Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
import passwords - ResLogins KM74x-75x>KM76
Posted by: KM2005
Date: June 03, 2018 08:38PM

Trying to get JamesD's "import passwords" ResLogins kmm & js to run; but, get "There is no script engine for file extention ".kmm""

In testing/checking:
1. Windows cmd prompt > ASSOC .KMM > shows .KMM=kmm_auto_file (guessing that's right)
2. Running Windows Scripting Host 5.6

Any idea(s) on getting past the error?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 06:50PM by KM2005.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: import passwords - ResLogins KM74x-75x>KM76
Date: June 05, 2018 06:38PM

It was stated that ResLogins is run with KM open. Is ResLogins started by KM, or another app?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 06:51PM by KM2005.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 05, 2018 07:24PM

Don't know, such system stuff is too complicated for me.

But perhaps just try the manual methods described further up in that thread? Manually copy over to the profile folder the files key3.db and signons.sqlite or logins.json (depending on version)?

If this doesn't work, perhaps try if it also needs a copy of cert8.db, or even all 3 *.db files in the profile folder.

Ah, and probably also the randomname.s file?
Open about:config and get the name in this pref:
signon.SignonFileName = ....

-------------

Ah2, and delete the folder "startupCache" in the profile. Always a good idea for all sorts of changes.

-------------

And what I just recently discovered, utterly surprised:
Windows OS hat 2 places for profiles+Cache stuff!

C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/xxx
C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Roaming/xxx
or ... LocalSettings/Application Data/xxx
Don't nail me on the exact paths, not sure, and can be different between OS versions. They can also be inside the Windows Folder.

The xxx subfolder name is either Mozilla or K-Meleon or Moonchild (for Goanna)

Have read the "LocalSettings" folders contain only cache, especially Addons cache, for quicker app startup. Those can simply be deleted and will recreate themselves.
But the other folder contains your real profile, with prefs.js and bookmarks.html etc. (plus more cache)

Here's a link with detailed description of profile contents:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 07:50PM by siria.

Date: June 06, 2018 01:32AM

@siria

Days ago, I ended up successfully using guenter's profile copy method, again, in addition to your startupCache step mentioned by rodocop.

It's always been a learning experience passing personal files from KM install to KM install. I will probably try other parts of your methods at some time, some I stopped doing because it stopped successfully working, probably not knowing your other steps.

2. A roaming profile, from my experience, may be setup to pass a profile in a network from machine to machine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 02:33AM by KM2005.

Date: June 06, 2018 02:20AM

Noticed for the first time, <randomname>.s and signons.sqlite files are only created in (located in) the machine-user...\AppData\...profile (KM75), not in the \\<Kmeleon install folder>\profile (KM76).

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 02:30AM by KM2005.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.