I'm working on it.
Dictionary.com's definition of proxy is as follows:
n. pl. prox·ies
1. A person authorized to act for another; an agent or substitute.
2. The authority to act for another.
3. The written authorization to act in place of another."
Using a proxy server has several advantages involved including:
1. Start K-Meleon if you haven't already
2. You need to find a proxy first. If you already know which proxy you will be using, then go ahead and skip to step 3. Either search for a proxy list or use my personal favorite to find a nice anonymous or transparent proxy server.
3. Go to (Edit > Preferences > Proxy) or (Tools > Preferences > Proxy) depending upon which version of K-Meleon you're using. You should see something very similar to the following: