Ported Cleeki for K-Meleon
Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: November 30, 2009 07:34PM

Hi! I need your help. If you know, there is a plugin for IE and FF called Cleeki. I want to make ported version for K-Meleon. For understanding what I want to do see that link: http://www.cleeki.com/features.html.
Algorithm may be like that:
1.Set selected text (or URl of selected image) in clipboard automatically:
2.Simultaneously with it open special context menu with some buttons:
3.On mouse click (pressing the button) paste clipboard in some URL like it parameter:
4.Open pop-up window in the centre of monitor with result (some URL).
P.S.: For better explanation of my plans see more about Cleeki. I want to do it analog. By the way: is it real to make buttons in context menu? I mean some small icons instead of text point of the menu.

Re: Ported Cleeki for K-Meleon
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 30, 2009 09:30PM

You don't need Cleeki in K-Meleon because you can select the text and do right click to select in the context menu "Web Search".

No, you can't create buttons/images in context menu.

You can modify the "Web Search" macro code to open in new tab or in new popup window or change the search engines.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 30, 2009 10:38PM

i agree with desga..it's better to use websearch strings and keep things integrated within km although the idea of results poping in a small frameless window sounds neat but i think it will be better implemented with javascript instead of an application.. i did howevrr try to use their standalone version which does work with k-meleon but is very unstable and 1 out of 3 times it just crashes for no reason.

if you want to give it a try, download their standalone version and create a 'convenience macro' so it runs automatically with kmeleon using the event oninit and exec command to cleeki's path.. to terminate it on kmeleon exit, you will need an onquit event accompanied by a windows end process commandline to close cleekie when km exists..i'll try to look for a ready-made javascript that can do the same thing and could be injected with injectjs

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 30, 2009 11:12PM

i think i have an idea forsomething you might like..there won't be any fancy buttons but will open your search in a separate fixed size window as you want..i use that same ting with dr.web extension..instead of opening in a new tab(tiresome) or new window(confusing with all buttons etc).. i made a new profile and called 'scanner'..for that profile, i removed all toolbars etc

to do this , you have to follow certain steps (similar to privacy mode)

open edit>profiles manager> create new profile> ask at startup (e.g call new profile 'search'

restart kmeleon select 'new profile' and open its preferences to hide all toolbars etc so it's like a kiosk mode(only kiosk mode follows the main profile lst window so isn't exactly how you want it)

when all your settings are set for the new profile, restart kmeleon..select your main profile from the profiles manager prompt and unselect 'ask at startup'..close kmeleon after that.

now this is a very very important step to ensure that your main profile will always be default (because normally kmeleon will interchange last used profile as default and this can be problematic if you close the search'profile' window last.
go to your kmeleon profiles folder %appdata% or kmeleon root etc gind the file called profiles.ini , right click on it and in its properties select 'read-only'

now you will need to create a macro to open you search term or query using that new profile.. you just need the selected text and set as a string using the exec command.. the command that you will need to use that new profile e.g if new profile name is search

searchplus{
$_pr_path=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\k-meleon.exe -new -P search";
$searchstring=("google.com/search?");
#(not sure the exact string or #whatever engine you prefer

#then attach the selected word to the last string
$clipmain=getclipboard();
setclipboard("");
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$searchterm=getclipboard();
exec($_pr_path . $searchstring.$searchterm);
setclipboard($clipmain);
}

#creates a menu entry
searchplus_BuildMenu{
setmenu(Selection,macro,"Search Popup",searchplus);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."searchplus_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."searchplus;";

ofcourse this is a very raw macro, you can use it as a guideline/template but first you must make that new profile for search without any menubars and set a default width and height for its window according to your preferences

Date: December 01, 2009 02:17AM

Thanks for your ideas! I will try something...

Posted by: siria
Date: December 14, 2009 06:02PM

Just one little point, to add little icons to a menu button, I'm afraid they must be added manually in menuicons.cfg in the skin folder. Can be a second .bmp, it works. But must be added again for every new skin :-/

Date: December 17, 2009 08:16AM

@siria
Сan you explain more about icons? It is very important for me...

Re: Ported Cleeki for K-Meleon / menu icons
Posted by: siria
Date: December 28, 2009 05:25PM

It's all in the skin folder.
You mentioned you've created some skins? Then you know already the principle, there are pictures in rows (.bmp) and a file menuicons.cfg, which tells the browser which icon shall be shown for which command, in a menu. Not all skins use menu icons, but look into the default skin (Phoenity) as an example. Take a look in it, it's rather self-explanatory.

An example:
in my macro Style-Buttons I included the new icons (stylebuttons.bmp), and a template file with the new text for menuicons.cfg, and placed them into the folder skins/default. If you have no folder "default" yet, simply create it.
But users of that macro must manually copy the content of the text file and paste it into their menuicons.cfg, in the folder of their current skin, don't know an automatic way. Or rather, there sure are ways, but the much bigger problem is how to REMOVE that inserted text later, when they uninstall the macro again. But I think that's okay, copy + paste really isn't very difficult, and it makes people understand how this works.

Example:

1) Images for new macro menu, folder default: (stylebuttons.bmp)

2) Template text, to copy and ADD inside menuicons.cfg, folder Phoenity or other:

http://two.xthost.info/siria/km/km_stylebuttons/stylebuttons__icons-in-menu__add-text-manually-to-menuicons.cfg.txt
(stylebuttons__icons-in-menu__add-text-manually-to-menuicons.cfg.txt)

3) New macro .kmm of course! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 05:27PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.