Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
TABS --- Macros for Groups of, Prior, and Last
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 06, 2016 08:39PM

I have been involved in writing macros to support the tabs in K-Meleon since 2010. There are now three major macro modules extending the useability of tabs.

Standard in K-Meleon is a menu item called 'Tabs' which appears in the View, and tab popup menus unless the user selects not to use tabs. It lists all the open tabs and has a check mark by the tab which has focus.

Listed below are some systems which are not delivered with K-Meleon, but which the user may install.

>>> Groups2 <<<

This macro, which includes many functions supplied by desga2, dates from 2010.

Groups2 is a macro which allows the user to save all the current tabs and assign them a group name. There are many options included with Groups2. One can export and import the groups, load a group or several groups of tabs, and integrate groups with Hotlinks.

Groups2's menu item is 'Groups' and is on the main menu line.

You can obtain the Groups2.7z file here:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/groups2.7z

In 2015 I added an ancillary file called Grp_Select. Previously one had to type the name of the group that one wanted to delete. If the group name was long, it was sometimes hard for me to get it typed in absolutely matching. Grp_Select shows all the group names each one assigned to a number. One has only to type in the number for the name to be used. The name is copied to the clipboard and then when doing a delete the user only needs to paste the name when it is requested.

Grp_Select produces the "Select a group name" item in the 'Groups' menu.

You can obtain the Grp_Select_v5.7z file here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Grp_Select_v5.7z

EDIT: If you use the Default skin and do not enable menus, then you will need the information and code at the following location:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,137101,137192#msg-137192

>>> PriorTabs <<<

This macro has been around since at least June of 2009 when it was version 0.5. The current version is 2.3 which is dated 2015-11-11. Again many people helped with code or ideas.

PriorTabs keeps a listing of each tab as it is closed. For the current session a user can go back to any tab which was previously closed. Is very much like the 'Session Undo last closed' except that the user can see all the closed tabs and does not have step back one tab at a time.

Prior Tabs appears in the View, Sessions, and tab popup menus.

The latest version of 'PriorTabs' has become an extension as it also delivers an image file for its toolbar. See this reference:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,136304

For those who do not wish to have a toolbar and button, the 2.2 version can be obtained here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/PriorTabs.7z

>>> LastTabs <<<

The 'LastTabs' macro makes a menu of the tabs that were open when K-Meleon was last exited. The OnQuit event writes a file containing those records to a file named 'LastTab.dat' which will be read and discarded at the next start of K-Meleon. This is the newest addition to my tabs macros. It is experimental as of now. I am hoping for some feedback as to its accuracy.

The menu item 'Last Tabs' appears in the View, Sessions, and tab popup menus.

You can obtain the LastTabs.7z file here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/LastTabs.7z

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 12:29AM by JamesD.

Attachments: LastTabs.7z (1.3 KB)   PriorTabs 23.7z (3.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TABS --- Macros for Groups of, Prior, and Last
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: January 06, 2016 09:09PM

Very, Very Cool - Thanks for these JamesD.

Question:
Is it correct to think that all of these may be installed/used without conflict in V75.1 ??

Thanks.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 06, 2016 09:34PM

Russian Team site has one more extension - alternative to Prior Tabs:

UndoClosedTabs

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 06, 2016 09:44PM

Other TAB related stuff:

1) Duplicate Tab (adds menu-command to duplicate current tab)

2) ImageTab (view image in new tab not window)

3) Auto Tabswitch (switches to the next tab after a defined time interval and scrolls down pages automatically)

4) Links Tabs (enables opening all links on the current page in separate tabs)

5) Tab All Windows (opens all non-modal & non-kplugin K-Meleon generated windows in tabs)

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 09:44PM by rodocop.

Date: January 06, 2016 10:28PM

smallhagrid
Very, Very Cool - Thanks for these JamesD.

Question:
Is it correct to think that all of these may be installed/used without conflict in V75.1 ??

Thanks.

They do not conflict.

Date: January 13, 2016 03:05AM

Thanks Again JamesD.
Have installed Groups2 and it is terrific.

A question if I may, please:
I hide the menu bar and instead use the little gear thingy to access the menu entries so as to have just a single bar with all the things I need.

Groups2 does not add itself to that batch of menu items.

Any chance it may be made to do so in the future ??

Thanks.

Date: January 13, 2016 02:09PM

smallhagrid

I will have to investigate and see if there is a way to add Groups there. I think siria noted your question in a post in 'Announcements'. I use a custom Klassic skin with the menu shown, so it did not occur to me to check this.

Date: January 13, 2016 05:47PM

Thank You JamesD.
It will be great if there is a way to have Groups there.

Siria's reply was about using the privacy bar, which I keep closed 99% of the time.

My ultimate goal is to maximize the actual browser area, so I try to stuff the needed functions into just a single bar in any browser that I'm using daily.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 13, 2016 07:24PM

No he meant my other post, a new one from today, in the developer thread.
Actually I'm slightly alarmed, as your post suddenly reminded me (and James too) that we completely forgot to take this current default setting (Hidden menu bar + Compact Menu) into considerations for macros. And thus a bunch of them will not be accessible for users, unless they actived the menu bar themselves! Ooops...

Changing menu positions is rather easy, for users too, but it takes a bit knowledge.
And there are several possible ways:

- editing the kmm, or

- in menus.cfg adding the File menu as flyout into the Compact Menu (Gear button) Am just not completely sure yet of possible conflicts, only testing would show, and may also depend of other user-installed extensions.

- in this specific case here, to single out an already existing button from a toolbar, just modify toolbars.cfg and move those buttons' lines outside the Privacy Bar{...} and into a new user bar AnyName{ ... button inside...}
As always with skin stuff: Do make sure this is NOT done in the template toolbars.cfg! Instead first make a copy of your current skin folder, baptize it anyname you wish (myskin?), add a copy of the template toolbars.cfg into it (unless it already contains one), then choose this folder as your active skin in F2>GUI.
Otherwise you will lose all your custom skin stuff after the next KM update. Not to mention any tiny syntax error can kill the whole skin, and then you have no backup to fix it.

- but my favorite is an ancient KM specialty, and would highly recommend this:
Do show the menu bar again, but not in complete length, only a tiny bit of the left beginning! With arrows to flip up the rest as pulldown-menu.
How? Just drag another toolbar over it from the right side, so that the menu bar gets almost completely hidden behind the other. This takes only a few mm space, but gives you full access to all functions.
The best: this is also a universal fix for all sorts of other macros, which don't show up in the Compact Menu at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 07:35PM by siria.

Date: January 13, 2016 08:47PM

Thanks Again and Again Siria !!
I did not see your other post in the developer thread.

BUT:
Yesterday I did accidentally stumble upon something like what you recommended with showing the menu bar and dragging another toolbar over it !!
I will try that some more with specific empasis in doing it from from the right side, so that it may hide as you've described.

Date: January 13, 2016 08:53PM

This will add Groups into the Compact Menu. It is a quick fix.

A better method would be to have a standard place in the Compact Menu where macros could add their menus. Most macros that create menus, create them in menus that are already in the Compact Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 12:32PM by JamesD.

Attachments: Groups_CPac.kmm (843 bytes)  
Date: January 13, 2016 10:53PM

Thanks Again and Again and AGAIN JamesD !!!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.