Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Download YouTube Videos as MP4
Posted by: siria
Date: October 15, 2021 06:21AM

That's exactly when I like the 3gp 144p (height) version, still a lot better than nothing. Although very blurry when zoomed to fullscreen, but in most cases that's secondary, especially for just info clips, and sound is normal anyway.
And if a video duration is extremely short then I can also grab the smallest mp4 version instead (240p?), with much better visual quality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: win2kfan
Date: June 13, 2022 04:11PM

Hi JohnHell,

we need an update: Opening a YouTube-Link makes K-Meleon crash sad smiley

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 13, 2022 10:25PM

Just disable or stop using it.

I barely use myself this now. Is not very usable to date.

Use one of those pages out there to download the videos. Siria recommended a few in the forum. I'm using ytdownfk myself.

Consider this script, on my side, dead and buried. If anyone wants to continue developing it and fix the incompatibility, feel free to do so.

Sorry, win2kfan.

Date: June 16, 2022 12:40PM

Nevertheless, thanks for your work, JohnHell!

Ytdownfk seems to be a good alternative.

Date: October 16, 2022 03:18PM

ytdownfk does not work anymore for me: it just redirects to another site with an embedded player.
Is there another (ad-free) alternative?

Date: October 16, 2022 03:56PM

That is already off-topic here winking smiley

Just do a search on your preferred search engine.

From here, I only can tell that those there aren't already blocked by the country ISPs require latest browsers versions, so, to date, I can't recommend anyone. I don't use anyone now. I just use roytam's Newmoon and I extract manually the url with HTTP Fox/monitor extension. Not the most easy way, but I'm just tired of all this blocks/censored Internet and everything.

The day it will be impossible or they rise the walls even more, I'd resign of any tries.

Just do a search, also on the forum. Most sites have been vanished (TorrentFreak site reported quite a few), but search, just search.

Sorry but I can't help anymore on this topic sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2022 03:57PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 16, 2022 06:38PM

This youtube helper site still works nicely for me:

https:/ /video.genyt.xyz/xxxxxxx?dl=1

And the best: aside from the usual "big" downloads, they still offer tiny 3gp-files too, and surprisingly still directly from yt!
The only chance for ultraslow connections and/or full disks and/or old browsers. Even if 144p-3gp-videos have only stamp size, but as I wrote above already:

still a lot better than nothing. Although very blurry when zoomed to fullscreen, but in most cases that's secondary, especially for just info clips, and sound is normal anyway.
And if a video duration is extremely short then I can also grab the smallest mp4 version instead (240p?), with much better visual quality.

For getting comments shown in old browsers this one looks good for me:
https:/ /ruclips.net/video/xxxxxxx/
Although some videos first don't seem to have any, but recently discovered they may still appear on genyt...

Posted by: AllanH
Date: April 09, 2023 03:25PM

To Download YouTube Videos as MP4, I prefer not to use an Extension in any Browser.
Instead, I use the Freeware program TVDownloader, available on the VideoHelp.com Web Site.

Date: April 09, 2023 03:37PM

This isn't wasn't a harmful extension, anyway winking smiley

By the way, now, also, there are XP SP2 compatible youtube dl and ytp dl versions at MSFN.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2023 03:41PM by JohnHell.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.