Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Quick Note / HowTo xpi-addons in KM75?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 07, 2015 02:33AM

rodocop
James,
it's very strange you don't have this pref as it was exactly you who created xpinstallext.kmm surprised smiley
Like shоemaker without shоes

I don't know where I put that file. It is no longer on my computer. More than one year ago when I did that. I guess it has gone the same place as my memory.

I notice that the 'quicknote.ini' file in kmextensions is still being included. Is there still a working system which uses that for deleting an extension? The reason for asking is that I am thinking of including the pref in a file in browser\defaults\preferences. I will need to name the file. If it will be deleted when uninstalled, the name must be unique. If no system reads the ini for uninstall purposes then the name can always be 'ff_xpi_install.js'.

Note: I think the utils.dll plugin is still included even as we longer need that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: October 07, 2015 10:12AM

Am already in the middle of a major overhaul, because it has started haunting me with thoughts that keep flowing and flowing and... ;-) Nothing spectacular, just tiny updates and additions, pref-checks or code improvements.

And yes, the ini is already updated too. I'd keep the ini-systems, assuming that the uninstaller still works, but if not, it's still a familiar help for uninstalling manually.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 10:30AM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 07, 2015 07:44PM

James,
there is new KEM version on KMExt!
So ini-files should be retained...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 07:46PM by rodocop.

Re: QuickNote for KM75
Date: October 07, 2015 09:47PM

Sigh... big prob with a bad conflict:
If QuickNotes xul-editor is open, it doesn't realize if meanwhile the macro adds something too, no automatic or even just manual refresh possible. And when the xul-editor is closed and saved, it writes again its last version, even to ALL tabs, changed or not ==> other additions are lost sad smiley

Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 09:47PM by siria.

Date: October 07, 2015 11:47PM

I am confused. How do the prefs get set? I always have all zeros in the default. There must be a tab before one can set it to be used.

My only change was to add a js file to set the enable pref to true and minor changes to Quicknote.ini file.

When I click on the menu item in tools all I see is an empty xul window.

Date: October 08, 2015 05:21AM

That means this ominous pref is still false or non-existent.
Look into about:addons: QN will claim QN to be "incompatible"
All prefs are set by the xpi, it contains a long list of QN default prefs, visible after unzipping the xpi.
Except the pref paths for the txt-files, those it sets automatically too but only when first opening the xul-editor.

My updates (still in work and not published yet) are already taking care of such pref checks to help users.

The ini-files are merely for user information, but your js-file must either be wrong (typo? set to "false" intentionally? wrong path?), or you have that pref already set to "false" in your profile.
JS-files only create "default" values, but user config in prefs.js always has priority. Another possibility is that another macro or extension interferes, which wants that pref to be false.

Date: October 08, 2015 12:06PM

siria

Yes, the first letter of the "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension" was a capital 'K'. I just copied from your post earlier in this thread.

The pref is only required for installing the extension. I changed the value to false after the restart and quicknote did still function.

I added this file at browser\defaults\preferences within the 7z file.

{C0CB8BA3-6C1B-47e8-A6AB-1FAB889562D9}.js

/*********************************************************************************/
// Required pref for k-meleon to install addons from FF using xpi
/*********************************************************************************/
pref("kmeleon.install_firefox_extension", true);

I made these small changes in the ini file just in case it is used for an uninstall later.
[macros]
1=quicknote.kmm
[browser]
1=extensions\{C0CB8BA3-6C1B-47e8-A6AB-1FAB889562D9}.xpi
2=defaults\preferences\{C0CB8BA3-6C1B-47e8-A6AB-1FAB889562D9}.js

[kplugins]

[locales]

I have not yet tested to see what happens if the user has set the pref to false and then attempts to extract the 7z.

I have no ideas yet on how to handle the bug that you noted earlier.

Since the js file is no longer needed after the install, should the quicknote.kmm file check for and delete that file in the OnQuit event?

Posted by: as_983
Date: October 08, 2015 07:21PM

Thanks guys, QuickNote for KM75 finally works!grinning smiley

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 25, 2017 03:30AM

Hi, folks!

After long time I returned to this tool and made new version.
I've enjoyed this development, started by JamesD, but even in new 'autoit-free' version it had some limitations and glitches that prevent me from using this tool for everyday.

Even worse - there were some errors, added by myself! Sorry, but my skills were not good that time. Neither they are now, but time was not lost in vain: now I can do much more in macrolanguage

So I'm proud to present you new version of the tool.

Changelog:

1) ADDED - tool now autobackups Notes4me.txt on Quit.
2) ADDED - on first use tool asks you to select folder for notes and informs about hotkey for this dialog
3) CHANGED - this hotkey now is CTRL+4 instead of ALT+CAPSLOCK (old hotkey worked not good and also toggles CAPS irrelevantly)
4) ADDED - command to Delete all Notes (options are - delete notes and backup; delete only notes; Cancel)
5) FIXED - open in External Editor option was partly broken by me . Now it's fixed!
6) CHANGED - if user decides to change notes location after some use - the file goes there immediately after selecting new folder! (It goes deleted in old location to avoid multiplication of files. Only backup remains!)
7) ADDED - folder macros\note4me, containing 2 files: Note4me.txt - empty template needed to fix UTF issue (it's copied to target folder if absent there) and linkify.js needed for next list item!

7) ADDED - when open file in KM, it gets immediately linkified (JS-file for this option is mentioned above)
8) ADDED - also this file is autowrapped to fit KM window (in past long paragraphs were going far away to the right of screen )
9) ADDED - finally this file is autoscrolled to the bottom to show you last additions to Notes!

10) FIXED - lost error alert (also my previous bad) for opening non-existing file is now back for opening in KM as well as in external editor.

Maybe some more small fixes - I can't really say now as my head is simply out of here now! But I've got it! ENJOY with me!

P.S. My roadmap presupposes adding some more help and user setup with simple GUI.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2017 03:38AM by rodocop.

Attachments: Note4me.7z (4.5 KB)  
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: March 25, 2017 08:26PM

Thanks very much for this Rodocop !!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.