.
Is there a macro or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: option to copy multiple selected links
Posted by: siria
Date: August 15, 2015 05:23PM

UPDATE
Here's a working macro, slightly belated... A major bugfix and overhaul of James second macro below (link2clipb), which was based on the bookmarklet Dorian posted below, but had copy errors due to the forum suppressing all the original [ i ] in the code!

It's now link2clip version-2, and got a menu line, and an option to create the list with or without additional link NAMES.
And it shows the list after creation in a popup prompt, not just silently in the clipboard. This prompt is also a workaround for ancient KM1.5.4 and 74 which cannot put the list into clipboard automatically by JS. But users can always copy huge text blocks from this input field :-)
The keyboard shortcut is NOT added by default anymore, only prepared if anyone wants it.
There are a few more customizing options for users in the code directly, marked with **USERCONFIG**, but those will only work after restarts.

Attention Windows98:
the system silently crops those javascript prompt fields at max 32kB size.
And Win98 even crashes the browser if putting more than 160.000 characters into such an input (here rather "output") field. But win98 is amost non-existant today, and additionally such GIANT link lists either, so no real prob. If really someone needs it, help yourself by cropping the output in the prompt line, e.g. to linklist.substr(0,40000)

Installation: put the attached kmm-file into a macros folder and restart.
UN-installation: remove the file again, no traces left.

========= Original post long ago / IGNORE

Hm, can only think of more or less workarounds, but not marking several links at once, sorry.
Perhaps a little macro with an own shorcut or a menu that collects Link URLs one by one into a clipboard list (if setclipboard works again in newer KM versions). Something like Alt-Shift-Middleclick... click... click... click... and at the end you open your text tool and hit Ctrl-V (the most complicated task for this would be to decide for a shortcut ;-))
Or the macro could write the list into a new ini-file, but that has a structure with keys and a values. Or it could write it into a new tab (somewhere I made a macro that does this to show some help instructions, so could look up there how it works).

Or perhaps the native list for All links already helps anything? (View>Links). It could probably be extended to show also the URLs, not just the titles.

Which KM version are you using?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 02:52PM by siria.

Attachments: links2clip_screens.png (33.5 KB)   links2clip.kmm (4.7 KB)  
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 15, 2015 09:47PM

If I correctly understand the need, then this might help. This macro adds an option, "Add link to storage", to the LinkSave menu and to the Tools menu an option called "Send stored links to clipboard". With it, one can add any desired link URL to the list, one at a time, and then move the complete list to the clipboard so it can be pasted.

linkstore.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- linkstore.kmm
# ---------- Allow user to store link URLs and on demand copy the store to the clipboard 
#
# Version:   1.1  2015_08_15  JamesD  		
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_linkstore_Add {
macroinfo="Collect links in a list. When finished click menu Tools > Send stored links to clipboard"; 
$_linkstore_tempclip = getclipboard();
setclipboard( "" ); 
id(ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION);
$_linkstore_thislink = getclipboard();
$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $_linkstore_thislink ;
setclipboard( $_linkstore_tempclip ); 
}

_linkstore_Send {
setclipboard( $_linkstore_alllinks );
alert(getclipboard(), "Clipboard has:");
}

_linkstore_BuildMenu {
    $_linkstore_alllinks = "Selected links list" ;
	# add another option to LinkSave menu
	setmenu("LinkSave",macro,"Add Link to storage","_linkstore_Add", "&Save Link Target As...");
    # add another option to Tools menu
    setmenu("&Tools",macro,"Send stored links to clipboard","_linkstore_Send", "Misc");    
}   

## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
$OnInit=$OnInit."_linkstore_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."linkstore;";

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 11:43PM by JamesD.

Date: August 15, 2015 11:16PM

Yep, exactly my thought too smiling smiley

Just can't resist... This:

_linkstore_Add {
$_linkstore_tempclip = getclipboard();
setclipboard( "" );
id(ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION);
$_linkstore_thislink = getclipboard();
$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $_linkstore_thislink ;
setclipboard( $_linkstore_tempclip );
}

needs no unnecessary complications, just:

_linkstore_Add {
macroinfo="Collect links in a list. When finished click menu Tools > Send stored links to clipboard";
$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $LinkURL ;
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 11:20PM by siria.

Date: August 15, 2015 11:44PM

siria

I added that line. Thanks

Date: August 16, 2015 05:06AM

Yeah, but why not use $LinkURL for collecting, instead of all that clipboard juggling...?

For further improvement the send-macro could offer to reset the stored list and start a new one. The alert box is quite handy for this, just add yes-no-cancel buttons and a question like "Delete stored list now?"

