General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
default search engine
Posted by: WillW
Date: July 27, 2010 12:36PM

How do you change the default search engine when you click on the "globe" icon on the toolbar. I would like to change the default search engine from Google to Yahoo. Many thanks and kudos to Kemeleon. One terrific browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: default search engine
Posted by: Manu
Date: July 27, 2010 02:15PM

Hello WillW, I couldn't find the option to change the default search engine in preferences but you can do it in about:config.
type about:config in address bar and in Filter type "search engine"(without quotes).You'll find kmeleon.general.searchEngine and kmeleon.general.searchEngineName. Just change them to the appropriate values.
For macros , go here K-Meleon Search+

Posted by: Manu
Date: July 27, 2010 02:20PM

Sorry for not clarifying.Add "http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="; to kmeleon.general.searchEngine and "Yahoo" to kmeleon.general.searchEngineName(all without quotes).To edit, just double click on the Preference Name.

Manu

Posted by: jsnj
Date: July 27, 2010 02:57PM

WillW
How do you change the default search engine when you click on the "globe" icon on the toolbar. I would like to change the default search engine from Google to Yahoo. Many thanks and kudos to Kemeleon. One terrific browser.

Go to Tools - Web Search and uncheck "Set As Default Engine". Now choose your search engine by clicking on it in the list. That will be your search engine when left-clicking on the icon from now on. You can lock the new one into place by clicking "Set As Default Engine" again. Along with additional features, Search+ will make it a little more obvious by showing the specific engine icon instead of the globe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 03:08PM by jsnj.

Posted by: WillW
Date: July 28, 2010 01:06AM

Thanks a million. I did not realize how easy it would be. Right in front of my nose.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 28, 2010 09:21PM

Also you can change it with right click over the "Globe" toolbar button, and select Yahoo! option from the context menu.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 29, 2010 01:31PM

WillW
Thanks a million. I did not realize how easy it would be. Right in front of my nose.

WillW,

Also check out the ability to add search engines to that list with the ADD dialog box. You'll just be scrolling through your master list of search engines to expand that list.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.