Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: NoScript
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: March 14, 2010 05:43PM

use policy manager, it's the recommended and supported extension for script control, noscript isn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dabiank
Date: March 14, 2010 07:51PM

disrupted(unlogged)
use policy manager, it's the recommended and supported extension for script control, noscript isn't.

OK, thanks.

Posted by: Bigbird
Date: March 17, 2010 02:32PM

disrupted(unlogged)

Where i can find it ?
works this tool like noscript ?

Zockervogel

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: March 17, 2010 05:03PM

policy manager is at http://kmext.sourceforge.net (under privacy/security extensions)
works better than noscript

Posted by: Zockervogel
Date: March 18, 2010 11:31AM

hmm... it works better then noscript say nothing.

i don't understand to configure this.
I want a list for trusted sites. How i can block the other sites ?

The Addon AdBlockPlus blocks many sites.

i click some banner. I want so enable promotion trusted sites. The most of the sites i dont want.

I dont find a readme or something like that for the addons.

Zockervogel

Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 21, 2010 09:57AM

you have to create your restricted and trusted zones and add sites to those zones.

check this thread for tutorial
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,91203,91489

there is a readme included with policy manager, policymanager-readme.txt

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 12, 2010 01:50AM

dabiank
NoScript doesn't work with K-Meleon 1.5.4: after opening options, "OK" button doesn't work.

definitely a bug with the NoScript extension for KM. the "Reset" and "Cancel" buttons do work, on the other hand. so most but not all features of NoScript can work with KM 1.5.4 and 1.6.0a3.

Posted by: km2
Date: June 22, 2010 06:39PM

Hey, disrupted. What about old 1.1.0.0 noscript version for KM. Safe or not safe?

Date: June 23, 2010 12:32PM

use policy manager extension, it's a much better extension and better integrated in kmeleon .

Date: June 30, 2010 03:42AM

disrupted
use policy manager extension, it's a much better extension and better integrated in kmeleon .

however, policy manager extension supports KM versions 1.1x to 1.5x.
it may not work with K-meleon 1.6 alphas and 1.7 alphas.
I'll have to wait for that extension to be updated to support KM 1.6a/1.7a.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 03:45AM by 4td8s.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 30, 2010 11:32AM

I am using policy manager with KM 1.6.0a4 and it works fine.

Date: June 30, 2010 05:07PM

JamesD
I am using policy manager with KM 1.6.0a4 and it works fine.

copy that. PM seem to work perfectly with KM 1.6a4 on my XP computer.

Posted by: km2
Date: July 09, 2010 01:13PM

disrupted
What is the best config for the trusted sites(advanced javascript settings) like rapidshare, hotfile, etc... ?

Date: July 10, 2010 02:29AM

trusted sites are the sites you should never worry about so normally leave all js js settings enabled as to not hinder the site if it needs anything. blocking access to clipboard can be blocked..a good website shouldn't need that option

Posted by: jk--
Date: November 20, 2010 12:33PM

1.8.2.1 is the last version of NoScript that works.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLVZWVGY

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 20, 2010 04:20PM
Date: November 22, 2010 03:03PM

desga2
Download from original site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/versions/

But is it possible to install it in KM? And how? I've tried, but I'm asked to open or save the .xpi file... What should I do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 03:03PM by dabiank.

Posted by: wtf
Date: November 22, 2010 04:33PM

dabiank
But is it possible to install it in KM? And how? I've tried, but I'm asked to open or save the .xpi file... What should I do?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,77423,81707#msg-81707

Bear in mind, noscript does NOT play well with K-Meleon and may couse trouble.
You've been warned.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,99506,page=1

Date: November 23, 2010 10:20AM

wtf
Bear in mind, noscript does NOT play well with K-Meleon and may couse trouble.
You've been warned.
It has always worked fine for me. No trouble whatsoever.

I posted a link above with my kmleoen version of noscript:

Posted by: Paul
Date: November 23, 2010 02:52PM

JK do you mean you have ported this version yourself? If that's the case I will give it a try.

Date: November 24, 2010 09:49AM

Paul
JK do you mean you have ported this version yourself? If that's the case I will give it a try.

It's just NoScript 1.8.2.1 "out of the box" along with a kmm macro module (a very rudimentary one).

Posted by: Win98_PC
Date: December 26, 2010 08:03PM

NoScript doesn't work with K-Meleon 1.5.4: after opening options, "OK" button doesn't work.
I've installed NoScript 1.7.8.0 from Gecko Zone (see wtf's link) and indeed - the OK button doesn't close the config window. BUT, it seems that it still works as Apply. So you make the changes, hit OK, this will save the changes and then you can close the config window yourself. I know this because I looked in about:config and it seems to change settings for me.

Policy Manager
Yeah, it's an OK extenstion. But it seems to lack the versatility of NoScript. It reminds me of Zones thing in Internet Explorer. You set the site into trusted and it's good forever. This is somewhat limited, say you want permit temporarily and then block. Then you have to remove it manually. But it's only my opinion, so don't get mad, if you like it - that's fine with me.

jk--, does OK button work in your NoScript that you uploaded?

