Re: macro troubleshoot_prefs (no change, only to check) (V6)
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 19, 2017 06:42PM

But why anonymous???

Posted by: anonymous
Date: November 24, 2017 08:43PM

@siria
I've tested the original 1.x portable versions and noticed that one important preference setting is missing. How did you manage to write hundreds of wonderful macros in 10 years without enabling debug option?

Version 1.54 with debug enabled shows in XP:
Call to the undefined macro.
Path to macro + line number.

It highlights &callmacro2; on open.
---

(The example to open a file in omni.ja only works if chrome is loaded in active window.)

Posted by: siria
Date: November 24, 2017 11:10PM

anonymous
I've tested the original 1.x portable versions and noticed that one important preference setting is missing.
Version 1.54 with debug enabled shows in XP:
Call to the undefined macro.
Path to macro + line number.

<dropdead>
Thanks to your hint, I now found that in fact my KM1.6 does have that pref enabled! (kmeleon.plugins.macros.debug=true)
Upon further investigating it turned out, Dorian had told as about it 2 years ago, but at the time I had misunderstood it completely! Was thinking in KM7X the errorconsole showed no linenumbers any more at all, and this was a "fix" for this. Just in case, had added that pref to my "future" collection, which can't harm in KM1.x, and if some day I switch to KM76 those are all working already.
Oops... should have tested my own test macro myself first :cool:
Actually with this pref the console does show "parent" macro and line numbers, how could I miss that for 2 years?!?
Can only tell that the error that caused my complaint here some days ago happened in KM1.5.4, which did not yet contain that pref.

Date: November 25, 2017 02:36AM

Completely missed this.

What the debug? Is it present in KM 7x? Have I to enable something or this is ALREADY enabled here?

P.S. I can see problematic kmm line numbers in error console - does this mean debug is working?

Date: November 25, 2017 07:21AM

rodocop
Completely missed this.
What the debug? Is it present in KM 7x? Have I to enable something or this is ALREADY enabled here?
P.S. I can see problematic kmm line numbers in error console - does this mean debug is working?

So I'm not the only one who didn't remember it, and got it all wrong too - thanks grinning smiley
It's quite simple: open about:config and look if that pref is there.
If not, create it. Or better, create it as default pref in defaults/preferences/xy.js
BOOL: kmeleon.plugins.macros.debug = true
Our misunderstanding was, it only affects those few error TYPES which otherwise don't show a line number. All other (normal) errors do show them! For testing you can also use the little "call to undefined macro" test on the previous page here, near bottom.

Dorians old thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,134648,page=2

Date: November 30, 2017 05:47PM

Curious about the output of roytams Goanna-341-build...
And isn't that engine much younger as KM76? Just wondering if the version shouldn't be clearly different from KM76, but no clue.

Posted by: roytam1
Date: December 01, 2017 02:19AM

siria
Curious about the output of roytams Goanna-341-build...
And isn't that engine much younger as KM76? Just wondering if the version shouldn't be clearly different from KM76, but no clue.

---------------------------
V5 - Check current settings  (Text copied to clipboard):
---------------------------
(Current GLOBAL settings. Can NOT check site exceptions!)

K-MELEON VERSION =  0  (from platform.ini)
BuildID=20171128161837  /  Gecko=3.4.1

GENERAL.USERAGENT.OVERRIDE (fake)  ==>  (DEFAULT)
navigator.userAgent (injectJS)  ==>
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.4 Firefox/52.9 K-Meleon/76.0
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox  =  true
general.useragent.vendor + vendorSub  =   
-----
network.cookie.cookieBehavior  =  1   (0=all, 1=domain, 2=none, 3=special, 8=session?)
network.http.sendRefererHeader  =  2   (HTTP  0=No, 1=links, 2=links+images)
network.http.sendSecureXSiteReferrer  =  true    (HTTPS)
dom.disable_image_src_set  =  false   ('true' can block maps, captchas etc)
kmeleon.adblocking  =  false   ('true' can block too much)
   (If you have other AdBlock-tools installed, check them manually)
-----
security.enable_ssl3  =  false    (old unsafe)
security.tls.version.min  =  1    (TLS 0=SSL3, 1=TLS 1.0, 2=TLS1.1, 3=TLS 1.2)
security.tls.version.max  =  4

Date: December 01, 2017 03:39PM

@roytam1
Is there no file named 'version.ini' in profile folder?
Only binaries? Where are the patch files, mozconfig, Mozilla build setup package and the modified Goanna sources?

