Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
CSS Ad-Block and Adblock Plus
Posted by: Hachiko
Date: April 09, 2016 03:51AM

How update the integrated Ad-blocker or add Adblock Plus? I am new.... 5 days with K-Meleon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CSS Ad-Block and Adblock Plus
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 09, 2016 01:09PM

I have a system of controls for the basic adblock plugin. You can get them here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,135175,137036#msg-137036

Updates for the system can be made automatic on a schedule.

There are two image schemes for the button. You may chose whichever you like.

If you have specific questions after loading the controls, feel free to ask them here.

Edit: I just realized that the add blocker about which I replied is the only one that you did not ask. Sorry, but I don't do AdBlock Plus and I do not know where to get newer or different items to include with the CSS adblock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2016 05:29PM by JamesD.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 09, 2016 10:46PM

AdBlock Plus here

just download and unpack into KM folder

Date: April 10, 2016 02:41PM

rodocop
AdBlock Plus here

just download and unpack into KM folder
For the CSS Adblock Nothing possible? Thanks!

Posted by: siria
Date: April 10, 2016 05:00PM

If you mean the old included one, that dates from 2006 :cool:
But you can easily update it yourself by replacing the file "adblock.css" in your profile chrome folder by whatever modern css-list you want.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 10, 2016 05:14PM

By the way there is a third possibility, a medium solution between the ultra basic adblock.css and the huge ABPlus addon: that is the basic adblock.dll plugin that is now included in KM76beta. Out-of-box it has no interface yet, and that's what James' macro is made for, it creates a menu for it. This plugin can auto-update itself.

If you wanna try it, download portable KM76beta3 to extract and copy that dll file, and put it into KM75.1/kplugins folder. And copy over James' menu-macro for it.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 10, 2016 05:18PM

Hachiko

Anyone may update the CSS adblock rules. The rules provided are very old. Someone named 'Fred' compiled them back in the era of K-Meleon version 0.9.

They way one would do it is surf the net and find a site providing an advertisement which you do not wish to see. Look at the source code which displays the ad. Try to make a CSS rule which does not display the ad. If you can then append that rule to the ones provided by Fred. I think it would be time consuming to do.

Dorian has provided plugins for the KM 75.1 and for KM76 betas. The plugin uses updated rules. The rules I am using now have this information in the header.

! Dernière modification le 09 Apr 2016 14:21 UTC
! Expires: 4 days (fréquence des mises a jour automatiques)

They were updated yesterday and are good for 4 days. With my control macro in place, my rules are updated every 5 days, so I never let the rules get much out of date.

I use the French rules, but I could change my subscription.

I will try to finish the subscription macro soon. I have been lazy and forgetful.

Date: April 13, 2016 12:02AM

siria
If you mean the old included one, that dates from 2006 :cool:
But you can easily update it yourself by replacing the file "adblock.css" in your profile chrome folder by whatever modern css-list you want.
How?Adblock plus have txt filters or not? I am a basic user of Firefox

Posted by: KM2005
Date: August 31, 2018 05:06PM

Has there been KM discussion on how to disable adblock detection by websites?
In Google searching the KM website I didn't find any discussion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2018 05:07PM by KM2005.

Posted by: KM2005
Date: September 01, 2018 06:06PM

KM2005
Has there been KM discussion on how to disable adblock detection by websites
I see that an image of ABPrime shows an "Anti-Adblock". Image here, bottom left checkbox: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,146713,147546#msg-146715 thanks siria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 08:11PM by KM2005.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.