Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
last few ideas for 0.8
Posted by: joe
Date: March 06, 2003 03:29AM

1. have the search function like mozilla where you type the phrase in the url bar and the search option appears last.

2. have the toolbar easier to change, like phoenix.

3. have a better default theme, like mozilla modern.

that's all for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: last few ideas for 0.8
Posted by: yeah
Date: April 06, 2003 09:19PM

I wasn't too thrilled with the default skin on there. I shouldn't have to install a program and then immediately hunt forums and documentation to make the buttons larger than a couple centimeters. Something like the xpexplorer skin, possibly with even bigger buttons than that.

Posted by: Klaartje
Date: April 07, 2003 08:01AM

Larger than a couple of centimeters? Oh well...

Most people don't want big buttons, so it would not be very userfriendly to make that default. But I do agree K-Meleon should have another default skin.

Posted by: Al.
Date: April 07, 2003 09:27PM

The problem with the skins which are available now is most of them mimic another browser or OS's look, rather than making K-Meleon look as individual as it should. I'm sure if one of these other skins were to be used then people would be still complaining about the same issue. Maybe it's time for some talented individual to come up with some toolbar icons which are both small enough *and* also makes K-Meleon look like no other. ;-)

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 07, 2003 11:16PM

Maybe it's time for some talented individual to come up with some toolbar icons which are both small enough *and* also makes K-Meleon look like no other

That's what the developers are hoping for. None of them are graphic designers or the like.

Posted by: Verbal
Date: April 08, 2003 08:27PM

I must agree.. Phoenix blows KM in terms of the shear number of nice skins they have (and things that can be skinned i.e. pref icons). However the actual prog is not as fast or reliable as KM.

Posted by: sidthegeek
Date: April 09, 2003 05:01AM

Can you block cookies, popup windows and images in KM, like you can in Phoenix and Mozilla? If so, how? This and address auto-completion are the only two features I still miss on KM. Perhaps KM already supports them but I'm not aware.

Date: April 09, 2003 06:14AM

No auto-completion, but the rest, yes. Go to preferences-privacy. It's kinda hard to miss.

Posted by: sidthegeek
Date: April 09, 2003 06:32PM

I guess I miscommunicated. I was alluding to the ability to selectively block cookies, on a per-site basis. Mozilla/Phoenix put up little dialog boxes when the server asks to set a cookie, and you can choose not to set the cookie. You can also manage cookie-setter sites via the preferences. Is all that possible with KM? If so, I'm missing stuff big time.

TIA.

Date: April 09, 2003 09:23PM

Place the following in preferences-configs-prefs

user_pref("network.cookie.warnAboutCookies", true);

Posted by: joe
Date: April 11, 2003 07:28AM

i like the "galeon" skin best, that would be an acceptable default skin. galeon has some good skins itself, http://galeon.sf.net

Posted by: Stager
Date: April 15, 2003 12:58AM

>>>> F U C K the S K I N S ! ! ! <<<<<

Get those BOOKMARKS working properly.

First fix the cake - then work on the frosting.

________________ Marc Stager

Posted by: Klaartje
Date: April 15, 2003 09:47PM

The bookmarks *are* working properly. For me, that is. Marc, you're behaving like a spoiled child here, ranting about your bookmarks problem at every chance you get.

So you're not happy with the bookmarks plugin. I'm sure everybody is aware of that by now. What good is it going to do to say it again and again, and ordering that things be done the way you want them?

Posted by: Jim
Date: April 17, 2003 01:31AM

The QNX skin is a good one for K-M. Nice small buttons, simple, and easy to look at.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.