Date: December 01, 2017 04:14PM

anonymous
@roytam1
Is there no file named 'version.ini' in profile folder?
Only binaries? Where are the patch files, mozconfig, Mozilla build setup package and the modified Goanna sources?

There is platform.ini only.

For mozconfig, you can view the flags in about:buildconfig page.
Patch files are still preparing and will be provided later.

Date: December 02, 2017 12:27AM

@roytam1
Something was modified if there is no 'version.ini' in user profile folder. Sourceforge can create a clone of K-Meleon project that allows to include Goanna sources.

Date: December 02, 2017 02:05AM

For a macro (or me) to figure out if a build is Goanna or Gecko is kinda complicated, perhaps impossible. Version alone says nothing without knowing the engine. Please, can't you include something in platform.ini and/or a vendor-pref in kmeleon.js, or perhaps an additional "goanna.js", containing the additional goanna settings only? And/or in the title of the readme files? (still claiming this were KM75)

I see at least the default UA reveals it, but only if the user hasn't overridden it. Would rather avoid to mess with this one by macro, considering there's already a great mess with conflicting UA macros out there, some of them with site-specific automatics.

Date: December 02, 2017 04:01AM

siria
For a macro (or me) to figure out if a build is Goanna or Gecko is kinda complicated, perhaps impossible. Version alone says nothing without knowing the engine. Please, can't you include something in platform.ini and/or a vendor-pref in kmeleon.js, or perhaps an additional "goanna.js", containing the additional goanna settings only? And/or in the title of the readme files? (still claiming this were KM75)

I see at least the default UA reveals it, but only if the user hasn't overridden it. Would rather avoid to mess with this one by macro, considering there's already a great mess with conflicting UA macros out there, some of them with site-specific automatics.

Checking Milestone value in platform.ini is not enough?

EDIT1:
if you can access XPCOM level javascript methods, you can try getting "@mozilla.org/goanna-media-plugin-service;1" service to see if it is Goanna or ont.

EDI2:
It might be possible to check if you can inject to chrome://console2/content/blank.html :

#
opentab("chrome://console2/content/blank.html");
$_u=injectJS("(function() { Components.utils.import('resource://gre/modules/Services.jsm'); try { Components.classes['@mozilla.org/goanna-media-plugin-service;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.mozIGoannaMediaPluginService); } catch(e) { window.close();return '0'; } window.close();return '1'; })();");
if ($_u) {
$_x=$_x." isGoanna = YES\n";
}else $_x=$_x." isGoanna = NO\n";
#

But the only problem is: how to open chrome://console2/content/blank.html in hidden DOM window?
No you can't, use open-then-self-close method instead.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 11:26PM by roytam1.

Date: December 02, 2017 01:42PM

@roytam1
Is there a direct link to 'palemoon git rev 6bb8c4459', or was it already removed?

Date: December 02, 2017 02:07PM

anonymous
@roytam1
Is there a direct link to 'palemoon git rev 6bb8c4459', or was it already removed?
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/commit/6bb8c4459

Date: December 02, 2017 02:50PM

@roytam1
That is a patch.
When you said 'With applying mozilla.patch by hand over palemoon git rev 6bb8c4459(with my XP patch set)', I thought you are talking about full Goanna sources.

Trying again:
Is there a direct link to your Goanna sources without patches?

Date: December 02, 2017 04:16PM

anonymous
@roytam1
That is a patch.
When you said 'With applying mozilla.patch by hand over palemoon git rev 6bb8c4459(with my XP patch set)', I thought you are talking about full Goanna sources.

Trying again:
Is there a direct link to your Goanna sources without patches?
appending ".zip" to url to get a zip archive, thats it.
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/archive/6bb8c4459c26d80747c4fa28627ceb552ac0be65.zip

Date: December 02, 2017 11:38PM

@roytam1
Thanks. It has the same milestone as current master. I will keep a copy of it.

