kmeleon memory
Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 16, 2009 05:24AM

download from kmext

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:53AM by disrupted.

Re: kmeleon memory
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 16, 2009 10:00AM

@ disrupted

I like this. I made it faster for me by adding this.
memusage_accelerator{
setaccel( "CTRL SHIFT M" ,"macros(memusage)"); 
}

Thanks for all your work.

Date: May 16, 2009 02:50PM

thanks james. there's a bug in the script tht read max memory usage and retained it even after km released memory resulting in a wrong read after long usage. i fixed it so now it reads the right memory usage.. sorry i didn't test it enough, i was actually trying to make a tool to free memory for users who complain about too much memory used especially after extended flash periods..but this has proven to be complicated and quite risky, sometimes freezing k-meleon and causing a bluescreen at one time. i found a better memory function than the one included with autoit.. i hope i'll be able to freeup memory allocated to kmeleon without problems.
momadmemory function http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/co2-guides-templates/118159-autoit-memory-address.html

for now, please redownload fixed memory usage from same link:
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net/files/kmmemory.7z
(new source included)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 17, 2009 11:34AM

Thanks, I have updated.

Posted by: Mike Dallos
Date: May 17, 2009 02:44PM

I love it!

MD 20/20

Posted by: sliderule
Date: May 17, 2009 04:39PM

I agree, that this is a very good TOOL.

Now, just one person's opinion, but, since it is a Tool . . . perhaps you could place it in the Tool menu, rather than Configuration.

I just 'changed' your macro slightly, using

setmenu(Misc, macro, "Memory Usage", memusage);

which places it 'at the bottom . . . by default of the Tools menu.

Thanks for the effort, this is a great tool.

Sliderule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 04:40PM by sliderule.

Date: May 17, 2009 07:44PM

thanks, please download again:

updates:
bug fix when memory kb was less than 10,000 kb.. the comma "," was inserted in wrong position resulting in a wrong read.

now includes:
1- memory release: use of autoit mem functions to release km memory was very complicated and sometimes with bad effects(BSOD)..so release memory is done the natural way k-meleon expects (window minimise).. winsetstate minimize function had no effect..so the script calculates the minimise button position from km's window coordinates.. not the best way but the safest..tested with classic theme with different caption button size it worked fine but not tested with luna thing theme(xp coloured buttons) but i think it should work since they are just bitmaps over the api. memory release will not execute if km's memory is below 28,000 kb and will instead display a message that it isn't needed..case over 28 it will minimise the window and display the released memory and then restore back the window and calculate the memory released in kb.. during the releasing the mouse and keyboard inputs will be temporarily blocked but this won't take more than a few seconds..the time duration before restoring window is calculated according to the amount of km's memory usage before the release. this will be useful for users who use flash pages for long periods like online games and flash 10 plugin is beginning to go haywire.

2- memory monitor: for devs and testers, realtime km memoy usage (updates every second). because the monitor doesn't auto exit like the other functions; it includes a close button and is also linked to kmeleon's process so when kmeleon is closed, the monitor terminates as well. however for convenience; if restart is selected from kmeleon's menu..the monitor will not terminate. the monitor is also located at the top and not at centre as to not interfere with normal browsing. memory monitor can also run while selecting memory release or memory usage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:54AM by disrupted.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 17, 2009 09:06PM

I really appreciate all your work disrupted. I know in Maxthon that is default in the browser. BTW Maxthon 3 is supposed to support Webkit.

Posted by: Paul
Date: May 17, 2009 10:10PM

Nice add-on, thanks for sharing your skills. smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2009 03:36PM

thanks everybody, i hope many find it useful too.

reeko..do you know if this feature in maxthon is built-in or works from a plugin? if it's from a pplugin..this will be interesting to study since some maxthon plugins include the sourcecode.

sliderule, i agree it's more suitable to be under tools.. i usually put thos things in a submenu of tools called 'dev tools' but i was testing under configuration menu because my tools menu is getting out of control grinning smiley.. so for selfish and cosmetic reasons i've placed it under config, but that's the beauty of kmeleon is every user can easily change where to place things by editing macros

if anyone prefers it under tools and doesnt know how to edit the macro..then delete the memusage.kmm macro and use this one:
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net/macros/memusage-tools.kmm
(save in k-meelon/macros folder)

Date: May 18, 2009 05:45PM

disrupted
reeko..do you know if this feature in maxthon is built-in or works from a plugin? if it's from a pplugin..this will be interesting to study since some maxthon plugins include the sourcecode.

http://maxresources.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/maxthon-3-to-feature-both-trident-and-webkit/

From that they don't know if it will be bundled or added seperate. I did read in a forum that it will have fast switching. If you prefer to view a page in IE or webkit you can set a preference. I do like the webkit engine. Not because of Chrome but because of Arora. I remember you talking about it before. It reminds me a lot of KM and is fast and light.

Reeko

Posted by: eDOC786
Date: May 20, 2009 01:26AM

How does one reach to memory??

Thanks!!

Date: May 20, 2009 04:38AM

How do I add the folders macros, tools, xcrs to KM?

Thanks!

Doc.

Date: May 20, 2009 04:44AM

eDOC786
How do I add the folders macros, tools, xcrs to KM?

Thanks!

just extract to your KM folder it will place them itself

Date: May 20, 2009 04:57AM

Reeko I think shall remain to basics...........this linux stuff for a newbie is too confusing, specially a senile doc.

Thanks!

Doc.

Date: May 20, 2009 05:03AM

didn't know you were using linux. In that case I know you can't just extract it the way you do in Windows. I learned linux while trying to setup an internal modem. I tried and tried for days on end and couldn't get it to work. While I was fuming with not being able to get it to work I realized I learned a lot of command line and stuff. If I wanted to learn it I wouldn't even try but I was doing it without even knowing it while trying to install the mnodem lol.

Linux and I don't really get along for two reasons:

1.I tinker with everything on my windows computer and can't in linux. Plus lack of equal programs to some that I use

2. There is no defined answer on how to do anything in Linux. 6 people told me different things to do and none worked. In windows it is easier to find answers for problems

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 05:13AM by reeko124.

Date: May 20, 2009 05:44AM

No Reeko im using windows.

I meant KM is linux based.

Doc.

Date: May 20, 2009 05:51AM

I don't think its linux based but what do I know. Everyonm around here likes to tinker around with there browser.

Since you are using windows just like I said you should be able to just extract the files to your KM folder and it would place them where they have to go by themselves. They do for me

Posted by: hzs1997
Date: May 21, 2009 08:57AM

I can't download any file from the url.Could you please send it to me(hzs1997@163.com)?Thanks a lot.

Date: May 21, 2009 07:06PM

that's very strange i don't have any ip's blocked.. maybe your firewall is blocking my website or a temporarily host problem

i sent you kmmemory via email as requested, it will arrive from openbsd6 at googlemail.. if you don't get the email.. look under spam/junk folder beccause sometimes email providers auto-block non-contacts.

also try downloading from main site
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net

i've also uploaded kmmemory at holaservers.. maybe you can download it from there..goodluck
http://kmeleon.holaservers.com/disrupted/kmmemory.7z

Posted by: foobarly
Date: May 21, 2009 08:32PM

Disrupted, ye old script kid, have you seen the news?

This looks like a special call for the likes of you... smiling smiley

http://labs.mozilla.com/2009/05/introducing-jetpack-call-for-participation/

More info:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Making-Firefox-extensible-by-you-just-became-simple/1242921781

--- sig ---

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.