Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Roboform ??
Posted by: nsp
Date: November 09, 2008 06:56AM

Does any roboform adapter exists for KM 1.5 .... Roboform is the only stuff i need to switch from FF to KM 1.5 or any lighter browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roboform ??
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 09, 2008 03:27PM

nsp
Does any roboform adapter exists for KM 1.5 ....

No.

BTW Yes, but is not published & cave! Roboform corp declined to support K-Meleon.
We can not alter their adapter. Therfore it has bugs that can crash K-Meleon 1.5.
I do not remember whether alain who created the update will release the 1.5 version.

nsp
KM 1.5 or any lighter browser.

A K-Meleon Roboform Adapter exists and is published for K-Meleon 1.1.x on the K-Meleon extensions site. K-Meleon 1.1.x can be easily updated for todays security standarts with a new GRE 1.8.1.17 from K-Meleon 1.5.1 or current SeaMonkey.

You can also install the adapter in K-Meleon 1.5.x versions, deactivate the macro and create a bookmark to chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul.

To use the adapter You go to the bookmark & open it. The opened window has the Roboform bar at the top. If You use this window for normal browsing You get a crash that takes two K-Meleon restarts to recover sad smiley

So You only use this window to open a second tab & then You immidiately close the first tab. You have about 10 seconds to do all - else You get crashed. tongue sticking out smiley

The second tab has a usable Roboform bar at the bottom.
It is a complicated but usable workaround.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2008 03:32PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 09, 2008 03:54PM

Hi,

I'm working now on the site where extensions will be described.

I have some delay but it's long to do pages in french and english.

Roboform works without too much problems with 1.1.x, and with some problems with 1.5.

I think to finish in a week or two.

Be patient ...:cool:

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: mck
Date: March 06, 2009 08:55PM

I hope this thread hasn't been dormant for too long to be noticed. I'm new to k-meleon (1.52) and was glad to see that some smart folks have made a roboform adapter. I'm using it in a slightly different way than that posted above by guenter.

-Roboform.kmm macro installed.
-Under Tools>Roboform make sure Activate Roboform is unchecked.
-Select Tools>Roboform>Reload Roboform Toolbar, (shortcut Alt-T,r,r)
This opens a second tiny km window
-In the second window click on the text "Roboform Toolbar"
The second tiny window now loads the RF toolbar below it.
-Open a new tab or window from the main full sized km window and the new window will have the RF toolbar on the bottom.

You can close the tiny window. If you leave it open you can shut down the main window and restart km and it will start with the RF toolbar on the bottom.

So far this hasn't caused any crashes for me.

Could a button be added to Reload Roboform Toolbar and activate it? Could it be launched at startup so that km would launch with the RF toolbar?

Thanks. MCK.

Date: March 06, 2009 10:54PM

Roboform is still used by some - so the topic is still active smiling smiley

Nice to hear of another method, thx.

I changed my method also. Started like You but deleted useless kmm

For 1.5.2 I created a session with 2 tabs. Its called Roboform (how inventive).

1st loads URL chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul
2nd loads a site that requires a password (my yahoo mail).

Now when I load this session it loads the local file faster. So Roboform is primed (usually & if not I reload the session). I never use the first tab. It is still open after 1 hour now.

The other thing I changed - I set to auto fill.

Now when I visit a site that requires a password, I click that I want to submit, Roboform pops up and I click "log in".

That is all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 10:55PM by guenter.

Posted by: mck
Date: March 07, 2009 12:27PM

Guenter,

I like your method better. I've now set my equally creatively named Roboform session to load at startup. After startup I find I can close the hazardous first tab with a double click and all subsequent tabs still have Roboform enabled.

I'll also use your RF autofill option on my laptop, I normally run it in full screen mode due to limited screen size. The RF options of autofill and no toolbar will give just a little more space on most web pages.

Thanks for the help. Mike.

Date: March 07, 2009 09:29PM

I stopped bothering about open 1st tab. With 1.5.2 it rarely does harm if left alone. Why? :s

& I like Your method too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 09:30PM by guenter.

Posted by: barzel
Date: October 14, 2010 11:22AM

Sorry to revive this old topic but, as stated on Alain's website, the current plugin is not compatible with 1.6.

Is there any chance for roboform to work in k-meleon 1.6 or it's time to give up on roboform and start looking for an alternative? Sadly I'm not aware of any password manager that is as simple to use and tightly integrated with browsers as roboform.

Thank you.

Date: October 14, 2010 04:38PM

grinning smiley There is no Roboform thread that is recent.

I still use a K-Meleon 1.5.4 for sites that need secure login with hard to remember passwords. & I do not remember what I did to that adapter dll to make it work sad smiley It was a SeaMoney 1.x Roboform adapter version.

So, I Googled for a way for Roboform for SeaMonkey 2:
I did not find an adapter that any of us can try to "persuade" sad smiley

But I found one solution mentioned smiling smiley

I do not know how it works. I have not tried it.