And perhaps prepare a keyboard shortcut (keys free choice up to Wasi as requester :coolsmiling smiley. At least as a howto-note, for users to add themselves to accels.cfg:
# xxxx = macros(_linkstore_Add)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 09:13AM by siria.

Date: August 16, 2015 10:18AM

Because I simply did not think about it. Good suggestions. I will have a look at updating the macro.

Date: August 16, 2015 01:08PM

siria

Using $LinkURL and offering to clear the storage have been added. I am very unsure about keyboard shortcut keys. What would happen if they were used when not on a link? I did not include them.

Thank you for the excellent suggestions.

linkstore.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- Allow user to store link URLs and, on demand, copy the store to the clipboard 
#
# Version:   1.2  2015_08_16  JamesD  		
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_linkstore_Add {
$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $LinkURL  ;
}

_linkstore_Send {
alert(getclipboard(), "Clipboard has:");
$_linkstore_reset = confirm("Clear the stored links data now?", "Link Storage", YESNO, QUESTION ); 
$_linkstore_reset == "YES" ? $_linkstore_alllinks = "Selected links list" : 0;
}

_linkstore_BuildMenu {
    $_linkstore_alllinks = "Selected links list" ;
    setmenu("LinkSave",macro,"Add Link to storage","_linkstore_Add", "&Save Link Target As...");
    setmenu("&Tools",macro,"Send stored links to clipboard","_linkstore_Send", "Misc");    
}   

Date: August 16, 2015 02:22PM

JamesD
I am very unsure about keyboard shortcut keys. What would happen if they were used when not on a link? I did not include them.

Yep same prob here, that's why I want users to choose it themselves grinning smiley
But we can still tell them HOW to do it themselves, by at least adding a hint in the kmm (or even prepare a commented setaccel):

# Keyboard shortcut - HOWTO: choose your preferred keys and add a line to your accels.cfg, using this macro name:
# xxxxxx = macros(_linkstore_Add)

I still remember it took me an endless struggle years ago to just figure out which are the command names in macros! Long, long ago...

Well, and now I'd merge the alert box and the confirmation box into one, and shorten overwritable variables:

_linkstore_Send {
$_x=getclipboard();
$_x=confirm("Clipboard has ".$_x."\n\n-----------\nClear the stored list now?", "Link list copied / Reset list?", YESNO, QUESTION );
$_x== "YES" ? $_linkstore_alllinks = "selected links list: " : 0;
}

Date: August 16, 2015 05:00PM

siria

JamesD
I am very unsure about keyboard shortcut keys. What would happen if they were used when not on a link? I did not include them.

Yep same prob here, that's why I want users to choose it themselves grinning smiley
But we can still tell them HOW to do it themselves, by at least adding a hint in the kmm (or even prepare a commented setaccel):

My question is not about the user's choice of keys. It is what is in $LinkURL if the keys are pressed and the cursor is not on a link. The menu is only available if the cursor is on a link when the right click occurs.

I had completely forgotten that one can have multiple lines in the message argument of the confirm statement. Another good catch by you.

I tightened up the code a bit more and added one small visual appearance bit to the list title.

I wonder if WasiAzeem has been back to check on this?

linkstore.kmm

#
# ---------- Allow user to store link URLs and, on demand, copy the store to the clipboard 
#
# Version:   1.4  2015_08_16  JamesD  		

_linkstore_Add {
$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $LinkURL  ;
}

_linkstore_Send {
$_x=confirm("Clipboard has the ".getclipboard()."\n\n-----------\nClear the stored list now?", "Link list copied / Reset list?", YESNO, QUESTION );
$_x== "YES" ? $_linkstore_alllinks = "selected links list:\n" : 0;
}

_linkstore_BuildMenu {
    $_linkstore_alllinks = "Selected links list:\n" ;
}   

Date: August 16, 2015 05:38PM

JamesD
My question is not about the user's choice of keys. It is what is in $LinkURL if the keys are pressed and the cursor is not on a link.

It simply is empty. So this macro adds an empty line, which may later indicate to the user that something was wrong.
Another possibility would be to add a check to the macro: $LinkURL=="" ? alert(...)
Thinking about it, a possible check could also include to check for other error possibilities, like empty javascript links if JS is off etc (what whas it again that this usually shows in the statusbar?). Or looking at twitter com, the sign-on button changes the mouse cursor into the link symbol (hand), but there is no link at all...

