Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
roboform
Posted by: centurion
Date: February 13, 2016 04:02PM

hola,estoy contento con este navegador pero se puede instalar interiormente el roboform dentro osea la barra o boton,para mi es muy necesario por mitrabajo,gracias

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: roboform
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 15, 2016 08:02PM

Hi,
I tried there are some years, and it was a real pain, and it don't work correctly.

The programmers never wanted to make modifications to allow K-Meleon to work with roboform.

Definitivally a bad product !!!

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 16, 2016 08:02AM

JujuLand
Hi,
I tried there are some years, and it was a real pain, and it don't work correctly.

The programmers never wanted to make modifications to allow K-Meleon to work with roboform.

Definitivally a bad product !!!

A+

The problem is that the buttons for its functions are part of the Firefox XUL GUI.
K-Meleon does not have that. Since K-Meleon is on the addon's exclusion list there is no or little chance to get in to function.

BTW. It used to work some years ago in km 1.5 times. Jujuland & I used it.

I remember we made that its XUL button was independent and one version of the dll was altered so that it worked.

No idea anymore how - I think its internal supported list was damaged/changed.

We informed the programmers that it can work. Even then they excluded
K-Meleon from the supported list that is inside their program.

p.s. By policy the creators of a addon not the K-Meleon devs or this community are responsible for the functions of an addon.

You need an interested person that hacks/adapts an addon or do it Yourself.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 16, 2016 10:52AM

Oh great, they are fully intentionally *forbidding* KM, regardless if it could work or not? Grrr...

PS: they also offer a bookmarklet version which supposedly works in all browsers, but less security or comfort or such:
http://www.roboform.com/bookmarklet

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.