RoboForm Bookmarklet
javascriptsad smileyfunction(){var%20d=top.document;if(d.getElementById('rf7')){srf7();return;}srf7=function(){};function%20l(s,c){var%20n=d.createElement('script');n.id='rf7';n.src=s;var%20b=d.getElementsByTagName('body')[0];if(b!=null)b.appendChild(n);else%20d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(n);if(n.addEventListener)n.addEventListener('load',c,0);else%20n.onreadystatechange=function(){c.call(this);};};var%20c=function(){srf7();};var%20s=l('https://online.roboform.com/rfjs/main.js',c);}())

http://www.leechermods.com/2009/09/google-chrome-roboform-for-chromium.html says about it:

leechermods.com

Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.x (2.1,...):
Add the RoboForm Bookmarklet

Add this link to your favorites to use the RoboForm Bookmarklet

All JavaScript Browsers using RoboForm Online

Get the RoboForm Bookmarklet. The RoboForm Bookmarklet allows RoboForm Online users to login to websites automatically using their existing RoboForm logins, even where RoboForm is not installed.

The RoboForm Bookmarklet also works on browsers where RoboForm is not currently supported such as Opera, and Safari giving users much greater flexibility.

p.s. maybe move this thread to Extensions Forum readers there might know more?

Sorry that I am no better help sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 04:46PM by guenter.

Date: October 14, 2010 06:04PM

Thank you guenter for the suggestion. Unfortunately RoboForm Bookmarklet requires online storing of passwords which is something I don't really like nor trust.

About moving the thread to the Extension forum, by all means do so and let's hope for some good news. In the meantime I think that it is time to try KeePass and get used to it somehow...

Thanks!

P.S.: I too still use roboform on k-meleon 1.54 with great pleasuresmiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2010 09:17PM

Looks like I found a version that has no lock to prevent us from using it.:O

The first thing I noticed was that it lacked the contractid.js that was part of the old mechanism that tried to prevented us (K-Meleon) from using Roboform.

Maybe Roboform will change policies? smiling smiley

Anyway I tried to get it going without Roboform (Company's) help.

Its usable after all.

Download: roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen.xpi it is e.g. @ http://www.roboform.com/dist/roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen.xpi

I uploaded the one I found & altered it. I attached roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen4K-Meleon1.6 grinning smiley (as 7zip). I tested with an added K-Meleon manifest.

Extract:

chrome folder roboform.jar goes to chrome plus gets the roboform.manifest (from 1.5.4)
components all three files go 1.6 components. Remember to delete the two *.dat files so that the newly added items are in the regenerated dats.

Start the Browser & open the page:
chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul

Click on the green Roboform icon in the left hand middle.
Now it starts to show an opener next to its icon, looks like ">>"
Click on ">>" and You get options.

Second option from the top shows, log into site. :drool:
Choose the site You want. This triggers/activates the Roboform agent. :cool:

I have set Roboform to offer automatic site filling when possible.
I have set K-Meleon to replicate the same site when a blank tab is opened.

To do? A serious dev can probably hack the XUl of the Roboform jar to do better service/view?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 11:40PM by guenter.

Attachments: roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen4K-Meleon1.6.7z (119.7 KB)  
Date: October 15, 2010 11:33AM

Thanks guenter for not giving up.smiling smiley There is still hope for roboform users after all!grinning smiley

On a bad note, I followed your instructions but I must be doing something wrong because opening chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul shows a completely blank page.

Now, here is what I'm doing:

OS is windows xp sp3 and roboform is version 6.9.97.
extracted a fresh copy of K-Meleon1.6_preBeta.7z;
extracted the content of roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen4K-Meleon1.6.7z to correct folders (also tried with roboform-firefox-3.0-frozen.xpi);
deleted compreg.dat and xpti.dat from components folder;
fired up k-meleon and navigated to chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul;

...nothing happened. I don't know if that matters but I checked that javascript was enabled and I also tried disabling the popup blocker.

Could be that some default config values need to be changed?

Thank you.

Date: October 15, 2010 02:50PM

barzel

On a bad note, I followed your instructions but I must be doing something wrong

Could be that some default config values need to be changed?

1.) I followed Your instruction and reproduced the same error. sad smiley

OS XP pro SP3, RoboForm (R) Version 7.0.67, (de-german).

2.) No, I traced the reason to another difference.

I have an alternative XUL.css in embed.jar/content/global. It makes an optical "fix" for prefs panel.
I am conservative and I wanted desga2's 1.6 prefs panel to look like my old 1.5.4's. grinning smiley

The side effect: it makes chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul visible too smiling smiley

So it is shear luck that I got Roboform to cooperate for me grinning smiley

I 7ziped for smaller size and uploaded my embed.jar. http://user.xthost.info/kmupdate/embed.7z

It is for K-Meleon versions that have desga2's pref panel fixes.