Anyway, in my opinion a shortcut is just a lot faster for adding a dozen close neighbor links instead of needing the context menu each time and finding the correct line in it each time (my own context menus tend to be slightly extended :cool: grinning smiley)

(PS: I would have put getclipboard() directly into the confirmation too, but somewhere in the old macrolanguage wiki is a warning to be careful with certain commands directly inside modal window commands (alert/confirm etc.) due to some bug. It may not exist anymore or only affect certain commands, no idea, but since I can never remember the exact conditions, usually just stick to plain variables inside)

Date: August 16, 2015 09:24PM

OK, I have a control keyset included. I very seldom use them myself. That would require me to remember which keys to use, and at my age remembering is a chancy thing at best.

linkstore.kmm

#
#
# Version:   1.5  2015_08_16  JamesD  		

_linkstore_Add {
$LinkURL!=""?$_linkstore_alllinks = $_linkstore_alllinks."\n". $LinkURL : alert("No value for link.") ;
}

_linkstore_Send {
$_x=confirm("Clipboard has the ".getclipboard()."\n\n-----------\nClear the stored list now?", "Link list copied / Reset list?", YESNO, QUESTION );
$_x== "YES" ? $_linkstore_alllinks = "selected links list:\n" : 0;
}

_linkstore_BuildMenu {
    $_linkstore_alllinks = "Selected links list:\n" ;
    # set control keys
    setaccel( "SHIFT MButton", "macros(_linkstore_Add)" );     
}   

Date: August 16, 2015 09:40PM

Hm... alert has no title...

The shortcut is a misunderstanding, I never meant to *activate* it, only have a # line prepared as example! Or the above hint for accels.cfg in a comment line. Basically we fully agree that shortcuts are a bit prone to conflict with others.

Date: August 17, 2015 02:45AM

Thanks for such a quick and detailed replies. Just saw these and need to read all these, will come back very soon

Date: August 17, 2015 02:54AM

siria
Which KM version are you using?

KM 1.6 and KM 75 both, I am in a phase of switching to 75 from 1.6

Date: August 17, 2015 04:34AM

Many thanks. Versin 1.5 works and it is quite close to what I need, thanks.

Date: August 17, 2015 05:21PM

WasiAzeem

Glad we could help you. Thank you for your reply.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 18, 2015 07:37PM

Using some random bookmarklet, I've made this:

setclipboard(injectJS("(function(){var n_to_open,dl,dll,i,links=''; function linkIsSafe(u) { if (u.substr(0,7)=='mailto:') return false; if (u.substr(0,11)=='javascript:') return false; return true; } n_to_open = 0; dl = document.links; dll = dl.length; if (window.getSelection && window.getSelection().containsNode) { /* mozilla */ for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) { if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl, true) && linkIsSafe(dl.href)) ++n_to_open; } if (n_to_open) { for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl, true) && linkIsSafe(dl.href)) links+=dl.href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } if (!n_to_open) { for(i = 0; i < dll; ++i) { if (linkIsSafe(dl.href)) ++n_to_open; } if (!n_to_open) alert ('no links'); else { for (i = 0; i < dll; ++i) if (linkIsSafe(dl.href)) links+=dl.href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } return links;})()"));

It get links in the selection, or all links if no selection.

Date: August 19, 2015 12:16PM

OK, I admit that I am lost. Please find me.

What does this mean? This was for all links. I don't know how to select multiple links.
Wed Aug 19 2015 08:10:45
Error: TypeError: Argument 1 of Selection.containsNode does not implement interface Node.
Source file: kmeleon

Warning: clipboard string length = 0
Source file: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon751_beta\Profiles\s6e1rsk7.default\macros\links2clipb.kmm
Line: 12

links2clipb.kmm

#
# ---------- links2clipb.kmm
# ---------- Set all/selected links into clipboard 
# Version    0.8 2015_08_19 JamesD 		( Using Dorians injectJS() statement )

Linksclip {
setclipboard(injectJS("(function(){var n_to_open,dl,dll,i,links=''; function linkIsSafe(u) { if (u.substr(0,7)=='mailto:') return false; if (u.substr(0,11)=='javascript:') return false; return true; } n_to_open = 0; dl = document.links; dll = dl.length; if (window.getSelection && window.getSelection().containsNode) { /* mozilla */ for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) { if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl, true) && linkIsSafe(dl.href)) ++n_to_open; } if (n_to_open) { for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl, true) && linkIsSafe(dl.href)) links+=dl.href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } if (!n_to_open) { for(i = 0; i < dll; ++i) { if (linkIsSafe(dl.href)) ++n_to_open; } if (!n_to_open) alert ('no links'); else { for (i = 0; i < dll; ++i) if (linkIsSafe(dl.href)) links+=dl.href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } return links;})()"));
# test only
$_ll = length(getclipboard() ) ;
logmsg("clipboard string length = ". $_ll, warning); 
}

_link2clipb_SetAccels {
setaccel( "CTRL SHIFT L", "macros(Linksclip)" );   
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_link2clipb_SetAccels;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."link2clipb;";

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2015 12:18PM by JamesD.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 20, 2015 04:26PM

JamesD
What does this mean? This was for all links. I don't know how to select multiple links.