BTW, what's all this drama with NoScript developer? I didn't feel like reading 1000 pages of soap opera, can someone summarize the problem, the cause, and the solution? From what I see the developer seems to be sorry and fixed the code, so from which version NoScript is safe to use? Which versions are flawed? Thanks a lot!

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 31, 2010 04:42PM

Win98_PC
BTW, what's all this drama with NoScript developer? I didn't feel like reading 1000 pages of soap opera, can someone summarize the problem, the cause, and the solution? From what I see the developer seems to be sorry and fixed the code, so from which version NoScript is safe to use? Which versions are flawed? Thanks a lot!

Some past versions of NoScript had an avoidable flaw (A privacy breech, a wrong judment with possible consequences? I do not remember any details. Even if I did, I would not iterate - they are IMHO past tense).

I read/see the same as You: the author recognized and fixed the problem. smiling smiley

p.s. The "ok" button. Look into error console - what it says.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 04:55PM by guenter.

Date: January 05, 2011 12:28AM

guenter

Is this you are asking for? (please, look at the attached image)

First error in image:

document.getElementById("opt-showPermanent").setAttribute("label", noscriptUtil.getString("allowLocal", ["[...]"]));

Second error in image:

this.autoAllowGroup.persist();

Attachments: NoScript errors.png (24 KB)  
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 05, 2011 06:21PM

dabiank
guenter

Is this you are asking for? (please, look at the attached image)

First error in image:

document.getElementById("opt-showPermanent").setAttribute("label", noscriptUtil.getString("allowLocal", ["[...]"]));

Second error in image:

this.autoAllowGroup.persist();

Yes that is what I mean.

getElememntByID is If I remember rightly an error that also was present in K-Meleon1.6 chrome before desga2 fixed it = it had to be fixed. No idea how.

It disables all or part of the respective chrome window.

I am not sure but:

That error is possibly when You use old chrome made for another Gecko version.

So I also have a question. Here we seem to have posts about two versions of browser and extension.

Sorry I am not sure (do not know) about which combination You are posting?

Probably I overlooked something as usual. smiling smiley

1.) The download from GeckoZone is AFAIK for 1.5.x.
It has Version: 1.7.8.0 or so?

2.) I downloaded jk--'s upload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLVZWVGY and installed it in 1.6.beta2. After unpacking it is called noscript-1.8.2.1-km. I assume this is its version nr.

It does not itself cause any problem so far & works out of the box.

The only setback seems that it causes hussle/errors on safe pages like Yahoo mail.

These pages want to use sub pages with other URL - if some subpage cannot be loaded = Console throws errors. Bla bla cannot be found and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 07:00PM by guenter.

Date: January 13, 2011 05:22AM

guenter

still have the same "ok" button problem. clicking the OK button doesn't work, even with jk's modified Noscript 1.8.2.1 KM addon. tried it with K-meleon version 1.7 alpha 2. OK button in Noscript 1.8.2.1 does not close the Noscript dialog box and save changes.

Win98_PC

jk--, does OK button work in your NoScript that you uploaded?

jk didn't answer your question, Win98_PC. I did. OK button in his Noscript 1.8.2.1 addon for K-meleon still does not work.

FAIL! sad smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 05:30PM by 4td8s.

Posted by: Win98_PC
Date: January 16, 2011 01:19AM

guenter, thanks a lot for a quick explanation. I am using NoScript version 1.7.8.0 from GeckoZone. I like how it installs automatically and you don't have to manually unzip and search for folders/profiles.

But I was wrong in my previous post. OK button DOES NOT WORK at all. So don't bother changing anything in NoScript GUI window - it will reset to defaults once you close it.

The way around this is to manually edit noscript.js in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\defaults\pref using your favourite text editor. Once you are done save the file and then open K-Meleon, then NoScript Options and press Reset, so NoScript will load new settings from the file you just edited.

Of course, it's not the best way, but it works (for me at least). I usually define allowed sites/settings and it's good forever!

Windows 98

Date: January 17, 2011 04:48AM

The OK button in mine does work, tested in 1.16, 1.5x, 1.6b1 & b2

Date: January 19, 2011 05:24PM

jk--
The OK button in mine does work, tested in 1.16, 1.5x, 1.6b1 & b2

under what operating system, jk?

UPDATE: redownloaded your modified noscript 1.8.2.1 for KM and installed it under KM 1.6b2 and the OK button DID work. However, the OK button does NOT work under KM 1.7a1 & 1.7a2 as I've just confirmed it. K-meleon versions I've used are under WinXP SP3.

Recap: OK button for noscript 1.8.2.1 works only in K-meleon versions 1.6 and earlier but not in version 1.7 (except for Fred's unofficial KM1.7-SM2.0.11 version, which noscript's OK button seems to work correctly).

now it just needs the Noscript toolbar icon. see if you can attempt to add the noscript icons, jk. the noscript toolbar (1.8.2.1) in KM shows no icons.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 09:11PM by 4td8s.

Date: January 19, 2011 09:09PM

jk--
1.8.2.1 is the last version of NoScript that works.

are you absolutely sure on that one? what about 1.8.2.2 and higher (up to version 1.10.0)?

v1.8.2.2 seems to also work with KM 1.6 beta 2.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.