Virus scan, Unpack to jar level, rename Your embed.jar, copy mine there and try with it.

p.s. You can also extract the XUL.css and add it to any other 1.6 chrome's
embed.jar (probably).

rfhelper.js throws an error no idea how to fix sad smiley
The other functions in the file seem to work (more or less).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 03:30PM by guenter.

Date: October 15, 2010 03:53PM

Thanks guenter. With your embed.jar the green icon is showing up. At first I thought that it wasn't working anyway because I had roboform set to login in a new tab. Then I tried setting it to login in the same tab and that way it is working!:cool:

So from what I understand when loaded the roboform adapter is attaching itself only to the tab in which it is loaded and not to the current instance of the browser like happened with previous versions of k-meleon.
To make every tab load up the adapter I followed your advice and set both startup page and new tabs to load chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul

Still not the optimum but the simple fact that it is working is a great achievement!grinning smiley

Hail to you, guenter!smiling smiley (and shame on roboform developers...:madsmiling smiley

Date: October 15, 2010 06:55PM

K-Meleon's user-base is just so small that companies do not care to support us. Not enough possible customers. We either get things going by ourselves somehow or we have nothing.

Also: Very few extension creators intentionally support K-Meleon

- else this subforum would not exist grinning smiley

It is a step ahead that this new Roboform adapter is not coded to cripple every browser that it does not know.

I edited roboNavigatorOverlay.xul so that it is no overlay class but window class now.It is not much better but it sticks to the top and can be unfolded (dragged the right corner to the right with the mouse, it stays in this shape after the next start). This form seems to start slower and must be clicked when it says Download Roboform.

But it makes more items usable. smiling smiley

For better working we'd need help from desga2, disrupted, snuz, kko & others that know more about XUL than e.g. me.

But I with a user-base of only us two we can go without them spending/wasting their time. grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 09:41PM by guenter.

Attachments: roboform.jar (49.8 KB)   RoboformWindow.gif (22.9 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 16, 2010 02:34AM

it's very hard. i had to install roboform cause otherwise it displays 'download roboform'. as far as xul goes, i don't think it can be improved any further from what you have done..it's begging for a kplugin to be fully functional, probably desga or dorian can build on that but it looks promising just needs a kplugin to compensate for the overlay

gunterm i don't believe i know xul more than you, you forgot you are my mentor

another thing weird about roboform is it's calling their c++ dialogs from a xul toolbar on top of the mozilla class.. i've never seen anything like that before and sounds very complicated.. i mean they have gone through that trouble to integrate into firefox and they don't want to develop one for kmeleon which no doubt wll be much easier and far less code. they are strange people, yes.. kmeleon isa minority browser but all this complicated procedure to support firefox while neglecting a fellow mfc application.. weird

Date: October 16, 2010 05:25PM

disrupted
i don't think it can be improved any further from what you have done..

it's begging for a kplugin to be fully functional, probably desga or dorian can build on that but it looks promising just needs a kplugin to compensate for the overlay

gunterm i don't believe i know xul more than you, you forgot you are my mentor

yes.. kmeleon isa minority browser but all this complicated procedure to support firefox while neglecting a fellow mfc application.. weird

1.) persist (the property that remembers the last shape or place) asks for a reasonable default value like K-Meleon pref panel has. The pref panel always opens usable. But I do not know to do it. sad smiley

2.) Investing real dev time for a kplugin or a better persist value is not a wanted option with merely two users grinning smiley

3.) I do think so & that is sufficient tongue sticking out smiley You managed to hack refspoof 4 me. smiling smiley

4.) The complicated procedure to support firefox pays because of its big user base. Less than a mill-second used per possible customer. Better possible return than investing time for K-Meleon. sad smiley

The script error in rfhelper.js line 216 can be suppressed when we place

"//" before the line (we have no XUL interface) to comment the line out.

That is all we can do for now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 08:36PM by guenter.

Posted by: xboxsold
Date: November 15, 2010 08:48PM

I purchased roboform and used it for about 3 months, I find their customer service terrible and i have lately had several drive problems that made me have to reinstall my OS, I was forced to reactivate roboform a email joke back and forth I gave up ans use LASTPASS, It's FREE and way easier.

Date: November 16, 2010 03:01AM

Thx for info - with 1.6 beta I have some new issues - best now I try Lastpass too.

p.s. Roboform only has had a handfull of users with K-Meleon (including me - who hacked it to cooperate for K-Meleon 1.x). So lets move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 03:02AM by guenter.

Posted by: concerned user
Date: December 24, 2011 07:31PM

Attention: new way of spamming our forum! Dear mods, please take action.

jesseora is a spammer. The quoted reply above contains spam. There are already several similar posts on this forum.

Date: December 24, 2011 08:29PM

concerned user
Attention: new way of spamming our forum! Dear mods, please take action.

jesseora is a spammer. The quoted reply above contains spam. There are already several similar posts on this forum.

Thx.

More info about the removed SPAM.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.