K-Meleon 1.1 fr-FR Release Notes
These release notes outline system requirements, installation instructions, features and known issues for K-Meleon 1.1. K-Meleon 1.1 and the French localization were released on May 22nd, 2007.
What's New, Improved and Fixed in This Release
- Mozilla 188.8.131.52 backend.
- Default accels/menus/macros upgradable.
- Modular macros, easy to install.
- Full localization support.
- Session Saver plugin (not with layers).
- Possibility to open a new instance.
- See the changelog for details.
- Customization of search engines/mouse gestures/proxies.
- Overall improvements for macros and menus.
- Dialog UI.
- Cookie permissions and password support.
- See the changelog for details.
- Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server fully supported. Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, Windows NT 4.0 generally supported with updated Microsoft libraries.
- 32 MB RAM minimum recommended.
- 5 MB of free hard drive space for download. 16 MB of free hard disk space for full installation.
- The K-Meleon 1.1 fr-FR installer is available here.
- A .7z file containing only the French localization package is available here (you need 7-Zip).
- Double-click on the K-Meleon1.1fr-FR.exe file to start the Setup process. At any time in the process that you need to stop the K-Meleon installation, click on the Cancel button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Setup program. When completed, you will be given the option of letting K-Meleon start automatically.
- If you wish to use your old menus and accels configurations with K-Meleon 1.1, please review the details on Configuration Files.
- You have to install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run Java applets in K-Meleon. Once installed, K-Meleon automatically detects your JRE installation and no other configuration is necessary.
- K-Meleon has been tested with JRE 1.5. You can download JRE 1.5 from the Java website. To see if JRE is properly installed, type about:plugins in the URL bar. If you see the Java Plug-in listed, K-Meleon properly recognizes the JRE.
- Localization packages will be available in the K-Meleon Resource area.
- Go to Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.
- Select K-Meleon 1.1 fr-FR (remove only).
- Click on the Add/Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on the Close button to close out the uninstall program when it is completed.
- When viewing web page source from dynamically generated pages, the current source may not match the displayed page.
- The URL bar content is not updated if you go back/previous just after having edited it.
- When layers are activated, K-Meleon may not always exit properly.
- Colors do not display properly when monitor resolution is set to 256 colors since Mozilla/Gecko does not provide proper support for 256 colors. See Mozilla Bug #88560.
- A site not displaying properly is normally caused by one of two issues:
- The site is not compliant with current HTML standards.
- The display problem is due to a Mozilla/Gecko bug.
Mouse wheel scrolling/Multiple mouse buttons
- The Mouse Gesture support offered by the new plugin is very limited. Gestures are disabled by default, you can enable them in the plugins section of the preference panel. Users in need of more advanced gestures are advised to use a third-party program, such as StrokeIt.
- Mouse wheel scrolling does not work with all drivers. If you have problems, try updating your driver or disabling any "helper" programs that your mouse uses.
- K-Meleon may not recognize secondary control buttons on mice with multiple buttons. If your mouse software permits programming, you may want to try binding those buttons to the respective keyboard commands that K-Meleon uses for navigation.
Third party Plugins
- Most Mozilla-compatible plugins work with K-Meleon. If you already have Mozilla-compatible plugins installed, K-Meleon will detect and use a number of these plugins. You can download Mozilla/Netscape-compatible plugins from here.
- The most current versions of Flash Player and Shockwave Player support K-Meleon 1.1. To check to see if these are installed properly, visit Shockwave's test site. When installing either program if you are asked for the location of the plugins directory, use the following location: \Program Files\K-Meleon\plugins
- K-Meleon can be configured to work properly with proxies such as Junkbuster that do not support the most recent HTTP specification. By default, K-Meleon tries to use HTTP 1.1. To use K-Meleon with a proxy that only supports HTTP 1.0, change the HTTP version under Edit - Preferences - General.
K-Meleon 1.1 is released under the GNU General Public License?. K-Meleon uses the Gecko rendering engine developed for Mozilla which provides excellent support for current HTML, CSS and DOM standards. This version contains portions of Mozilla 1.8.
The K-Meleon Team
Alain Aupeix: Installer and SetDefault
Klaus Kohler: Macros, Advanced Preferences panel
Portions by Fr├ęd├ęric Chateaux (SeaMonkey French) and others (Console┬▓, NewsFox).
K-Meleon uses some bits from:
NSIS Installer (c) 2003 Nullsoft
Gecko and System Icon from Mozilla
Project hosting: SourceForge
NewsFox RSS/Atom news reader developed by Andy Frank and contributors. All Rights Reserved.
Flashblock extension developed by Ted Mielczarek and contributors. All Rights Reserved.
Console┬▓ extension developed by Simon B├╝nzli and contributors. All Rights Reserved.
Phoenity skin included with permission of Lim Chee Aun. All Rights Reserved.
K-Meleon provides a number of resources to support your use of K-Meleon: