General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to set K-melon become the default browser
Posted by: Seven
Date: February 09, 2010 01:03PM

Hi everyone Please teach me How to set K-melon become the default browser ? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to set K-melon become the default browser
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 09, 2010 05:14PM

just click the set default button in preferences and follow the prompts from there

what's your windows version?

Posted by: Seven
Date: February 10, 2010 02:03AM

My windows is XP SP3 .I have clicked it but nothing change.The default browser is IE .

Date: February 10, 2010 02:20AM
Re: How to set K-meleon become the default browser (Windows98SE)
Posted by: siria
Date: May 09, 2010 08:20PM

Just noticed a little issue with Win98:

I'm used to just download zips, uninstall and run them portable, if any possible. Now when unzipping K-Meleon.7z, it contains a "K-Meleon.exe" and a "K-MeleonW9x.exe". I dimly remember that one of those got deleted when installing per "setup" once, and the W9x version got renamed to "K-Meleon.exe" instead. This makes a lot of sense, if I just think of macro writing - oh yes!!

But now since I still prefer to have a portable version that can be copied over to all systems, I usually keep both exes after unzipping and just set the quicklaunch icon to the W9x-one if needed. Guess I must have set all my filetypes manually, because I just used the defaulter to do it and find to my surprise that it defaults always to the "K-Meleon.exe", the XP-version in a 'dual' KM-folder, which of course doesn't run without tricks on my old lappy!

Don't know now whether to make a little improvement suggestion for this, but thought this should at least be mentioned somewhere here in the forum. Am not sure having read before about this little issue, if anyone had probs with default settings... Then again, the very few remaining W9x users probably know their manual ways by now, after a decade of use :cool:

Posted by: mars
Date: May 10, 2010 11:24PM

I have the same problem.
Win XP w/ SP3
Tried the recommended http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmdefaulter.7z but it made no difference. Firefox still is the default browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 10:19AM by mars.

Date: May 10, 2010 11:45PM
Posted by: mars
Date: May 11, 2010 09:48PM

disrupted,
Thankx.
That works.