You don't select link. It only search for links in the selected text.

JamesD
Error: TypeError: Argument 1 of Selection.containsNode does not implement interface Node.

You get it all the time or on specific pages?

Date: August 20, 2015 05:30PM

Dorian
You don't select link. It only search for links in the selected text.

Thanks. Now I understand that.

Dorian

I just got the same messages for the area 'Home/News' through 'Development' at the top of this thread. So that is two times. Once with no selection and once with a selection.

Posted by: Wasi Azeem
Date: February 26, 2016 09:31AM

I love K-Meleon and I love you guys.smiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2020 05:52AM

Dorian
Using some random bookmarklet, I've made this:

It get links in the selection, or all links if no selection.

Dorian
JamesD

Just came across this randomly again, and wondered how that selection thing works in JS. But the code was too confusing, so started fiddling with it... as usual... oh well ;-) After awhile realized: the plain bookmarklet works if copied from a quote post, but the macro had a bug. Obviously the forum was culprit: it's eaten all [ i ] in the visible code! Only the posts 'source' code has the full original. Old prob, happened a couple times before, am meanwhile aware of that trick.
But couldn't stop there, wanted a visible output, and an option for names, and... (the usual again ;-)

Have now made an update of this second macro (links2clip):

The updated macro links2clip-v2 is now available above, on top of this page, in the second post. And more description about it. For example this output box can also be suppressed.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 13, 2020 01:40PM

siria
Obviously the forum was culprit: it's eaten all [ i ] in the visible code!

Thanks for this new unfixable Phorum nightmare to my dreams.

Thankfully, can be escaped any square bracket by adding a backslash [i] in the post edit or prior to posting [code]

setclipboard(injectJS("(function(){var n_to_open,dl,dll,i,links=''; function linkIsSafe(u) { if (u.substr(0,7)=='mailto:') return false; if (u.substr(0,11)=='javascript:') return false; return true; } n_to_open = 0; dl = document.links; dll = dl.length; if (window.getSelection && window.getSelection().containsNode) { /* mozilla */ for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) { if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl[i], true) && linkIsSafe(dl[i].href)) ++n_to_open; } if (n_to_open) { for(i=0; i<dll; ++i) if (window.getSelection().containsNode(dl[i], true) && linkIsSafe(dl[i].href)) links+=dl[i].href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } if (!n_to_open) { for(i = 0; i < dll; ++i) { if (linkIsSafe(dl[i].href)) ++n_to_open; } if (!n_to_open) alert ('no links'); else { for (i = 0; i < dll; ++i) if (linkIsSafe(dl[i].href)) links+=dl[i].href+\""."\\"."n"."\"; } } return links;})()"));

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 01:40PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 13, 2020 02:17PM

JohnHell
siria
Obviously the forum was culprit: it has eaten all [ i ] in the visible code!

Thanks for this new unfixable Phorum nightmare to my dreams.
Thankfully, can be escaped any square bracket by adding a backslash [i] in the post edit or prior to posting [code]

HA - great trick! Another just perfect solution, finally grinning smiley
But then again, this creates another catch: now the post's original code, as seen when hitting the "quote" button, is not original anymore and will be 'buggy' sad smiley

And the other 'almost perfect' workaround, to check "Disable BBcode" and "Disable Smileys" in the header above, does keep the original code original AND the visible output correct too.
But also has a killer catch : stuff like [quote] or [code] or smilies or text colors don't work either, and will show up literally sad smiley

Oh well, guess we'll have to consider in each single case which escape method to use. For my previous sentence here, your backslash method \[i] is just perfect, thanks. While for posting larger code blocks, they should probably be posted with the checkboxes above marked. Was aware of that before, but wanted to include the quotes, and was in a hurry. Next time may post such code blocks alone in a single post, and rest of talk in a second post.

(_howto_ HowTo post CODE in forum, escape square brackets, smilies and other bbcode syntax)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 02:27PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 13, 2020 03:57PM

Code blocks could be used escaped (after all, forum users shouldn't quote to copy, but copy directly the code block) and offer a file for download (those of us who can attach), even though it doubles the post size and wishing SourceForge keeps forgiving us for the space usage.

That is the reason it is a new Phorum script nightmare winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 03:58PM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.