Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Extension like Surfingkeys for Firefox
Posted by: AllanH
Date: October 19, 2022 03:41PM

Does anyone know if there's any extension or macro for keyboard navigation of the Web,
maybe something similar to the Firefox (and Chrome) extension Surfingkeys (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/surfingkeys_ff)?
I'm currently using Vivaldi but thinking of trying out K-Meleon.

Thanks...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2022 10:05AM by AllanH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extension like Surfingkeys for Firefox
Date: November 08, 2022 09:27PM

I've decided to go with Slimjet as my second Web Browser.
I read it uses even less memory than K-Meleon.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 05, 2023 03:48PM

Sorry there are no any capable alternative here for now. May be some time it would be possible to adopt Pentadactyl extension (now available for PaleMoon) as it pure Javascript-based.

The other point is that NO, Slimjet doesn't use less memory than KM. KM is the most lightweight among the currently updated fill-featured browsers. But Slimjet is way more capable in terms of handling modern web-sites than KM.

Date: February 08, 2023 09:23PM

rodocop
Sorry there are no any capable alternative here for now. May be some time it would be possible to adopt Pentadactyl extension (now available for PaleMoon) as it pure Javascript-based.

Thanks for your reply. I would give K-Meleon another try if there was an extension like Surfingkeys.

rodocop
The other point is that NO, Slimjet doesn't use less memory than KM. KM is the most lightweight among the currently updated fill-featured browsers. But Slimjet is way more capable in terms of handling modern web-sites than KM.

I won't argue that point. I do know that Slimjet is faster than most browsers. The developer of Slimjet also offers SlimBrowser, a Gecko-based browser that also offers fast web browsing, and it supports the Surfingkeys extension.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 08, 2023 11:59PM

Yes, Slimjet can be faster here or there. But not more frugal in memory use.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.