Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
GreaseMeleon
Posted by: forever
Date: November 12, 2009 07:17PM

Hallo

wollte mit Greasemeleon ein Script ausführen, welches mit Greasemonkey bestens funktioniert, aber mit Greasemeleon leider nicht.
Der Entwickler hat das mal getestet und folgende Probleme festgestellt

Zum einen triggert es keine UserScripts auf Frames (was nötig wäre, weil die Tools auf dem Planetromeo-Top-Frame ausgeführt werden).. das ließe sich noch umgehen, nicht allerdings, dass GM offenbar ein Problem mit sehr großen Userscripts hat. Bei meinen Versuchen mit einem abgespeckten Script war um die 30kb plötzlich Schluss - ich konnte dann tatsächlich in einer Kommentarzeile(!) ein x hinzufügen, und das Script war unausführbar, ohne das zusätzliche x lief es. Die Tools sind aber nunmal 46kb groß, und schon da ist das meiste gepackt..

Vielleicht kann mir jemand hierzu mal einen Tipp geben.
Dies hier ist das Script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33184), aber ohne Anmeldung auf der auszuführenden Seite kann man es nicht testen.

In dem Fall hätte es sich erledigt :-/

Danke schonmal im voraus

-----------------------------
i want to use a script with Greasemeleon which goes well with Greasemonkey, but unfortunately notwith Greasemeleon,.
The developer has tested it and has ascertained the following problems

On the one hand, UserScripts aren't triggered on Frames (would be necessary because the tools are executed(?) on the Planetromeo-Top-Frame ). GM apparently has a problem with very big Userscripts. With my attempts with a shed Script was about 30kb suddenly end - then I could really add in a comment line (!) x, and the Script was unworkable, without additional x it ran. However, the tools are 46kb, and already there most is packed.

Maybe somebody can give me aome advise
This is the Script
(http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33184),
But unfortunately you need to be logged-in to test the script

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 08:31PM by forever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GreaseMeleon
Date: November 15, 2009 10:20AM

Hat keiner eine Idee wie man GM dazu bringen kann mit größeren Scripts umzugehen?

Does no one have an idea how to get Greasemeleon to work with bigger sripts?

Posted by: mslayer
Date: November 15, 2009 06:09PM

I never could get a gm script to work with KM. So no idea.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 18, 2009 11:46PM

i had problems with scripts with gm as well, i no longer use it.. i only used 2 scripts anyway for youtube and streetfire(download buttons) but i noticed that had a strange effect e.g. disabling some js links on other not included websites like gmx.com.. i think it used to work better in 1.1.x because i never noticed those problems, it might need to be recoded for 1.5.x.. don't know who originally wrote it to be fixed(maybe desga or xgrind)

mslayer, you don't need to change the useragent any more to use hotmail, they have fixed their sniffer and now the site hotmail.com/live.com etc fully supports kmeelon

Date: November 19, 2009 11:17AM

well Greasemeleon and the youtube script works well

it seems to be that problem, that the maximum size for scripts is about 30kb
a smaller version of the scipt worked

Date: November 19, 2009 08:10PM

that 30kb limit is due to readfile macro command which an't not load anything bigger.. to make that big script work it has to be injected directly without greasemeleon with the injectjs command and instead of include for selected sites, it needs to be done by checking site url first and exculding others with onload command

an example of such a script injected directly after checkiing the page url is the youtube downloader:

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/youtubedownload.kmm

p.s. that macro stopped working a couple of days ago (puts a download link for videos on youtube).. i think youtube has changed a few things to prevent that script from adding download links, anyway just use it as an example/template

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 08:10PM by disrupted.

Date: November 20, 2009 09:31AM

thanks
i will give that to the developer because i dont know how to change these things.
Hope it will work then

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 20, 2009 11:18AM

The 30 kb limit can be bypass by replacing the use of readfile function by an equivalent function avalaible in util kplugins by mark307

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 11:18AM by JujuLand.

