Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
AdBlock K-Meleon 74?
Posted by: legonick8
Date: January 16, 2015 09:00PM

Hi, is there AdBlock for K-Meleon 74?
I know that there is another post like this but it is in german and i don't understand a lot german.
Thanks grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 02:33PM by legonick8.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AdBlock K-Meleon 74?
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 16, 2015 10:20PM

Buonasera!

There are AFAIK English (en-US), German, Russian and Spanish posts about it.

How 2 en-US was first posted.

Download or install the xpi from its home page and install.

Go to URL about:addons and use the options to import a list.

If You cannot download the add-on with KM use another browser.

Or read message/link here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131158

Create ./K-Meleon/browser/extensions/ and place the xpi there.

If the download has the wrong name, look in XPI in install.rtf under <em:id> and rename xpi to that name found there.

That is what I know in a nutshell. Sorry I am German - if You You have a problem with my English? - Please ask for details and explanations. I or other people here who know more English than I will try to improve on my English and/or will go into more detail.

Sorry I cannot answer in Italian. sad smiley

Greetings from Germany.

p.s. Can You use Forum search and can You read the posts in English?

AFAIK there are no IT posts. Sorry.sad smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 07:54AM by guenter.

Posted by: legonick8
Date: January 17, 2015 02:29PM

Thank you very much! Don't worry i study languages so I don't have any problem with english. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 02:30PM by legonick8.

Posted by: Tnebi
Date: January 31, 2015 11:29AM

Hello.
I've tried to install Adblock in Kmeleon but I can't succeed in it and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Also I don't see any option to import a list when I go into the about:addons page. Can anyone help me to install Adblock please and provide the right links smiling smiley?

Date: February 01, 2015 08:35PM

Tnebi
Hello.
I've tried to install Adblock in Kmeleon but I can't succeed in it and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Also I don't see any option to import a list when I go into the about:addons page. Can anyone help me to install Adblock please and provide the right links smiling smiley?

Once You have managed to install as described.

The next are three screen shots copied into one picture.

1.) Go about:addons and click into ADlock Options.

2.) After that click Filter Preferences.

3.) After that click ADD Filter Subscritions.

That openes a selection box where You can add filters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 08:39PM by guenter.

Attachments: addblock.gif (172.1 KB)  
Posted by: Tnebi
Date: February 02, 2015 12:06PM

I don't have any Get-Addons options in my KMeleon and also I can't manage to install Adblock. I just installed Bluehell firewall toggling on true xpinstall.enabled and adding kmeleon.install_firefox_extension but I don't see how you guys install the extensions following this guide.Here a screenshot of my about:addons page

Date: February 02, 2015 03:00PM

Tnebi
I don't have any Get-Addons options in my KMeleon and also I can't manage to install Adblock. I just installed Bluehell firewall toggling on true xpinstall.enabled and adding kmeleon.install_firefox_extension but I don't see how you guys install the extensions following this guide.Here a screenshot of my

Nobody says K-Meleon 74 has all options that firefox has.

The feature "Get addons" You want is active in the version with which naruman tests what chrome items can be activated and used. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,128038

I already pointed You at naruman's hand outs before.

1.) You create/toggle the pref You said or activate it at the bottom of the Edit menu.

2.) You go on the download page of the addon and try whether it installs when You click install. Some do - some do not. If one does not install You download it or install it in Firefox and scavange/plunder FF extensions folder to get it.
Then You install it manually.

3.) You create ./Program files/K-Meleon/browser/extensions/ and copy the addon there.

That is all.

Troubleshooting: Some addons require that they are unpacked. Some addons do not download with the right name...

Inspect the file install.rdf. All the info needed is there. The file is in the install archive xpi or in the folder of the extension.

Now I already pointed You before on the path where You find a complete version of it.

The one I attached here to my answer to You does not have Italian language support.

But there is no it-IT K-Meleon 74 version anyway.

You download and place the addon where I pointed out.

George Hall and me created a thread with links and info about addons that work.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131158

If something does not load down use another browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 03:19PM by guenter.

Attachments: get addons.gif (42.4 KB)   {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi (396.8 KB)  
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 02, 2015 03:43PM

guenter,
there is no need to manually copy xpi-files in extensions folder in naruman's build.

Just use about:addons page and tools menu there to Install Add-on From File:

Naruman's 74+1 build makes all the rest automatically

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.