Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Plugin Check macro
Posted by: Matt
Date: October 03, 2009 06:56PM

This simpe macro (Help -> Plugin Check) helps keeping browser plugins up to date. It uses new Mozilla Plugin Finder Service. Mayby someone will find it useful ;-).
For the time being K-Meleon and other browsers alert about domain name mismatch when entering this site (shame on you, MoFo tongue sticking out smiley ).

Plugin Check

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plugin Check macro
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 04, 2009 11:16AM

I think this is better code for Plugin Check macro file.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 11:16AM by desga2.

Date: October 04, 2009 12:06PM

desga, I really don't understand much of the macro language so You & co. are always welcome to improve what I post smiling smiley.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 04, 2009 01:56PM

OK, I have the macro working. I see the site and it says that I need to up one plugin. When I move the mouse pointer over the word 'Update'. it underlines the word. But that is all it does. Is it supposed to take me to a download of an update?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 04, 2009 05:08PM

i added this one to communication, thanks matt

james, when i click on the button for quicktime apple, it takes me to apple's website to update..i think it needs js to be enabled

Date: October 04, 2009 05:33PM

I have JS running. The item needing update on my system is Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library Npdsplay dll. Both the Java and the Shockwave appear to have links when I hover over them. The Npdsplay.dll item does not show a link. I have Media Player 10. Maybe it wants me to get version 11.

Date: October 04, 2009 08:20PM

npdsplay is for windows 9x uses the core of media player 6.4 to draw the plugin but uses libraries for latest wmp installed oon the 9x system(i think support till wmp10 for 9x)..ndsplay.dll is not update-able

on windows nt, you should have np-mswmp.dll in kmeleon\plugins (not detected by mozilla plugins page) it's better for streaming wmv files and it doesn't matter if you keep npdsplay.dll in the plugins folder as well as np-mswmp.dll will override it.

you can download np-mswmp.dll from kmext/np plugins page if you want..for streaming web pages npswmp no longer that important..along with realplayer as almost everybody has moved to flash streaming(flv, mp4) but np-mswmp.dll can be useful when playing embedded mp3 or wave files on websites.. np-mswmp.dll is not like other media plugins because it's not a real plugin, it's just a wrapper for the wmp library files located in c:\windows\system32(that's where the real wmp plugins are). as far as i know it doesn't have any vulnerabilities as long as your installed windows media player is above 7 which did have a very nasty bug with activex

Date: October 06, 2009 02:28AM

@ disrupted

Thanks for the info. I have XP as Ops Sys and the Npdsplay.dll file is in my Media Player folder. I do not see the np-mswmp.dll file on my system. I have not noticed things not playing, but I do not do a lot of video or music. I looked up np-mswmp.dll via Yahoo Search and seems many problems with it. I think I will leave well enough alone.

Date: October 06, 2009 04:36PM

yeah it's no problem..wmp,realplayer and quicktime are almost dead for streams..it's all aboust flash and flv now

Date: October 06, 2009 07:25PM

JamesD
I see the site and it says that I need to up one plugin. When I move the mouse pointer over the word 'Update'. it underlines the word. But that is all it does. Is it supposed to take me to a download of an update?

I've got the same problem. AFAIK the site has been launched 3-4 days ago so I guess not everything works as it should.

Posted by: caktus
Date: October 06, 2009 08:58PM

Name it "km plugin check.kmm"? or does it even matter what it is named?

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.