Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Search+ v1.0.4
Posted by: siria
Date: September 13, 2015 10:19PM

There seems to be a bug with refreshing the Previous Searches Menu in KM75, some menus tend to get doubled, tripled, 4x, 5x... etc. with each use.
A workaround was described here, and used in rodocops KM75 "pro" version:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,135002
No idea if that workaround is still necessary in newer KM versions.

Must admit in general I'm not overly happy with rewriting a hundred prefs each time a search is done, just for resorting the "Previous Searches" menu after next browser start. Some day may try to rewrite it using some stored number pref to get the latest (button-) search restored on top of the menu. Anyway, not soon, too many other nearly-finished macros in work :cool:

===========

At the moment just wanted to get rid of another tip smiling smiley
Each time I switched the default search engine using "Search Options > Keep xxx as default engine", it was irritating that the new engine was only valid for the "button" search, not when just hitting "Return" key for a search term in the URLbar.
This one is set on F2>Finding Websites -> Keyword Autosearch.
I understand in special cases it may be handy to have different engines on "Button" Search and on "Return" Search, or someone may prefer to only add "www." and ".com" when hitting Return.

But if you prefer to update BOTH search engines when locking "Keep xxx as default engine", then open file search.kmm in an editor, find the blue lines (around line-30), and insert the red lines:

Search_ToggleEngineLock{
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$_Search_pref_Locked);
togglepref(BOOL,$_Search_pref_Locked);

# TYPED search in urlbar with Return is different from default search engine. Use the same?
if (getpref(BOOL,$_Search_pref_Locked)) {
$_url=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.general.searchEngine");
if (confirm($_url."\n\n"._("(See F2>Finding Websites)"),_("Use this engine also for \"Keyword Autosearch\" in URLbar?)"),YESNO,QUESTION)==YES) {
setpref(BOOL,"keyword.enabled",true);
setpref(STRING,"keyword.URL",$_url);
} $_url="";
}

statusbar(sub("%s",getpref(BOOL,$_Search_pref_Locked)?getpref(STRING,$_Search_pref_DefaultName):_("Last chosen engine"),_("Default search engine: %s")));
}

RESULT (only when locking, no action when un-locking):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 10:20PM by siria.

Attachments: searchplus_askTyped.png (5.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 13, 2015 10:55PM

And I prefer separate engines for URLbar and general search (I use 'Google - I'm feeling lucky' for keyword autosearch in URLbar as this is huge speed up for general navigation; but I need generic Google or Yandex or Wiki or Google Images for general search).

Anyway your stuff is good and valuable as always.

I just should add that SearchBarExt kplugin does what you want - switches both defaults when you change it there in Search Bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 11:03PM by rodocop.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 13, 2015 11:04PM

Ah I see... as usual, everyone has their own preferred ways smiling smiley
In my case, the general navigation works best by starting to type the first 2 characters of my frequently visited sites, that automatically makes the matching history entries (autofill) pop up below the urlbar, so just have to hit the arrow-down button and Return smiling smiley

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.