General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
video players/plugins
Posted by: ohenry
Date: November 29, 2006 11:25PM

When installing a new browser (some more than others) there is an adjustment
period wherein you have to track down the media plugins that are appropriate
to your OS. I'm using windows ME. Is there one good central location (or, god willing, one single download??) where I might download the best media platforms/players for winME using Kmeleon? I love using Kmeleon, but I'm probably one of the least technically able users of this forum. I end up getting pretty confused about the range and applicability of media players/formats. Which is the best? Which is best for setting as the default player - windows media player? adobe flash player? quicktime? Divx player? Do you just install them all and expect each to step in when needed? Why do they ask upon installation, "do you want to make xxxxxx your default media player?"

I hope noone will jump in and lose their temper here with "why don't you do your own research before you junk up the forum with basic questions like this"

I really am not that new to this. But these are some questions that persist despite my attempts to understand them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: video players/plugins
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 30, 2006 05:20AM

We can not offer a commercial package - but all browsers except IE use the same
Netscape plugins model.

Download and install a Netscape 7.2 - and then copy his plugins folder/directory to the same folder/location ( plugins ) at k-meleon install folder. That will give You a good range of pre-configured players, java machine ... without any hussel.

Which is best - is a matter of individual liking.

They ask on installation because Music is a market for commercial players & as a matter of pride & user conveniance if they are freeware players.

We jump only on trolls and spammers :-)

Posted by: ohenry
Date: November 30, 2006 07:33PM

I installed netscape 7.2
where is the plugins folder/directory located?

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 30, 2006 08:33PM

in Program Files (or Your national equivalent) near to k-mleons default instalation.

they both have a npnul32.dll (Netscape default plugins, like all Netscape and Mozilla browsers) inside plugins directory - that file can used for a system wide search by name for the locations of Mozilla browsers.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.