General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Font Resizing Not Quite Satisfactory?
Posted by: Mike on a PC
Date: April 06, 2003 02:20AM

I enjoy Mozilla and Phoenix's options for "permanantly" increasing font sizes and retaining the changes. I have been as yet unable to achieve the same results with K-Meleon, and would like to know if i should request an improvement to K-Meleon.
Thus far, I have tried adding the following to my prefs.js and prefs.bak:

user_pref("font.size.variable.x-western", 26); (or other value)
user_pref("font.size.fixed.x-western", 14); (or other value)

While there was some improvement, these changes did not produce results comparable or as good as using CNTL+++++ ( "View-> increase font") The difference is most noticiable on sites such as Yahoo news, where the font size of the headlines on the left for the "featured articles" only increases with the latter. Not to mention, the other fonts tend to get all jumbled using the prefs mentioned above but not using CNTL+++++. Here is a sample URL: http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=business&cat=oil_and_gas
Please let me know how i can be increasing fonts accurately and consistently without asking for more bloated UI buttons and features! Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Font Resizing Not Quite Satisfactory?
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 10, 2003 11:27PM

Here you go, mike:

in macros.cfg:

size_font{
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
}

OnLoad {
macros(resize_font);
}

Ps. Add or remove "id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);" as needed in the first macro, I used 5 to match you example of "CNTL+++++" --

Pss. ID_FONT_INCREASE is exactly what is being called on "CNTL+" so the rendering should look eaxctly the same as manually resizing.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 10, 2003 11:29PM

ooops....

Ignore than, use this...I made the name of the macro inconsistant above...

In macros.cfg:

resize_font{
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
}

OnLoad {
macros(resize_font);
}

Date: April 10, 2003 11:50PM

This also assumes you are using a newer macros.dll (e.g., http://monkeesage.d2g.com/macros.dll ), you can alternately do it this way:

resize_font{
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
id(ID_FONT_INCREASE);
}

OnOpenWindow{
macros(resize_font);
}

The difference is that the OnLoad{} macro executes every time a page sends the signal that tells K-M that the page is finished loading, the OnOpenWindow{} macro executes as soon as the new window is opened, regardless of the loading state.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.