General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Sometimes unresponsive when loading pages
Posted by: Lorsun
Date: February 27, 2010 07:39PM

I'm currently using windows 7 64 bit, 4GB RAM, wireless internet and I have an intel SSD.

Random pages don't seem to show, I see the loading bar progress in the status bar, but at a certain point it stops and remains unresponsive for a small period of times(between 5 to 60 seconds). If I click the link for a second time MOST of the time it will show the page, but other times it will just seem to wait for something.

My first impression was that it waits untill all requests have been handled, but that doesn't seem the case.

For example smashingmagazine.com took awhile to load but after 30 seconds or so all the text, main navigation + images became visible, but the ads took another +- 5 to 10 seconds to load.

I accessed this forum through help->faq, wich also took awhile to load aswell as home & wiki ...

The websites that took awhile to load earlier, load instantaniously now, but I credit that to cache.

Anyone else had or know of similar experiences?

Thank you in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sometimes unresponsive when loading pages
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 28, 2010 05:13PM

Hope we speak about the same.

Ja, sometimes the 1.8 GREs of my K-Meleon 1.5.x and my Thunderbird 2.0.x seem to linger. It does not happen often. When I notice undue delays? With K-Meleon I restart the browser, with Thunderbird I abort send mail and then press the send button again.

Greetings to the beautiful NLs smiling smiley

p.s. XP SP3, 4 GB RAM, AMD Dual Core CPU, Amilo Laptop.

smashingmagazine.com loaded imidiately for me.

Pictures that are not shown but page only shows placeholder?
Accidentely pressed F9 and toggled showing pics?
Press again & reaload.

Else normally damaged profile or add blocking css that prevents it?
Create a new profile with default settings and check with that.

Posted by: caktus
Date: February 28, 2010 05:42PM

I had this problem with 1.5.1. For some reason I was Unable to build a new pri[ofile as some some one suggested. Starting over with a new install of KM resolved the problem, I guess I had some how corrupted the old install.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 01, 2010 09:44PM

To create a new profile; Edit -> Manage Profiles... -> New

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 02, 2010 01:41AM

I am not sure if this is the same thing I see sometimes or not. What I have found is the once in a while I will click on something and the status bar shows lookng and I have hourglass, but nothing seems to load. I find that a slow click again gets a fast load. Maybe it is the speed of my mouse.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.