General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Fix for image cannot be displayed tooltip message
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: February 13, 2003 08:55PM

Here's a fix to get rid of the tooltip "The image %S cannot be displayed, because it contains errors." message when viewing an image in its own window. Note this seems to be a Mozilla problem but doesn't appear there since Mozilla doesn't display title tooltips.

Open \Program Files\K-Meleon\chrome\embed.jar and extract the file ImageDocument.properties (embed.jar is a zip file)

Edit the extracted ImageDocument.properties file, the last line has an InvalidImage string, change

InvalidImage=The image \u201c%S\u201d cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

to

InvalidImage=%S

Put the updated file back into embed.jar, be sure to put it back with full pathnames or it won't work.

This effectively fixes the problem, now the tooltip will be the image filename.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fix for image cannot be displayed tooltip message
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 13, 2003 09:05PM

asmpgmr,

Thanks for getting that and filing that against the bug. We'll get the fixed in the next release.

Date: February 13, 2003 09:20PM

Andrew,

A Mozilla bug should be filed for this since I'm basically ignoring the function of InvalidImage since I've never seen a real invalid image that would merit that message being displayed. I'm guessing that if there's a way to make Mozilla display title tooltips then the same problem will occur.

On a related note, I also updated about.xhtml in embed.jar to say K-Meleon 0.7.1. Ultimately it might be better if Javascript was used to extract the version from the useragent string instead of having it hardcoded as is done with the Mozilla version.

Posted by: lynchknot
Date: February 13, 2003 09:38PM

umm - I could not find ImageDocument.properties - will you let us know which folder it's in?

Date: February 13, 2003 09:52PM

It's one of the first files in embed.jar, the full path is locale/en-US/communicator/layout/ImageDocument.properties

Posted by: lynchknot
Date: February 14, 2003 01:03AM

Thanks, for some reason I passed it up.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.