General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Couple of Questions About K-meleon???
Date: December 05, 2008 05:11AM

1. What is the deference when i put user againt to firefox 2 instead of a default one?I mean i can see chat box in facebook when i use ff user agent,but is there any deference in speed while browsing,or it's just a trick to introduce a browser to web?
2. What are the difrences between km 1.51 and km 1.5.2 rc2?
Is km rc2 because of a newer gecko rendering faster then stable release km 1.51 and is that rc2 release reliable?

3. When i log on to windows in startup kmeleon always starts with question "do you want to continue browsing from last time" something like that,and i turn of all history,and that stuff..and turn off program and windows after using normaly.

4. Can i make google bar appear?(i dont like simple url tab integreted in k meleon)Or use adress bar to search through google?

5. Can i make speed dial,or something similiar to operas speed dial?

Tnx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Couple of Questions About K-meleon???
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 05, 2008 07:14AM

silverextream05
is there any deference in speed while browsing, or it's just a trick to introduce a browser to web?
No speed difference - just a trick (he sends a fake User Agent String go to browser spy.dk to see)

silverextream05

2. What are the difrences between km 1.51 and km 1.5.2 rc2?
Is km rc2 because of a newer gecko rendering faster then stable release km 1.51 and is that rc2 release reliable?

Some buggfixes, some innovations and a newer engine.
So far I had no problems using the RC.

silverextream05

3. When i log on to windows in startup kmeleon always starts with question "do you want to continue browsing from last time"
AFAIK a mild crash unless You changed something.

silverextream05

4. Can i make google bar appear?(i dont like simple url tab integreted in k meleon)Or use adress bar to search through google?
I do not understand. Google bar is a Firefox extension?

silverextream05
5. Can i make speed dial,or something similiar to operas speed dial?

Yes, have a look at the CCF versions and the info that Hao provides - he uses something like speed dial and it should work with all K-Meleon versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 07:18AM by guenter.

Re: Couple of Questions About K-meleon???
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 05, 2008 05:14PM

Some things about:

3) You can config this in Sessions -> Options ...

4) You can download Search Bar Ext K-Meleon kplugin.

5) Download SpeedDial for K-Meleon.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 05:15PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.