Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: useragent switcher
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 04, 2010 10:39AM

facebook has fixed the problem of the bottombar thing and is working with the ff2.0 string..agentswitcher has been reverted to switch normally to ff2.0 with facebookdomains.

special switching to opera string is now granted with spacebook domains that no longer work with either default kmeleon or ff 2 strings.

please download updated switcher:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/agentswitcherplus.7z

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: extremeragnarok
Date: March 08, 2010 11:37PM

I installed the latest useragent switcher and I'm still having problems with Facebook. For the page to even try to load more than a few items I have to refresh. Also, when playing that stupid addictive game Mafia Wars, the entire flash area doesn't display. It may be because it isn't a fixed size, I don't really know.

Date: March 09, 2010 02:37AM
Posted by: extremeragnarok
Date: March 11, 2010 08:24AM

The problem is only there when using K-meleon. I have no problems when using Firefox, Chrome, or even IE (blech), just K-meleon. That's why I posted here.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 11, 2010 04:44PM

Yes, and that's why disrupted gives you the URL to ask to Facebook to correctly snif the browsers.

It's a known reality that K-Meleon works fine with Facebook, and it's just a Facebook programmer's fault if they said K-Meleon doesn't work on Facebook.

Send a mail to claim K-Meleon works with Facebook, and they don't snif browser correctly. We can't no more endure this situation, as K-Meleon is in the ballot screen.

If you love K-Meleon, and want to use it without these types of problems, don't let us to be alone to ask for, help us and claim it.

Let's go

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 04:44PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: slayer
Date: March 11, 2010 10:03PM

extremeragnarok
The problem is only there when using K-meleon. I have no problems when using Firefox, Chrome, or even IE (blech), just K-meleon. That's why I posted here.
Is a FB problem, they are not detecting K-Meleon correctly. This is explained in this site: http://geckoisgecko.org/

Posted by: siria
Date: April 02, 2010 08:38PM

Struggling with my own macros again, one also UA related, and just for curiosity looked inside the autoswitcher code. Not sure, but frankly I tend to think an ini-file might be useful, that stores the entries perhaps like this
example.com = Firefox3
And am tempted to greatly shorten the 'extract domain name' parts with an index-command, but never mind. I'd rather finally solve my own probs, which are much bigger! :-/

Anyway, why I'm really posting:
have found a dos command that might be handy here too. Suspect strongly that it could replace that plugin line with an exec-line, but of course would need testing first:

pluginmsg(utils, "append", $_badlist, $badstring);
exec("%COMSPEC% /c echo ".$badstring." > $_badlist");

comspec was a nice find too, they say it gives the path to command.com in win98, and to cmd.exe in NT browsers. Have tested in only in win98 so far, and here it works...

Date: April 03, 2010 01:05AM

i see your point but is it because the utils as a kplugin can be disabled by the user? i understand you don't like utils but i'm not sure why.

using cmd.exe or dos/command line in general is something i don't recommend for an extension because they could be disabled in the system registry or blocked by a security program and this will cripple the macro. same reason not to use wsh or vbs scripts because some users may also have them blocked or the default action changed to an interceptor. it's alright to use them on own computer because you know they are not blocked on your machine but you don't know if they are permitted on other computers.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.