Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Is there a weather macro for KM that's for the USA?
Posted by: dana1971
Date: September 29, 2009 09:56AM

Anyone know where I can get, or if there even is a weather macro that's for the USA?
Something like the weatherman one...I can only find one for the UK.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 01:31PM by dana1971.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there a weather macro for KM that's for the USA?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 29, 2009 01:59PM

dana1971
Anyone know where I can get, or if there even is a weather macro that's for the USA?
Something like the weatherman one...I can only find one for the UK.

Thanks

save as weather.kmm in your c:\program files\k-meleon\macros sub-folder.

weather_report{
menu = "Weather Report";
$acode = prompt("U.S. residents enter zip Code, or City name for international users:", "Weather Report");
$site = "www.weather.com/weather/local/";
opentab($site .$acode);
}

weather_BuildMenu{
setmenu(WebServices,macro,"Check Weather",weather_report);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."weather_BuildMenu;";

$macroModules=$macroModules."weather;";

OR

use a rss feed in your rss reader: I use one set up for Brooklyn, NY

http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=0&locCode=11211

N

Date: September 29, 2009 02:40PM

Sorry to be a pain....what do you mean by sub folder? Do I double click and open the folder Macros? and if so, do I create a new folder within the Micros folder, name it weather.kmm, and then paste the code?

Not sure how or what to do exactly

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 29, 2009 03:03PM

Open notepad.
Paste the above post code in notepad.
Save it as weather.kmm in "c:\program files\k-meleon\macros" folder.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 03:03PM by desga2.

Date: September 29, 2009 03:46PM

Okey, Dokey..got it, and thanks a bunch

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 29, 2009 03:46PM

dana1971
Sorry to be a pain....what do you mean by sub folder? Do I double click and open the folder Macros? and if so, do I create a new folder within the Micros folder, name it weather.kmm, and then paste the code?

Not sure how or what to do exactly

Dana,

As desga2 said, cut and paste the code below into notepad and save as weather.kmm

-------------------------

weather_report{
menu = "Weather Report";
$acode = prompt("U.S. residents enter zip Code, or City name for international users:", "Weather Report");
$site = "www.weather.com/weather/local/";
opentab($site .$acode);
}

weather_BuildMenu{
setmenu(WebServices,macro,"Check Weather",weather_report);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."weather_BuildMenu;";

$macroModules=$macroModules."weather;";

------------------------

N

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 29, 2009 05:17PM

apart from the met office extension, none of the weather extensions are specific to the uk .. the weatherman extension just uses the bbc weather service because it's more oriented to international weather and supports much more international cities and towns compared to u.s weather services i.e. you can use weatherman for us cities normally if not better than weather.com's very limited xml info.

for yanks, there's a weatherman f version which displays temprature in fahrenheit instead of celsius.. if your windowsversion is 2000 and above, download weatherman f NT version.

install the extension and restart kmeleon -in case of using loader.exe, you will need to terminate the loader.exe first for changes to take effect..which was probably the reason why your camouflage background did not appear in the toolbar, there's also a restart super extension which adds a menu entry to restart kmeleon with the loader so you needn't worry about closing and reopening the loader.. restart super can be downloaded from kmext under enhancements,

to setup your city, right click on the weather icon that will appear on your mainbar.. select find city code from the menu

a prompt will open to enter your city name..if you're not sure your city is supported.. just enter country name..in your case 'usa'

click ok and the bbc weather search page will open displaying all cities matching your query.. when your find your city..click on it to open its weather page

once the weather page for your city loads, right click again on the weather icon and select enter city code this time

a prompt will open and it will automatically detect if you are indeed on your city's bbc weather page and extract the city's code and display it in the enter city code prompt.. click ok

you will now get a prompt to restart kmeleon and if you are using the loader, it will also close and reopen the loader for you so changes take effect.

after kmeleon has been restarted..you will find the weather icon now displaying weather conditions for your city..to find more info about current conditions; hover on the icon and it will display temperature etc in a tooltip

to display a 3 day forecast, click once on the weather button

it will display your city's 3 day forecast at the bottom of your current page in kmeleon

my preferred solution for this...
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: December 15, 2015 10:13PM

BBC weather is not so easy to get, and the Weatherman extensions depend upon it.

I could not find any way to get the needed codes, but this is an absolute gem:

ndebord
use a rss feed in your rss reader: I use one set up for Brooklyn, NY
http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=0&locCode=11211

I merely changed the zipcode to my desired ones and added 2 feeds to NewsFox, and presto - all the info is there.

Another marvelous RSS source is here:
http://www.rssweather.com/

Using the above example:
http://www.rssweather.com/zipcode/11211/rss.php

I really like getting weather info from multiple sources & sort of average them out to get some idea of what MAY happen if/when a storm is said to be arriving.

What would be really great would be an RSS for NOAA/weather.gov forecasts, but I've yet to find such a thing.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.