Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Bookmarks Plugin gone
Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: August 29, 2002 01:12PM

The bookmarks plugin no longer loads in .65 or .6. I have uninstalled K-Meleon and removed every known trace of the program from my system, but it still does not work after installing either version of the program. The file bookmarks.dll is in the kplugins directory where it belongs, the pref file tells it to load, but there is no trace of the plugin in K-Meleon. Not even in Edit - Preferences - Plugins.

Here is a summary of how it happened.

Windows on my system has not been working correctly for some time. I made a copy of all partitions on my main hard drive. Repartioned it, formatted it. Copied all of my programs/files back onto the drive with the exception of windows and the components it installs. I then did a clean install of windows. Everything worked great (of course I need to reinstall some programs) except the bookmarks plugin in k-melon is missing.

I have done everything that I can think of to get it to work again without any luck. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I can no longer use K-Meleon until I figure this problem out.

Jason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks Plugin gone
Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: August 30, 2002 09:11PM

I figured it out. I re-installed Norton System Works 2002 and ran WinDoctor. It found a few problems, one of which was an invalid activeX control.

After fixing the problems it found the plugin.

Jason

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.