K-Meleon 1.1 Development
(Fill me with 1.1-only bugs. Bugs affecting 1.1 and 1.0 should be in the BTS instead.)
- Mouse shortcuts in accel.cfg in the profile don't overwrite default ones
- Favicon transparency issue with http://xs209.xs.to/xs209/06472/favicon.png e.g. (black background instead of transparent), because "they use a 2bpp transparency bitmap, which is not supported by window. Which mean I have to convert it to a 4bpp image.".
- Related to "Fix: #878 Ctrl-Backspace deletes wrong part of URL": If an URL ends with "/something123/" double-clicking on "something123" selects "something123/" <- including the slash (incorrect). But when the end of the URL is "/something123/a" double-clicking on "something123" selects "something123" <- without the slash (correct). In both cases "something123" should be selected, with the slash being the delimiter.
Macros bugs (probably)
- URL Bar search doesn't work. K-M says "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded" when "some test" is entered, although "keyword autosearch" is enabled.
- Clicking the home button on the toolbar opens a new window (home page should be opened in the current window like in previous versions).
- Edit - Preferences shows the wrong skin name ("Klassic"), used one ("Phoenity") is displayed only after toggling.
Difficult to reproduce bugs
- Core/Gecko: K-M's sometimes stalling. It's just doing nothing for several seconds (20-30), no progress while loading pages in any window visible (and no data transfer either!), and then it progresses fine. It might happen only if one of the windows is a page with many many small thumbnails, that K-M is loading quite slowly, but it most likely seems to happen when a page is not responding. (One not responding site is hanging the whole browser.)
- Macros: An old (and fixed) macros bug has somehow returned in this version: The save as directory is not always remembered. In most cases it is, but not always. (With several windows open changing the directory in one window doesn't always change it for the others.).
Improvement wishes of currently new 1.1 features
- Re-/Moving menu items with menus.cfg from profile (i.e. removal of the main menu entry for "Groups" and/or moving this menu entry into the "Tools" menu as submenu)
- Renaming menu items with menus.cfg from profiles (i.e. "H" instead of "Hotlist").
- Reordering the menu (i.e. "Bookmarks Hotlist Favorites" instead of Bookmarks Favorites Hotlist") with menus.cfg from profiles.
- The send insecure warning dialog and others show now up in the task bar. With many K-M windows open I would prefer them to have a different icon (like a red lizard) or no icon at all to make it easier to find them (I just had one pop up, but continued to work elsewhere, had lots of green icons on the task bar, but didn't notice the one from the dialog at first...).