best download extension
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 09, 2009 03:46PM

I'm thinking about changing download extensions. I've been using Wackget, but after changing its location on my hard drive, the registry settings got all messed up and I never did manage to get it working properly again.

So, this is what I would like, IF at all possible; a download extension that does not have a registry setting, preferably something that is a "well-behaved app" that uses INI config files instead.

Any ideas much appreciated.

N

Re: best download extension
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 09, 2009 05:48PM

Search in your Windows registry the entrys of Wackget and change it to the new path location.

If you have a nip in a tire, buy you a new car? Change the tire. (Bad english, sorry)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 05:53PM by desga2.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 09, 2009 09:38PM

you can use whatsit jvorg16 regcleaner..it's very good at these things..i think if you reinstall wackget it will see the old path and ask to install in thesame path..select the new path and it should work fine..easier than playing in registry

you can also use downthemall xul extension, it can work as a download manager as queuing and resuming later even if you close kmeleon.

desga, it's not bad english..it's american english smiling smiley
tire=american tyre=good spelling

but i'm afraid i disagree with you.. if the car is a honduh, then you should buy another one anyways

Date: October 09, 2009 09:53PM

disrupted
you can use whatsit jvorg16 regcleaner..it's very good at these things..i think if you reinstall wackget it will see the old path and ask to install in thesame path..select the new path and it should work fine..easier than playing in registry

you can also use downthemall xul extension, it can work as a download manager as queuing and resuming later even if you close kmeleon.

desga, it's not bad english..it's american english smiling smiley
tire=american tyre=good spelling

but i'm afraid i disagree with you.. if the car is a honduh, then you should buy another one anyways

disrupted,

downthemall xul extension??? Never heard of it, but will kick its tyres and see.

If your car is a Yugo, buy new shoes before going out!

N

Date: October 09, 2009 09:54PM

desga2
Search in your Windows registry the entrys of Wackget and change it to the new path location.

If you have a nip in a tire, buy you a new car? Change the tire. (Bad english, sorry)

desga2,

Tired of English vs American? So am I. Always liked the Brit spelling of Tyre... makes me think of ancient cities in Lebanon!

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 09:55PM by ndebord.

Date: October 09, 2009 11:50PM

desga2

desga2 and disrupted,

Well, that went well. I tried a fresh install and threw everything at it that I had and now it works once again. Regcleaner did clean up everything first. Much thanks.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 11:50PM by ndebord.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.