General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Tabbed browsing
Posted by: Dallin
Date: November 18, 2010 11:27AM

I am trying to figure out, is there a way to set it so that when you open a new tab, it doesn't switch to it? I like to line of my tabs to look at later, then go down the line. It's annoying to have it switch to the tab whenever I middle click a link.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tabbed browsing
Posted by: siria
Date: November 18, 2010 11:54AM

No prob. Check the mouse accelerators table in Help > FAQ

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 18, 2010 01:00PM

Dallin
I am trying to figure out, is there a way to set it so that when you open a new tab, it doesn't switch to it? I like to line of my tabs to look at later, then go down the line. It's annoying to have it switch to the tab whenever I middle click a link.

Which browser does it like that? :s

Also see Tools -> Mouse Accelerators.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 18, 2010 01:39PM

@ Dallin

This is easily done. Use EDIT - CONFIGURATION - ACCELERATERS and change your middle button code. The code you need is already there. It is just commented out. Remove the # from each line so that the code looks like this. Save the file and restart KM.

Middle-click links to the background:
%ifplugin tabs
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
%endif

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 18, 2010 05:06PM

Dallin

Tools - Mouse Accelerators. Choose any other than default.

Posted by: Dallin
Date: November 18, 2010 11:42PM

Thanks a ton guys, that's exactly how I wanted it to work. I can't believe I missed that the first time through! I was using an early version of Firefox before that did it that way. It got far too resource intensive to run though, multi-tasking like I do.

Thanks again.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.