K-Meleon creates 'version.ini' in CheckProfileVersion(). Maybe it fails in this configuration.

Date: December 03, 2017 07:51PM

Anyone know if a macro can set a pref with injectJS???
Struggling since years with that endless prob that the return-function isn't available in some builds, and all attempts at workarounds are more or less idiotic, if working at all sad smiley

Date: December 03, 2017 10:34PM

@siria
Look in Preferences -> JavaScript to see what scripts can do with a browser.

Date: December 03, 2017 11:10PM

? Resizing windows etc. ...
Just looking for an alternative way to transfer a string (like native UA) back to a macro, in builds where injectJS cannot "return" anything (like 1.7a, KM74 etc,) So far could only come up with gruesome halfbroken notlösungen with side-effects, sigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 11:12PM by siria.

Date: December 03, 2017 11:37PM

siria
? Resizing windows etc. ...
Just looking for an alternative way to transfer a string (like native UA) back to a macro, in builds where injectJS cannot "return" anything (like 1.7a, KM74 etc,) So far could only come up with gruesome halfbroken notlösungen with side-effects, sigh.
then you may need to test if injectJS can return.
If injectJS cannot return, then open a chrome:// blank page and output everything there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 01:13AM by roytam1.

Date: December 03, 2017 11:44PM

Don't understand :-/
Let's say, I have this macro here, that other users shall be able to use, they click the menu and then it pops up an alert that tells them their settings. How does a chrome window play in here and how does the macro catch the result for its alert again...?

Date: December 04, 2017 01:15AM

siria
Don't understand :-/
Let's say, I have this macro here, that other users shall be able to use, they click the menu and then it pops up an alert that tells them their settings. How does a chrome window play in here and how does the macro catch the result for its alert again...?
for "chrome" here is actually means a page with URL starting with "chrome://", for accessing gecko internal Component object. and yeah, Google redefines this keyword.

Date: December 04, 2017 01:50AM

...or perhaps, any chance to fill the urlbar with a text by JS?
Or write into a local file, or an ini file?
Fill the clipboard?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 01:51AM by siria.

Date: December 04, 2017 02:22AM

siria
...or perhaps, any chance to fill the urlbar with a text by JS?
Or write into a local file, or an ini file?
Fill the clipboard?

by injecting to "chrome://" page, anything XUL-js doable (like writing to local file, etc.) is doable with kmm macros.

Date: December 09, 2017 12:21PM

sorry, have zero clue about xul. Am not a developer, just a normal User, playing with simple macrolanguage, and if forced occasionally struggling with JS-snippets. That usually means researching js-basics on the web each time and forgetting most of that complicated stuff right away again some days later. Grmpf.

Something else:
Keep reading here that startupCache folder can cause problems.
Anyone know an easy macro-way how to check if it exists?
So that the macro-alert could report something like:
StartupCache: NO (=good)
StartupCache: YES (can cause bugs)

Using "readfile(path to a known file inside)" perhaps?

Edit: just saw this thread again:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,138455
Will have to study again when more time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 12:50PM by siria.

Date: December 09, 2017 01:06PM

For KM75+ it's easy^:
macrolanguage2
$RETURN = mkdir(FOLDERPATH(1)); Since version 75.0

Creates the folder specified in FOLDERPATH.
(1)A folderpath must end with the new folder name followed by //.
Important- Returns an integer 0 if successful or an integer > 1 if failed.
An attempt to create an existing folder will return integer = 1.

Date: December 09, 2017 10:13PM

@siria
There is no problem with 'startupCache'. If users edit cached items in browser folder, content of 'startupCache' is no longer valid. They delete all cache folders to see changes on next start.

Date: December 10, 2017 12:28AM

anonymous
@siria
There is no problem with 'startupCache'. If users edit cached items in browser folder, content of 'startupCache' is no longer valid. They delete all cache folders to see changes on next start.
actually, when I editing console2.xml (XBL bindings), GRE/Browser doesn't delete startupCache folder for me.

Date: December 15, 2017 01:10AM

While playing around with the goanna build, found that after manual deletion of startupCache, it's self-creating again at next start. And yet another start and the "4.little" reappears too again.
Have not yet tested the gecko builds.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.