Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Download filetypes automatically to specific folders?
Posted by: Carl-Robert
Date: February 11, 2018 12:46PM

Hey!

I've been trying to find a way to be able to easily categorize my download-folder. However it is annoying to browse to a specific folder every time I want to save something, and was wondering if there is a way to do rules like putting ".doc, .txt, .rtf" files to a specific folder automatically, same with images through "save as" dialog etc.

Preferably I'd like to know if there is a way to achieve this without external download managers (extra clicks) by for example manipulating the default download-directory per MIME type? Or for images context-menu to save directly to a previously specified (inside the macro) folder?

Ideally something similar to http://asf.mangaheart.org/ which is for firefox, but no need to be so fancy one (I'm fine manually editing each directory inside a macro for example without a gui).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Download to specific folders? (macro SaveFavFolders)
Posted by: siria
Date: February 11, 2018 04:48PM

Nothing automatic, just a crutch quickly copied from another old macro of mine plus changes. Not sure if that helps you, perhaps partly at least? And have not fully tested it...

It just adds more lines to the native "Save As..." menus, more description inside the attachment:

Save Link Target -> FavDir...
Save Link Target -> FavDir IMAGES
Save Link Target -> FavDir TEXT
Save Image -> FavDir...
Save Page -> FavDir...
Save Frame -> FavDir...

Good thing you're not afraid of editing macros yourself, because this macro needs it for the folder paths. Have fun ;-)

Attachments: SaveFavFolders.kmm (4.4 KB)  
Re: Download to specific folders? (macro SaveFavFolders)
Posted by: Carl-Robert
Date: February 12, 2018 04:22PM

Thanks again siria, the macro works great!

Now I just need to add some more folders (excel sheets, documents, videos etc) to it, thankfully it seems rather easy thanks to the examples provided.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.