Date: November 21, 2009 12:39AM

that's a good idea but will need a macro guru to change things in greasemeleon.. greasemeleon is too complicated for me

Date: November 21, 2009 09:41AM

disrupted
that's a good idea but will need a macro guru to change things in greasemeleon.. greasemeleon is too complicated for me

hope there is a guru here .....

like the Beatles said --> HELP... i need somebody ... HEEELP winking smiley

Date: November 21, 2009 02:38PM

replace all tha readfile() call with this line:

$text = pluginmsgex(utils, "read", $file, STRING);
# if file isn't exist, this returns "".

And obviously put utils.dll in your kplugins folder

Is-it too difficult ? Suprising when we look for the extensions you have made ...:cool:
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: November 21, 2009 11:20PM

still better desga to update it because desga is the original author i think? greasemeleon macro is too daunting.. i prefer autoit, no semicolons grinning smiley

Date: November 22, 2009 08:28AM

No, the author is bresilian, and I don't think that spanish is the same as bresilian...

A+

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 22, 2009 12:36PM

JujuLand is right, I'm not the GreaseMeleon creator.

I think original creator is oinerds (brazilian) since his first version GreaseMeleon 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5 and 2.01:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,75836
He have a group in Orkut.

JujuLand did the first extension for GreaseMeleon (for KM 1.1.x).
And I did a second revision of it to work in KM 1.5.x, I only fixed some macro code.
Also xGrind (brazilian translator) have some mirror to download link.

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 22, 2009 09:28PM

JujuLand
replace all tha readfile() call with this line:

$text = pluginmsgex(utils, "read", $file, STRING);
# if file isn't exist, this returns "".

And obviously put utils.dll in your kplugins folder

well now i am totally confused. :-(
i think that is too difficult for me...

but i won't give up hope that it might work someday winking smiley

Posted by: Paul
Date: February 16, 2010 08:16PM

Can anyone update this extension, pretty please smiling smiley It is useful but doesn't seem to work to well.

Date: February 17, 2010 12:13AM

it has many bugs, i think it will be better if kmeleon can integrate using scripts internally like opera..it will be much better. it's a job for kko

Date: February 25, 2010 07:27PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/tests/greasemeleonU.7z

this is a debugged version of oinerd's greasemeleon. it hasn't been tested enough but should at least work as the original greasemeleon.. this version should now support scripts bigger than 32kb by using utils plugin to read main data for thescripts. internal read has been kept for some commands like reading bug scripts which are small in size. mark307's utils plugin is uncluded in the package.

Posted by: slayer
Date: February 26, 2010 01:18AM

disrupted
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/tests/greasemeleonU.7z

this is a debugged version of oinerd's greasemeleon. it hasn't been tested enough but should at least work as the original greasemeleon.. this version should now support scripts bigger than 32kb by using utils plugin to read main data for thescripts. internal read has been kept for some commands like reading bug scripts which are small in size. mark307's utils plugin is uncluded in the package.
Hi disrupted, what the 'Script List' and 'Active Scripts' do? They always show the 'no scripts installed' or 'no active script' messages.
I still can not get greasemeleon to work, I just added a bug003.user.js file (size = 2k) to the bugs folder. The scripts is the GoogleImages direct link:http://userscripts.org/tags/googleimages
Thanks in advance!

Posted by: disurpedunlogged
Date: February 26, 2010 09:37PM

the scripts list opens a messagebox showing all installed user scripts. active scripts shows scripts that are used for current website.

greasemeleon can be rather tiring to make it work..i didn't test it fully, i just tested one script the youtube one by desga and it overrode the page but the download didn't initiate but i think this because youtube changed their code

i'm not the best to offer advice on greasemeleon because i don't use it and for some reason some could never make it work- i couldn't make it work either on a test profile with 1.5.4

the extension in general needs a rewrite because it has conflicts with some pages..i hope kko can implement an internal method to add user scripts like in opera without need for greasemeleon.

there are some helpful tips on using greasemeleon in this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,75836,page=2

i hope you can make it work but if it doesn't, it's probably not your fault

Posted by: slayer
Date: February 26, 2010 11:54PM

Ones of the problems is, as you mention in the other thread, the long paths. So greasemeleon can't load the js files. I was looking at the macro file, but I really can't tell which function is the culprit.
Usually the trick when we want to preserve long paths with spaces in them, is to adding the Double-Quotes, which is the character 34 of the ASCII table, ie:
"C:\My very long Path\K-Meleon"

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.